It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blogger accused of threatening judges denied bond

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Blogger accused of threatening judges denied bond

www.miamiherald.com

The Associated Press
CHICAGO -- A blogger accused of threatening the lives of three Chicago-based federal judges by saying they "deserve to be killed" has been ordered held without bond.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Martin Ashman says Hal Turner of North Bergen, N.J., is too great a danger to the community to be released on bail.

Prosecutors did acknowledge that Turner has been an FBI informant, paid by the government to spy on radical right-wing organizations. They say he told federal marshals about a man's threat to disrupt a Chicago rally following President Barack Obama's election.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.miamiherald.com

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Another story of Government intrusion into the Internet…the man was a paid FBI informant looking for ‘right wing extremists’ online for the government.

However it appears when he actually realized that his own right to bear arms was being threatened he wasn’t too happy about it!

This is an excellent lesson for those on the left who want to get in government to spy on and try to influence the debate going on within the right with disinformation. Once you are in bed with Big Brother, Big Brother becomes a very fickle mistress.

Spying and informing for the government regardless of your party affiliation is really not a good or wise idea people!

www.miamiherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

By MIKE ROBINSON
AP Legal Affairs Writer
CHICAGO -- A New Jersey blogger accused of threatening to kill three federal judges has been an FBI informant and even told authorities about a potential plot to assassinate President Barack Obama, his lawyer said Tuesday.

Blogger Hal Turner pleaded not guilty earlier in the day to charges that he threatened to kill three Chicago-based federal appeals judges.

Case in point the man had even supposedly uncovered a potential plot against Obama yet when he crossed the line to speaking about violence in theory he found himself locked up instead.

The government clearly will not even tolerate idle conversation and blowing off steam in conversations if it threatens potential violence aimed at anyone specific in government even if it's just a whimsical wish that some ill somehow befall them.

Free speech is dissapearing in this country and it is being turned in to a police state and part of the problem is citizens who are so politicized and partisan they are willing to spy on their fellow citizen and become judge and jury themselves in the process of what should be acceptable and what shouldn't where free speach and idealogy is concerned.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I cant see how saying someone deserves to be killed is threatening them?
That's not saying you are going to kill them is it?
I mean plenty of people say everyday they think someone deserves to be killed isn't that just an opinion not a threat?
Perhaps they should now round up and arrest everyone who says to someone they hope they die?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
I cant see how saying someone deserves to be killed is threatening them?
That's not saying you are going to kill them is it?
I mean plenty of people say everyday they think someone deserves to be killed isn't that just an opinion not a threat?
Perhaps they should now round up and arrest everyone who says to someone they hope they die?

I don't understand it either. I know if you are a criminal convicted by a Judge or being tried by a judge and you mention anything about that Judges safety that they are going to charge you seperately for any threat against a judge.

I think what happened here is simply that because he was an FBI paid informant and obviously the FBI was following and tracking everything the man said and did on line as a paid schill that when he crossed the line to mentioning anything bad happening to anyone in the Federal Government and advocating it in any way they stepped in and shut him down for fear that maybe the informant they activated and were paying might bring more embarassment on the FBI and their spy and disinformation tactics and how it can go awry than it already had.

It sure is turning into a police state here in America.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So much for freedom of speech.

I think this poor guy is being set up as an example to frighten dissenters in to being silent.

The USDA did the same thing to farmers in the last few years. Holding women and children at gun point, breaking into a private citizen's home and stealing his computer and records as he was getting ready to go to court against them, sending e-mail threats, lying about private citizens, destroying livestock and livelihoods on trumped up nonexistent charges, and generally making examles of anyone who dared to oppose them.

The government is definitely getting out of control. I hope there are large protests about this travesty of justice where he was jailed!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I was once charged with disturbing the peace over the telephone for saying to a bank manager that one day someone isn't going to take her stuff and they will kick her butt. Only I said it in a more crude way. I cleaned it up for the web site. I never said it would be me; I said SOMEONE. I told her she ws lucky that i was non-volient yet the moron only heard three words out of the whole statement.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
I was once charged with disturbing the peace over the telephone for saying to a bank manager that one day someone isn't going to take her stuff and they will kick her butt. Only I said it in a more crude way. I cleaned it up for the web site. I never said it would be me; I said SOMEONE. I told her she ws lucky that i was non-volient yet the moron only heard three words out of the whole statement.

Threatening the banksters is even more risky than threatening the judges.

A person really does have to watch what they say and how they say it more and more in this world.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Even if I knew the outcome I would not have done anything different. I always stand up for myself no matter what.

A person is looked at as a voilent or bad person if they simply speak their mind or show any type of anger or emotions.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
What do you do then when a judge really does deserves to be killed? Keep your mouth shut because you're afraid his pals come to the rescue?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
What do you do then when a judge really does deserves to be killed? Keep your mouth shut because you're afraid his pals come to the rescue?

Hope that somehow, someway that the Judge can be impeached. Of course that's hard to accomplish if the Judge doesn't offend the wrong corporation(s) first, or cause such an embarassment through judicial misuse of their power that it's plastered accross every News Paper again and again.

The reality is the corporate government protects the haves from the have nots with a thin blue line of police, a thin line of prosecutors, a thin line of judges, and a thin line of politicians and all of them are more or less above the law until they cause an outlandish embarssment to the system itself. The system protects itself at all costs.

If they don't the line between the elite and the masses evaporates and well the elite wouldn't like that at all!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Even if I knew the outcome I would not have done anything different. I always stand up for myself no matter what.

A person is looked at as a voilent or bad person if they simply speak their mind or show any type of anger or emotions.

I certainly do admire a person of principals and convictions.

It is after all the only way your inalienable rights become inalienable!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Meanwhile Michael Reagan, son of the former presidentwas never charged with a crime even though in june of 2008 he called for the death of 911 truther Mark Dice. Reagan even offered to supply the bullets!!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45
Meanwhile Michael Reagan, son of the former presidentwas never charged with a crime even though in june of 2008 he called for the death of 911 truther Mark Dice. Reagan even offered to supply the bullets!!

Welcome to Amerika where what's good for the political and wealthy elite is not good for the common serf.

Now get back to work or no gruel for you tonight!

It practically is getting that bad isn't it friend?

top topics

join