It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the source of underground HUM noise discovered..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

I'm not too sure if it *needs* to link in with underground bases. "The Hum" has been in and out of the UK news for years too. Not saying we don't have underground bases (we do), but the locations of people in the news that suffer from the darn thing aren't always placed near military sites. A BBC R4 news report late last year investigated a coastal town where several dozen folk could rarely sleep for it. IIRC they couldn't even register the sound on equipment. The locals were at their wit's end with lack of sleep. A woman described it as a HGV revving outside her home 24/7.

I guess the essence of the explanation means there's little people can do to prevent the noise/ vibration?

Return of the Hum

Spencer Stock e-mailed his recollections of first hearing The Hum as a child living in Kettering in the 1940s. While his parents dismissed it as simply the sound of his own heart beating, Mr Stock found that only relocation to another area succeeded in freeing him of the all-pervasive sound. He recalls, however, that the rooms in which he heard The Hum both had similar-sized chimneys, and wonders if an effect akin to blowing over the top of a bottle might be involved.

A whole lot of humming news...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I think it's just the natural vibration of Gaia. doubt it has to do with aliens though it is possible.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

As a sufferer of chronic progressive hearing loss of an unknown nature (it's genetic, that's all they know), I think I can speak to this subject a bit.

I have tinnitus in ALL frequencies, not just high frequencies. The low frequency tinnitus is enough to make me want to vomit as it creates a sense of vertigo. The high frequencies are painful. But I actually have fantastic high frequency hearing. I can still hear high frequencies that others cannot hear (such as those damned insect repellant things you plug into the wall) at my youthful age of 34.

As to the hum, I am in Dallas, Tx and I hear something of that nature all the time. I have train tracks near my house and often I have thought a train was near, but upon looking out the upstairs windows, I can see that there are no trains.

I have often speculated on the nature of this low frequency sound which sounds to me like a croc or elephant rumbling. I can confirm it is not in my head, because others can sometimes hear it (depends on age and the person). I don't really by the ocean waves causing it, though. I think there may just be things just out of sight that are interacting with out world and some of that slips through as a hum.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I thought it was an explanation for this sound:

The actual sound kicks in at 2:00.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
HA! for those of you that think Hoagland is a nut jobby.... he spoke of this in the early mid nineties..

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Haunebu

that was a proven hoax of a supposed "Hell Hole" the russians had dug and dropped a microphone into. If I remember correctly it was proven to be a hoax, althought the sounds sure are scary!

what some think maybe a gateway to Hell.

Dr. Azzacove, a Russian geologist, states that at about 2000 feet down, a cavern had been reached. "...the drill suddenly began to rotate wildly, indicating that we had reached a large, empty pocket or cavern. Temperature sensors showed a dramtice increase in heat to 2,000 degrees Farenheit."

"We lowered a microphone, designed to detect the sounds of plate movements down the shaft. But instead of plate movements, we heard a human voice screaming in pain! At first we thought the sound was coming from our own equipment."

"But when we made adjustments, our worst suspicions were confirmed. The screams weren't those of a single human, they were the screams of millions of humans!"

Dr Azzacove continues, "As a Communist, I dont believe in heaven or the bible, but as a scientist, I now believe in Hell."
"Needless to say we were shocked to make such a discovery. But we know what we saw, and we know what we heard, and we absolutly convinced that we drilled through the Gates of Hell!"

this should have nothing to do with the audiable hummm noise heard.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Your ears aren't the only way your body interprets waves.

Your skull has parabolas all over it. If even some of those waves bounce back and intensify inside your skulls, some people's brains might pick up those waves and their brain intrepret them in the way that it usually does so....as sound.

That's one possibility.

Anyways. I don't hear Taos. I do hear the high frequency hums, just as a previous poster does. CRTs, vacuum tubes, old security systems, insect and mouse repellents, dog fences.

I occassionally have gotten tinnitus. It isn't the same. Tinnitus doens't have directionality. It doesn't start and stop when you come and go from an area. It won't start and stop because someone turned on a monitor and then turned it off.

Unless you want to claim that tinnitus will stop when someone moves, or turns around, or leaves a room, or moves their head.

I don't think it is necessarily a "conspiracy," but it is something and claiming that it is a dysfunction is just plain rude. Some people may not realize what they are hearing is actually tinnitus. However, many people who have gone far enough to have looked into it and found they have no hearing damage but have a hum of some sort should not be dismissed summarily by those who cannot even be bothered to understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join