It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuck Norris: Dirty secret No. 1 in Obamacare = Home visits

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by Avenginggecko

You say, "The program is completely voluntary! No government agents are going to barge through your doors and spirit your children away to some federal education camp." I should point out to you the government says the Federal Income Tax is also voluntary. But, just try not paying your voluntary tax. The government is NOT to be trusted with raising our children. I mean look what a wondrful job they did in bringing democracy to Iraq.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by romanmel]

Federal income tax is not voluntary.

Here you go.

Regardless of whether or not you might think it's voluntary, it's not.

The two have nothing to do with each other, and if you're unwilling to see that, there's no point in continuing the conversation with you because we'll both just get irritated. No hard feelings though, just don't want us to waste each other's time.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It's utterly astounding all the people who whined and moaned about the Patrio Act and the Bush admin taking away everyone's rights... and suddenly do a 180 for the Dem healthcare plan and say it's good for govt to be in our homes.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CrowServo

Bingo...you got it.

wow, you actually read stuff...thats unusual...your not going to go very far around here in political nutcase land. Forum for the feared, land of the liars.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

What pretty much you are saying is that it is ok for the STATE to control and indoctrinate American children just because "of a few bad apples"...

This reaks of dictatorship in the making. The government SHOULD NEVER get involved in telling what parent should be teaching their children, or even indoctrinating future Americans to a party line.

BTW my previous statement was not directed at all Democrats, but at those who continue to believe the lies even after President Obama has broken every promise he has made.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

AY!!!!

Whycome you bring reality into this! no fair using facts...this is not about facts, its about propogating paranoia based on mistruths and special interest groups desires.

stop it with all that reading nonsense now...when has facts and stuff ever been useful anyhow...just grab the bloody torch and lets burn out the ebil Obama.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

What pretty much you are saying is that it is ok for the STATE to control and indoctrinate American children just because "of a few bad apples"...

This reaks of dictatorship in the making. The government SHOULD NEVER get involved in telling what parent should be teaching their children, or even indoctrinating future Americans to a party line.

Educational guidelines have been used since the dawning of...education.

there goes that theory. oh well.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
OH FOR CHRISTS SAKE LIKE CHUCK NORRIS IS A VALID AND LEGITIMATE NEWS SOURCE....GIVE ME A FRICKIN BREAK.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ
But any redneck,stump jumpin,backwoods,Jethro,riflerack havin, NRA belongin' to,pick-up truck drivin', outhouse usin' white trash, toothless hillbilly can reproduce untill the good lord says it's time to stop.

Well, I'm saying it's time to stop. We either need forced sterilizations or forced education.

I'm all for it.

Well aww shucks mister, i guess us backwoods stump jumpin white trash rifle totin, outhouse usin hillbillies just don't have the big o'l non white trash brains of you slick espresso drinkin' hybrid drivin' winerack havin' white toothed unarmed ACLU belongin' to cityslicker fascists have.

Since i's don't know no better you's smart people can cut off ma balls if ya think it'll be good fer me, do ya really think it'll help there mister big brained white man?

And as fer my outhouse, i've been a meanin' to tear it down since i don't use it much anymore, now i just poop in ma hand and throw it real far like those monkeys do on the tee-vee box.

JHC, yeah, i'll say it, you're representative the kind of ignorant blind hypocrites that got us to where we are now. Do me a favor and never breed.

And btw i bet the backwoods white trash hillbillies you think should be forcibly sterilized most likely do a lot better job at raising kids than you pretentious turds that have your heads shoved so deeply up your own backside that you can see your tonsils.

Oh, so how about the average suburban kids? Since ma and pa both gotta work 90 hours a week to afford to buy stuff that never existed till a year ago but they can't live without, should they all too be sterilized since most of their kids turn into drug dealing gangstas and violent animals due to the lack of parenting they receive?

Do you know the best time and place to buy drugs is after a suburban middle school or high school gets out?

I say right now as it stands, if we start mass forced sterilization, the only line we should draw is age. Sterilize EVERYONE above the age of 12 regardless of race, tooth count, defection methods, or vehicle type choice. Low income, billionaires, everyone gets sterilized. EVERYONE!

That way NOBODY can have ANY kids for a while until the next generation starts breeding again. By that time maybe we'll have taken a bit better care of the children already here instead of breeding like rabbits in an overfull cage. and making more kids when we collectively as a whole don't take care of the kids that are already here. Instead schools and media battle for the control of their minds and the parents bury their heads deeper as it happens.

[edit on 8/11/2009 by DezertSkies]

[edit on 8/11/2009 by DezertSkies]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
OH FOR CHRISTS SAKE LIKE CHUCK NORRIS IS A VALID AND LEGITIMATE NEWS SOURCE....GIVE ME A FRICKIN BREAK.

dude..its Chuck Norris...you cant deny his words...else he will kick you!

