It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel tells nationals: Leave Sinai immediately

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Counterterrorism unit warning of planned attacks during the upcoming Jewish holiday period.

The warning came from the government's counterterrorism unit. The unit warned Israelis of planned attacks during the upcoming Jewish holiday period, which begins with Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year), at sundown on September 18.

he announcement mentioned tensions along the northern border of Sinai with the Gaza Strip, as well as recent threats from Hezbollah to strike at Israelis.

The unit warned of threats to kidnap Israelis abroad, with the emphasis on businessmen, in particular ones working in Arab and Muslim countries.

Haartz

Things are heating up... again.

Well, we all have read of the terrorist and their rockets on the Lebanon/Israel border.

Preparing to remove the terrorists and their weapon's is a no-brainer.

I am guessing that they are preparing for Hamas terrorists to try to attack at the same time.

I am also guessing that the Sinai is the favored route of getting Iran/Syria's weapons/bombs to their terrorists forces.

Now, this is supposed to be September time frame.

As a side note, I "thought" the web-bot project saw troubles in October.
(start in September and get worse till something in October???)

Minor point, the Jewish new year starts in September.

[edit on 8/11/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I read an article that Israelis should not leave Israel between Av 9th and Rosh Ha'Shannah at dreamingofmoshiach.blogspot.com

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
More references:

Israel expects a Hezbollah operation
iloubnan.info - August 11, 2009, 15h00 - updated

BEIRUT – Israeli Intelligence affiliated-anti-terrorism center called on Tuesday, all Israeli nationals to leave Sinai immediately and not to get back there. The center listed some countries suspected to be targets of Hezbollah operations against Israelis and warned against going there. The countries were listed as Kashmir, South Thailand bordering Malaysia, Colombia, Kenya, Sudan and Yemen. The center expected Hezbollah to carry out a suicide or kidnapping operation in one of said countries. It called on Israeli businessmen in Arab and Islamic countries to be very careful and not to stay there for long periods of time. It underscored that returning to Israel, for the time being, would be far safer and better than any other precaution measures.

iloubnan

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
And yet more news......

Egypt hunting for 13 members of Hezbollah cell in Sinai

Egyptian police are tracking down 13 members of an alleged Hezbollah cell believed to be hiding out with Bedouins in the Sinai peninsula, a security official said Monday.

The men are thought to be 10 Lebanese and three Sudanese - part of a group of 49 members of an alleged Hezbollah cell that the government announced is plotting to attack Egyptian institutions and Israeli tourists.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak to the media, said the men had taken shelter in the central Sinai town of al-Nakhl.
Advertisement
Authorities fear the suspects may either try to escape north into Gaza some 120 miles (200 kilometers) away through the many secret tunnels or head south to the tourist resorts on the coast.

Haartz

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The Home Front Command will conduct a test of air raid sirens on Wednesday in the center of the country at 11:00 a.m.

The sirens will sound for one and a half minutes, and will be heard in the following locations: Modi'in and the surrounding area, Ramla, Lod, Be'er-Ya'akov, Gezer, Emek-Lod, Matityahu, and Mavo Horon.

In the event that a rocket is launched at those areas at the time of the test, an additional siren will be sounded.

JPOST

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Interesting post.

For all we know, counterterror teams may already be active in dismantling these militants. I hope the true heroes of Lebanon stop Hezbollah from bringing pain upon the people they "protect" and by true heroes I mean Druze and Christian Lebanese. Not the Shiite pretenders of Hezbollah.

Fun fact: There is a community of nearly 120,000 Druze in Northern Israel, even with many serving in the army. There are 18 politicians in Israeli parliament that are Druze, which is a larger ratio of positions to ethnic populations than others. Unlike other Arab ethnicities, they chose to befriend Israel instead of antagonize and join forces in going to war against it. There is also a war memorial to the fallen Druze soldiers of the IDF.

Judging by my fun fact, it is quite hard to say that Muslims suffer in Israel, even though most Druze communities do not consider themselves Muslim.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Preparing to remove the terrorists and their weapon's is a no-brainer.

Who are the terrorists? I am interested in your answer because much of history demonstrates Israel as the sole aggressor.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Israel has a habit of targeting civilians so if this story has any merit I think it is payback.

Interestingly, Hisbullah does not usually operate outside its borders and its primary role is the defence of the Lebanese borders from Israeli invasions.

Until 2002 or there abouts, Hisbullah was considered a legitimate political party in the US. With Israeli lobbying, it was finally designated a terrorist organisation.

