It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic Privacy Information Center - "PASS ID Act is REAL ID Act 2.0″

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Electronic Privacy Information Center - "PASS ID Act is REAL ID Act 2.0″

newsday.today.com

While the health-care battle has dominated the news industry the last few weeks our Congress has quietly been trying to sneak the “Providing for Additional Security in States’ Identification Act of 2009″ (PASS ID Act or S. 1261) into law.

“A bill to repeal title II of the REAL ID Act of 2005 and amend title II of the Homeland Security Act of 2002 to better protect the security, confidentiality, and integrity of personally identifiable information collected by States when issuing driver’s lice
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
So this is what they were trying to sneak through the cracks.

This will do the exact opposite of helping prevent identity theft, as anyone with an RFID chip reader who is in range could have all of your personal information.

Petition
www.campaignforliberty.com...

Remember on how India is planning for everyone to get a national ID card. I believe there is an RFID chip in that card.
What if the chip is based on the same standard is PASSid?

What I mean is it might no longer just a national ID card, if RFID chips can talk to rfid chips then it's an international ID card.

newsday.today.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-8-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
We will also receive a "National Health care ID Card" under the health care bill and it will also have an RFID chip in it.

Looks like either way they will have RFID chips in an ID card of some sort.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

:shk:

While the health-care battle has dominated the news industry the last few weeks our Congress has quietly been trying to sneak the “Providing for Additional Security in States’ Identification Act of 2009″ (PASS ID Act or S. 1261) into law.

You just HAVE to 'love' the names they come up with. Like the USA PATRIOT [Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism] Act, just more keeping tabs on American citizens under the guise of security and fluffy feel-good names.

What this description conveniently doesn’t tell you is that it would require everyone to carry a National ID card, something that Americans have made clear they are strongly against...

Make no mistake about it, this PASS ID Act is almost exactly the same as the REAL ID Act. The same REAL ID Act that 24 states rejected.

:shk:

How serious/possible do you think this is?

is a proposed U.S. law intended to replace REAL ID. Like REAL ID, it implements federal standards for state identification documents. Currently, states are not obligated to follow the standards, but if PASS ID takes full effect, federal agencies will only accept identification from states that materially comply with the law, citizens from non-compliant states would need to provide federally issued documents such as a social security card or U.S. passport in order to enter federally-owned buildings.

PASS ID would eliminate REAL ID requirements that are considered excessive, such as the obligation to verify birth certificates with the issuing department, and shared national databases.

en.wikipedia.org...

I've heard bits and pieces about it but not that much.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
You know I'm to the point where I'm just going to start saying "NO".

They keep trying to shove these bills down our throats just like the Real ID act, that was passed into law, but states refused to comply with it.

The greatest weapon against un-constitutional legislation, is the simple word "NO". Are you going to do it or just complain about?(general question to everyone) Me personally I won't comply screw them, this is why our rights get taken away because people just bend over and take it, time to say no more.

Same with this bill, I'm not getting no PASS ID screw them. Yet again they are trying to shove this through in the dark of the night, bunch of crooks.

edit to add -

If people want to be free then they need to start acting like it.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yes yes these misnomer of names
It's pathetic, what's worse is that it probably works

Chief among the bill’s supporters is Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, who stands to wield expansive and virtually unchecked power to set standards.

Under Dangerous ID, Napolitano can unilaterally expand required information on driver's licenses, potentially to include biometric information such as retinal scans, fingerprints, DNA information, and even Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) radio tracking technology.

You see, Dangerous ID[passID] actually requires that driver’s license photographs meet United Nation’s biometric format standards. At this level of sophistication, government software can analyze facial characteristics and generate a unique identification number.
www.liveleak.com...

United Nations?
btw the above text is from C4L
www.campaignforliberty.com...

[edit on 11-8-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It's too bad this didn't get more bumpage.

I'll do my part as I think this is a very important topic.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

It's inevitable. They will eventually implement some sort of national identification system, it's just a matter of time. This particular legislation might not make it through, but something similar will, and probably sooner rather than later. Good find, ModernAcademia, S&F.

TA

[edit on 11-8-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm confused on what the justification is for these cards or for any sort of ID more significant than our ordinary driver's licenses. I personally am not enthusiastic about any of this and I would consider not filling out or accepting any of these cards. Truthfully, I'd like more info on the subject.

Good topic

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

It's all about control and information. I don't know what particular sugar-coated lie they're using to mask that fact in this case, but it's just that.