However, if Sly Stallone was to counter what he says...I wouldnt know what to believe. Might have to ask Arnold (although I dont think he knows which way is up anymore)

I think we need to find Mr. Miyagi for the final word.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This program is voluntary .... Just as the paying taxes is voluntary

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If this section of the HR turns out to be truly voluntary, then I have no problem with it. Yes, there are parents that need resources to assist with their parental education. IF, however, this is not voluntary, or other programs are hinged upon it, or if there is not a way of turning down the "help" once accepted, then it is a sham.

You know what occurs to me -- a person who has actually read the entire bill? People complain about the length of it -- 1000 double-spaced pages. I read it and think that much of it is interpretive -- not nailed down where the funds come from, who will enforce the legislation and how, how it will be phased in, how it interrelates with the existing medical community and insurance mandates.

I read this bill and think......... "maaaan, it's gonna take 100,000 pages to put a shine on this bill, to make it really work." ....... and our members of Congress are balking at reading 1000 pages?

Read the dang bill! I'm all in favor of health care reform. I'm not in favor of government controlling all facets of it, and I'm really not in favor of the American taxpayer paying for the health care of persons illegally in the United States.

"Argentus, WTH should be done with illegals who get injured? You're a cold-hearted [expletive]." yes, that was actually said to me -- substituting Argentus with my name. They should be cared for and stabilized, medical aid rendered, and then deported to their own country.

I've had occasion to see crappy watercraft that would barely be called a boat -- sometimes with three generations of people in them -- hopeful, leaving Cuba to strike out for parts unknown, risking their very lives on the open ocean for a chance.......... a CHANCE at a better, less oppressed life. I feel for them. I've assisted them. Myself, I could never deny any human being basic life-sustaining things as water, food, perhaps a cheap compass, some fuel.

I feel for these people. There, but for the grace of insert diety goes I. However, a country, particularly one in absolute economic turmoil, cannot continue to expend its social services on those who choose to not become part of the taxation system that finances the country. I'm even in favor of programs that assist folks who have a familial connection with the U.S. to be able to become legal citizens. Hey, I had to do it to move here. We lived two years on our own resources before it was legal for either of us to work here.

I realize that m'Bride and I still had numerous advantages, and I don't pretend that our situation and that of the illegal occupant of the U.S. are in any way similar. Still, I believe this is a breaking point of the bill. The language is smushy enough that I can't absolutely state that it INTENDS to pay all health care of illegals. that'spart of the problem................. the bill is ......... interpretive.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Of course we need to prevent the federal government at all costs from checking up on how parents are raising their children. But keep in mind that Chuck Norris, while he makes some valid points, is a Christian fundamentalist who would probably replace the Constitution with the Ten Commandments if he were the person in charge of this country. The question is, how do WE AS A PEOPLE strike a balance between letting parents raise their children the way they want to and making sure that future generations don't grow up thinking that Earth was created in seven days?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

"But...this is America. Not China. We are allowed to have as many children as we want. If the gov't decides to change this, we might as well stop arguing and give-in to their agenda of a neo-communism country."

This type of mentality is what has gotten us into the mess that we are in in the first place.

No self-control.

These uneducated, lower class, mental midgets keep reproducing by the dozens. They can't afford one child much less ten. While guys like me in their late 20's with a college education making close to six figures still don't have any kids. Why? Because I don't feel the need to follow the traditional pattern of our culture of getting married and popping out kids. Not that anything is wrong with this. But if you have them, have money, and lots of it. So that you can afford to provide them with the healthcare that they need, so that the government doesnt have to.

Oh, and who ends up paying the most taxes which funds these health care programs? The guy who got the education and put his career first to rise to the top, or the guy who got married straight out of high school because he knocked up his high school sweetheart and now cant afford to make sure his kid can go to the doctor when it is sick? THE TRUTH HURTS.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by dimensionaljumper]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

So the indoctrination begins.This may start out as voluntary but soon after it may be manditory.You know if you look back in history this indoctrination has happend many times before.Take for example NAZI youth and many others.The thought of are children one day turning on there parents or maybe the parents being thrown behind bars.I hope i an wrong but it seems to me that the time is comeing soon

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

So the indoctrination begins.This may start out as voluntary but soon after it may be manditory.You know if you look back in history this indoctrination has happend many times before.Take for example NAZI youth and many others.The thought of are children one day turning on there parents or maybe the parents being thrown behind bars.I hope i an wrong but it seems to me that the time is comeing soon

