It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military and or Equipment moving in your area.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I see trains loaded with Military equipment rolling through Southern Nevada all the time.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
you'll see Zombies before they start rollin in the big guns.

...and you think i'm joking.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I don't see any new stuff where I live. I have noticed there is more military personnel though.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
not at all. This is in a supermarket parking lot. Should I go down there again and find out what exactly it is? It is just down the street.

That is a howitzer.

When you watch war movies and you hear that whistle right before the boom, that is the type of weapon that is used.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
the local national guard armory, nothing too sinister. however, usually we have about 5 or 6 vehicles they come and go... but recently I have noticed 3X normal vechicles humvee's for the most part.
mixed assortment - green and tan camo. a few weeks ago I saw several howitzers at the armory. all quite in central florida, let hope it stays that way.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I saw this today as I was driving; a miltary weapon. They had a tent set up and maybe it is too recruit people for the army. Do you think this is to get people used to a miltary precense in the future?

LMAO!!!

"......lets place this 155mm....here....there we go, lets get them used this sitting here....." what, riot controll with a 155??? yeah, set that up in walmart to hit the target 3towns away. There are lil tents around it...it is a safe bet that there was a recruiting event going on. It is not to get you USE to seeing 155mm Howitzers sitting at stratigic locations like WALMART!

thanks for the laugh guys.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Tank2/8]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tank2/8

I just found it extremely odd. In all my 34 years of living I never saw miltary that close. I am at a conspiracy site after all.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

not at all. This is in a supermarket parking lot. Should I go down there again and find out what exactly it is? It is just down the street.

No. It's probably there for recruitment purposes. They know how much attention the big guns get.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

conspiracy forum indeed
I am just bust'n balls, Not completely implying that my joke was directly to your comment/post.....I just could not pass up the chance to make a joke out of a worry of artillary being set up in a parking lot!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ac323af8daf.jpg[/atsimg]

Another better pic of a tank in my area.

As it was being shipped by train I noticed that for some reason all the hatches had been left open on the tanks... I thought about getting inside one to get a closer picture but as I moved in the train started again and That was the end of that.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by titorite]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

hmm, from this view of the pic you would be able to see the TC's hatch if it was open. There is no reason they would be left open, securing the hatchs before anykind of transport is highly enforced. Even when a tank is just sitting in its own motorpool, it is a HUGE nono to not lock up the hatchs. Are you in MD or Kentuky?

that rail car alone is about shoulder high, could you accually see high enough on the turret to even see the hatchs?

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Tank2/8]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tank2/8

I actually had to crawl down a hill and through alot of brush to get these pics. I thought it was very odd myself that the hatches should be open. Then again I am not a military man so I may of been mistaken about what I saw.

Here are some more pics from the same day. I hesitated about whether or not to upload them... I would like to thank AshlyD for her advice.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6bc96ddfb0b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/265e37c40350.jpg[/atsimg]

So That was the whole convoy of that day. It looked to me as though the hatches were open but what do you think?

Also an open question to any service men. Why would they ship these tanks else were to get repainted instead of just having some military men goto the tanks and repaint them at the bases they were originally stationed at?

Also I noticed the second photo has been chopped just a bit. You can see the whole photo in my picture section I think.... It was only three more tanks going on in that direction anyways. The other direction has too many tanks for me to count accurately.

I almost forgot. Tank2/8 I am in the Southern Mo area. Heartland of america, major rail hub.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by titorite]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

Also I noticed the second photo has been chopped just a bit. You can see the whole photo in my picture section I think.... It was only three more tanks going on in that direction anyways. The other direction has too many tanks for me to count accurately.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by titorite]

That was a lot of tanks!
I have no idea why they would ship that many tanks to one place.
Maybe they are making a new base somewhere?
I'm not much of a military person, so I wouldn't know.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I live in SW Portland, Oregon, and there is a reserve base very close to me. I have lived in this neighborhood for 3 years now, and over the last 6 months they have been stockpiling transport vehicles and humvees there.

I never saw a single active vehicle there in the first 30 months I lived here, and now I'd estimate there are 3 dozens there.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Can anyone explain seeing an F-15 flying around. I have seen an F-15 flying around my area three times. All times are at sunrise or sunset. But, the most recent one I saw was very odd. The F-15 was going straight up in the air rotating as it went up, like spinning in place. Now i'm pretty sure planes would stall if they do that but maybe F-15s don't stall from that?

Anyway is that standard procedure to fly an F-15 over an area to patrol it? I live in San Jose, CA which has mountains separating it from the nearest ocean but I guess it would be a good place to patrol for Chinese or North Korean.

I don't to me a lone F-15 with no wingman EVER is really weird.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
i'm not sure of this to be of any relevance, but I notice "similar" events transpiring near my residence as well. Occationally there will be startnge appearing trucks parked down our street for no reason. i look one minute then later they're gone. While they're there the drivers usually just sit in the trucks stairing forward. I see a lot of unmarked blacked out windowed van activity as well. Very often near my residence when I turn up from being on a trip out with family shopping.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
i'm not sure of this to be of any relevance, but I notice "similar" events transpiring near my residence as well. Occationally there will be startnge appearing trucks parked down our street for no reason. i look one minute then later they're gone. While they're there the drivers usually just sit in the trucks stairing forward. I see a lot of unmarked blacked out windowed van activity as well. Very often near my residence when I turn up from being on a trip out with family shopping.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Cool pics, thanks for sharing. Nothing to worry about here transport by train is done to save wear and tear on the tanks, We can't tell from the pics if the hatches are indeed open, my guess? No they were not. The company would ensure secure placement before letting the vehicles go.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tank2/8
reply to post by dreamseeker

conspiracy forum indeed
I am just bust'n balls, Not completely implying that my joke was directly to your comment/post.....I just could not pass up the chance to make a joke out of a worry of artillary being set up in a parking lot!

lol

come to your local hen house and learn to shot a tank.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I see military equipment being transported by trains and semis all the time. I often see military aircraft landing at the civilian airport. I had two jump jets fly over my car the other day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join