I think this news article from the OP serves to describe Hisbullah as terroristic by suggesting that they will go abroad and kill holidaying civilians. This would not serve Hisbullah's interests and it would be pointless since they are already are very good at killing armed Israeli military invaders.

It is possible that Hisbullah could follow Israel's tactic of assassinations of Israeli interests abroad if Israel decides to invade the Lebanon again, in which case it would be classified as war.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Well the two main ones are known as Hezbollah and Hamas, but don't worry, there are plenty of others. Latest murmurs off the wire are that the Yassam are already initiating operations against militants with cooperation of Egyptian officials. Sorry I don't have a reliable source for it, but if your allegations of war crimes can pass then so can this.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by onoffon

Actually, if you listen to the Druze of Lebanon, who are actually much smarter and are currently involved in containing Hezbollah, they know that Hezbollah is the real threat. Israel is just a whatever to them. The Druze in the Golan Heights haven't suffered, nor has the 120,000 or so Druze in Israel. Go Israel, and go Druze since they have relatives in the IDF and relatives on the ground in Lebanon.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

Actually the Druze are well known for joining the Israeli military and are seen as a fifth column by Christian and Muslim Arabs.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by onoffon

Excuse me onoffon, I think you just restated something. Anyways, yes, the Druze to have a tendency to join the IDF. And no, they are not seen as a fifth column by Christians in Lebanon since they dislike the Shiite militias. Of course the Arabs would see the group that resisted nationalism as traitors, especially since most do not recognize themselves as Muslims despite the views of the Lebanese government.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

I am afraid I do not understand what you are saying. On one hand you say Arab Christians do not see Druze as a fifth column and then turn around and say Arabs see the Druze as traitors. Is this some kind of Israeli supporter blind spot? The refusal to acknowledge that Arabs are also Christians?

You also make it sound like it is dirty for an Arab can be nationalistic. Unfortunately no one can be more nationalistic than Israelis and it is over land that does not belong to them.

I think it is important to always examine the turn of phrases Israeli supporters use since you speak to two audiences; those that have limited information about the truth of Israeli crimes and those that see through Israeli propaganda.

You are using ephemeral language that avoids issues and flits between realities and you are some random poster on a forum. This is amazing use of sophisticated disassembly.

Do Israeli supporters organise their debating styles on central websites or is it cultural?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by onoffon

I am afraid I do not understand what you are saying. On one hand you say Arab Christians do not see Druze as a fifth column and then turn around and say Arabs see the Druze as traitors. Is this some kind of Israeli supporter blind spot? The refusal to acknowledge that Arabs are also Christians?

I am meaning Arab Muslims if you must require me to specify. Arab Christians do not see the Druze as a threat or traitors. It is not an Israeli supporter blind spot, it is more of a terrorist supporter excessive complication of defining every different kind of demographic to make your claims sound realistic.

You also make it sound like it is dirty for an Arab can be nationalistic. Unfortunately no one can be more nationalistic than Israelis and it is over land that does not belong to them.

I'm not making it sound dirty, its just that the Druze refused to become against Israel. They did something original instead of joining the disastrous unwritten coalition between groups who wish to destroy Israel. They accepted that they have new neighbors. The Palestinians are nationalistic in their drive to kill Israeli citizens.

I think it is important to always examine the turn of phrases Israeli supporters use since you speak to two audiences; those that have limited information about the truth of Israeli crimes and those that see through Israeli propaganda.

Well I see what are red herrings and what are the real deals. I see it both in Israeli, British, Canadian, Brazilian, New Zealand, and even the 'Arabian' media. I also see where certain 'Human Rights' groups get their funding and who controls them. When you are constantly absorbing that much information on an hourly basis (thank you RSS feeds) you know a lot more than you let on.

Want to know the opinions of Sudanese refugees who escaped from the Darfur region? They don't like Arab Muslims that much. They like Jews more.

You are using ephemeral language that avoids issues and flits between realities and you are some random poster on a forum. This is amazing use of sophisticated disassembly.

It is lovely how people get accused of things when they are making points that are contrary to others' opinions. If I was using 'sophisticated disassembly' like you say, you wouldn't be able to reply without shooting yourself in the foot one way or another.

Do Israeli supporters organise their debating styles on central websites or is it cultural?

Actually they don't organize their debating styles on central websites, and since when is ATS considered a central website? And no, it is not cultural since we all have different reasons to support Israel.

Do Israeli detractors organize their debating styles on central websites or is it cultural?

top topics

join