It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Bulldog fight 'to go on'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Police Bulldog fight 'to go on'

news.bbc.co.uk

Warwickshire Police have pledged to continue trying to stop an annual event organised by the Hells Angels, despite it passing off peacefully.

Organisers said more than 23,000 people attended the Bulldog Bash, which the force tried to stop - citing possible violence between rival biker gangs.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I wonder what the agenda is here? This event has been going on for 23 years, with one murder and no doubt some arrests.

It seems to me the police are trying to stop people coming together and not only that they want a look at the hells Angels bank account and books.

They have not got a court order or proof enough to get one so lets try and shut down the event.

You guys in the States think its bad there it looks like the UK is going the same way.

This is my first ever thread on ATS so if its in the wrong place please let me know and if the mods can move please do so thanks

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-8-2009 by jpmail]

[edit on 11-8-2009 by jpmail]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

Congrats on your first thread

I have mixed emotions on this topic. I feel that as it is gang related and may possibly promoting illegal activity (not saying it does), I would vote to stop. However, with 23,000 members involved, the chances of anyone stopping an event like this is minimal.

I think with numbers like this, it would be better if the police were to stand guard and enforce "gang separation" to prevent clashes and have a more controlled environment.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
heh. hell's angels?

bikers are nomadic. they can move the event.

this bunch will die hard when shtf.

good luck on getting a look at their books too. most 'club' oriented "business" is cash only.

these guys are outlaws and make no bones about it. think they bother paying income taxes? well here in the US the HA is serious stuff. not just a bunch of weekend warriors. a dying breed... but we will see about that with all these vets coming back, there will probably be a bolstering of the biker community.

so i take it this is a bike rally and not a dog fight?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Thanks

I never thought of the gang side of it. So I do agree if illegal activity is going on then it should be either stopped or carefully policed.

In the UK we did not have the same problem with the Hells Angels as the USA and the Dutch did so I think that changes how we think of them.

I have no doubt that there was drug taking/selling but is that enough for the event to be stopped?

If the police could show that it was orginised crime and causing harm then yes it should be stopped.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

No, I doubt drug activity would be enough to stop an event like this. That is why I feel the police should just reinforce the event to deter and prevent unwanted attention from other gangs.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with drugs whatsoever. The Deputy of the Warwickshire police force has a personal vandetta, to have the event banned.

Lets hope the council revokes the Polices attempts t have this event banned once again.

Oks while there was some arrests, what 11, is not as much as the polic predicted now is it.

The Police are just trying to play to fear.

I for one hope it continues, the event that is, not only does the even bring business to the local area, the event also raises, money for charity.

Thumbs up sign as far as I am concerned.,

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Just another step towards total control.

I have dozens of friends who attend the bulldog bash and have done so for many years. None of them have EVER been involved in gang disputes.

This is just yet another spanner in the works.

The POLICE DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR US.

Bollocks.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
My uncle is a Hells Angel and he has told me events like this are a cover up for major drugs or arms transactions. You get a massive amount of bikers together and it makes it easier to do big buisness.

The cops are right to want to shut it down, but they will need to get evidence to do it.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
These are the GOOD Bad Guys!!

Sure, they are trading guns, women, and drugs at these events, but when SHTF, these guys are the core of the resistance!! They have been "resisting" for 50 years or more! Fear these guys when you cross them somehow, but don't eliminate them from the landscape, we need them to keep balance!

My advice to police would be to pick their fights carefully. The gangs don't mind some regulation, and order being enforced, but if the cops become the common enemy of the gangs at an event like this, the cops will LOSE!

Here in the US we have Daytona Bike Week, and we have Sturgis, plus we have many other smaller get togethers. I have Florida Highway Patrol friends that worked Daytona last year. They were in awe over some of the "old school" gang leaders. They bragged about sitting down and talking to a guy that had seen things and done things that they could barely imagine, and that movies don't even cover!! Drugs/Guns/Women are a staple of these organizations, but they have an order, they have strength, and loyalty among their members. I hope they are not a dying breed.

My buddies were at Daytona to keep some order to the events and protect the tourists and sightseers, but they were certainly not there to battle these gangs heads up! They know when to walk away from a fight! They took special training to recognize tattoos, gang signs, stolen bikes, and other things, but they did not necessarily approach every law-breaker that they noticed. They picked a few here and there when they had the advantage!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You do not want these guys to be in charge of any resistance.

You can keep them on the side and use them as a necessary evil, but you do not want them in charge. They do not care about anyone except their own and they will turn on each other in a heart beat. What makes you think they won't kill you and take what you have when the SHTF?

Because that is exactly what they will do. I have hung around them for years and some of them still would rather piss on me then talk to me.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a lot of double standards by the police- I don't notice them trying to stop the Notting Hill Carnival *afro carribbean* in London which results in much higher arrests and criminal activity (though obviously with higher numbers involved in an urban location)- instead the police will encourage it and call it "wonderful" and an "example of diversity" etc

Pukes

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

OH, I agree with that! Not "in charge" of the resistance. More of the infantry than the command!!

Plus, prior to the resistance, they serve as the "necessary evil" that keeps checks and balances in the system. In my opinion, they are a little more dependable than your run of the mill drug cartels and criminals. Many of these guys are Veterans and patriots. They have a command structure in place. They have codes.

They can be an integral part of the pre-revolutionary build-up, and they provide a safe-haven for anti-establishment friendlies during the first wave of trouble.

Money, guns, organized resistance, experience, and a knack for violence is a pretty good skill set for SHTF world!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail
You guys in the States think its bad there it looks like the UK is going the same way.

Other way around, you're the ones without the guns.

This seems fairly typical for the UK, the desire to regulate their way to a 100% safe society via total control continues as planned.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

They don't care about you or care about helping you. That is my point. They would most likely beat you down or kill you and take your stuff rather then help you.

Go into a bar with a few Angels in it. Pick a fight with 4 non gang related guys and ask the Angels for help.

Let me know what happens.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
i hate bikers more with each passing day.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER

odd, why do you hate them more than you did 10 days ago?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER

Dont you mean Outlaw biker gangs?

Kind of ignorant to hate all bikers.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

They don't care about you or care about helping you. That is my point. They would most likely beat you down or kill you and take your stuff rather then help you.

Go into a bar with a few Angels in it. Pick a fight with 4 non gang related guys and ask the Angels for help.

Let me know what happens.

Not disagreeing with your assessment of these guys, I just see a lot of tactical usefullness from them.

In SHTF scenario, or Revolutionary scenario, they have something to gain by assisting us. I agree, they won't help just out of kindness, but a common enemy goes a long way. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend!"

In your bar scenario, I could get their help if I picked the right person to start my fight with. Or, I could entice them with some morsel of information just before the fight, that way they are motivated to protect me until they get the rest of the information. They may kill me once I cease to be useful, but that goes two ways. We are looking for a mutually beneficial scenario here!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

Great thread, Jp.

I had no idea that the Angels were IN the UK. Saw an awesome show about their expansion into Canada. That was some ruthless stuff there.

I would agree that it might be a bit much for the cops to chew. They tried it all over, but yet, they are still around.

I don't know that I would want to be anywhere near them when SHTF....course, hiding and eating the scraps could be lucrative.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join