TA

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Great find !! s&f

They are allways pulling this kind of sneaky stuff...shame on them. That is just another one of the reason's why there is a revolution coming.
I have allready put my DL into the microwave for 10 seconds , just to make sure. It was hot

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If the health care bill gets passed it will be an arrange of security bills to follow.

People on government health care not only will have a card with electronic monitoring but they may even push the under the skin identification chip for easy and accessible medical information.

Today some representative of some group on NCBC was talking about the possibilities of how the health care bill will open for a new wave of communication technology.

The only thing I can only imagine that will be this profitable is if the government force people under their government health care to have a chip implant for medical records information.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It seems as if the United Nations is heavily into Biometrics and RFIDs.

Biometrics Key To Employment Verification: Schumer
Law360, New York (July 21, 2009) -- An effective system for verifying the legal status of workers in the U.S. must use “biometric identifiers” such as photographs or fingerprints, Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., and experts on Capitol Hill said Tuesday.

Employers must ultimately be held accountable for verifying the legal status of immigrants who work for them, Schumer said, and could more justly be held accountable if better tools were...
employment.law360.com...

And what right to they have to do the below:

According to reports, U.S. troops are using mobile scanners to take fingerprints, eye scans, and input other personal data from Iraqis at checkpoints, workplaces, the sites of attacks, and door-to-door canvasses. This information is then being used to build an unprecedented identification database of Iraqis that is administered by the U.S. military. However, there is as yet no indication of any privacy safeguards protecting against the risk that this information will be used to fuel the ethnic cleansing.
epic.org...

Well it sure will be global

Robert Mocny (DHS US-Visit) stated that “information sharing is appropriate around the world, and DHS plans to create a “Global Security Envelope of internationally shared biometric data that would permanently link individuals with biometric ID, personal information held by governments and corporations.”

This system attacks state and national sovereignty and our rights of representation. U.S. citizens have no control over the international organizations that will identify them and control their ability to buy, sell and travel. A universal ID system will break open the borders, not help control them.
www.dhs.gov...

I don't think there will be any way to stop this

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Here is the bill before the senate, it seems to be stalled at this
time per this site, but some "New Pearl Harbor" event like
PNAC was praying for could prod it on thru.

PASS ID act

They can also just cut n' paste a new one with a new number while
the session is out and ram it thru via HSPD 51.

So at this point whatever the want they can do and do quite a
bit without the approval of the house and senate.

HSPD 51 makes that VERY clear.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm getting really sick of these perverse security measures. Look, I'm on vacation. Can't I have a break without having to worry about what obtuse measures that the government will further impede on our civil liberties? These people are absolutely crazy. They'll just try to speed these things down our throat. They'll try to make us not care. They'll try to take advantage of the easily manipulative public. They'll play the good cop and bad cop routine on us to try to make us not care. We know better. These people think they can get away with it. It's sad.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
I'm confused on what the justification is for these cards or for any sort of ID more significant than our ordinary driver's licenses. I personally am not enthusiastic about any of this and I would consider not filling out or accepting any of these cards. Truthfully, I'd like more info on the subject.

Good topic

A lot of good info right here:

Real id

The partially proven relations of REAL ID to the NWO

If the American ppl cannot wake up with this being announced
on mainstream news, then the sheep are hopelessly lost.

Thus my stance, get rdy to get out of dodge if and when things
go down like they did in Germany.

Check out Naomi Wolf here to see why I say this is already happening.

The End of America

If you want more I will gladly provide more than you can likely stomach.

Good Luck !

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Seems like it's always bad news after more bad news, and one RFID after another RFID.
They already know what we eat because of our supermarket membership card.
Which means they know what poisons we eat so they'll know antidote to sell us.
But you won't be able to get cured unless you have another rfid chip.

Just a matter of time before they consolidate these rfid technologies.

666?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
So, what is being said here is that the government tries pass acts on the sly whenever there is a bigger issue at hand occupying the citizens' time.

I hope you guys know there are already RFID chips in some credit/debit cards. Here are two sample videos

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

There is also personal info of yours (like SSN#) on some credit cards, which is illegal by law, but because people won't ever find out about it, it won't matter.

Sadly, this is done all in the need for more security. And according to this guy, we will have to get this REAL ID to get around to some extent.

www.youtube.com...

If we get this and the Healthcare card, then the government will say "Isn't it more convenient to have a chip? I mean, look at all those cards - my god, you got your credit cards, debit cards, SSN card, I mean, cards, cards, cards! With the chip, all of that is on the chip! And you do not have to worry about identify theft. SURE, someone could drug you and cut it out to use it, but hey, what are the odds of that happening, eh? C'monnnnn..."

We are moving closer.

top topics

join