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Sry to break this to you bud, but they already do all that. It's called CPS (Child Protective Service) in my state. They come into your home and literally tell you how to raise your children. If you have never had the pleasure of one of these visits, then you should consider yourself lucky. All it takes is a phone call from a 'concerned' neighbor, and your looking at a 3 month minimum investigation if they find even the littlest thing 'off'. 'Off' being entirely subjective to the investigator! Occasionally you will get a really nice person that really does care about the welfare of children as opposed to just making a buck, or being on some government sponsored power trip, but those are few and far between. As far as I am concerned, people need to mind their own damn business when it comes to other people's kids. As long as the children aren't being visibly abused, "Oh, Jimmy just fell down the stairs..." then 'concerned people' should just butt the hell out. Did I mention that they don't even have to have a legitimate excuse to start an investigation? You can have the best dressed, most mild-mannered, well-taken care of kids, and they will just make stuff up to open a case. After all, if there is no case, they don't get paid. As someone who has seen this level of intrusion into the private lives of citizens first-hand, this whole thing in the health bill just sounds like another brick in the wall.

Chrono

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesus H Christ

Wow man who are you to even imply this. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?? I take massive offense to what you just said, I live in a rural community and my dad happened to be a truck driver for 15 years, I have grown up around cows, horses etc... Even marched in the largest non-motorizes parades (Mule Days) Licenses for kids????? How about getting a license to express your opinions or to drink or smoke or how about getting licensed to go shopping..... are you out of your mind? What you said is very Hitler like along with way out of line, your views are exactly what eugenicist believe, your not fit enough to have kids, no license for you, what you gonna do police people having sex your out of your mind...... and you make me sick to even hear you refer to yourself as a "Red Blooded American" your nothing of the kind, America stands for freedom not bigger/more powerful government. Maybe you need to go back to the books and read about what the founding fathers stood for. And wonder why your thinking is all warped.

DK

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Chuck Norris.

LOL

What an ignorant turd.

ATS has hit rock bottom.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Actually...no, I am not saying that. Indoctrination isn't on the table here. This program is not designed with that in mind, and I can scarcely imagine such a program becoming a reality in this country anytime soon. Additionally, I would submit that the amount of negligent, ignorant, and underqualified parents in this country (and in the world, for that matter) amounts to more than just a few bad apples.

Alarmism only serves to lower the level of discourse. This is not hardly "dictatorship in the making." Not even close. This would be a voluntary service to people who desired help in raising their children - nothing more, nothing less. If you can send children to school at age six to spend 7 hours a day with a teacher who brings their own biases to the table, this program should hardly be a cause for concern.

If parents had not so thoroughly dropped the ball and become so derelict in their duties over the past few generations, such programs might not be so needed. At least corporal punishment has subsided overall. That is one good "modern" advance. Although let's face it - parents have always damaged their children since the dawn of human civilization. Those children then go on to ruin their own offspring's lives. No parent is perfect, but I would argue that bad parenting is a huge underlying cause for the sorry state of the planet today. I don't trust the government to raise children (which is not what would be happening here) but I don't necessarily trust parents to do it either.

"It takes a village." Ideally, that is how children would be raised, but we are not a communal society, unfortunately. If the government wants to step in and ease some of the burden of childcare where necessary, I have no problem with that. Who else will?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ
I agree with you all but as I said....."Something has to be done"!!!!!
I don't see this problem going away on its own.SOME People will not make good choices unless you make them. It is ok to be a mental midget as long as it doesn't effect the life and development of the most innocent amoung us.

It is why we collectivley are in the position we are in right now.
I will say it again.

Some people WILL NOT make good choices unless they are FORCED to.

Who's to say what a good choice is Jesus?

Society! As a whole we all colectively set the paramiters for what we will consider "the norm". "Good" "Bad" "Evil" etc.
I for one want to stop MOST of the people in this country from spreading their cancer over the entire globe.

Don't get me wrong, the kids are not the cancer I am referring to. It is their mentality and the example they set for their children that lives on and on and on and on and on..................THAT is the true cancer.

Ok I am done with my Hitleresqe rant.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Jesus H Christ]

So the answer to the worlds problems is to let the government make everyone's choices for them? You didn't really think that one through did you.

Look, people will make bad decisions. That's their right. Making mistakes goes along with a tiny little concept known to a very elite, very few citizens of this planet, and it's called "Free Will". And when I say "people" will make bad decisions, I mean ALL PEOPLE. Every person on this planet will, at one time or another, make a bad decision. Luckily, the majority of bad decisions made only affect the people making them. How'd you like some government schmuck making a bad decision about your health care? If you decide to not have a surgery, and that decision cost you your life, well, at least you made the decision. How many will die because some pencil pushing bureaucrat with an associates in marketing made the call that they didn't need some particular treatment or procedure? You're advocating taking free will from the people. You're telling us we're too stupid to make our own decisions. You're proposing the slavery of the American people, all of us.

Forced sterilization? It'd be easier to take every gun in the American populace. A baby-making license is a good concept... on paper. Just like Communism, it sounds really good until you put it into use.

Oh, and Chuck Norris can defeat a brick wall at tennis.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join