It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want you to get MAD!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

The 's'

I always have to change it from the 's' to the 'z' because i hate the little red line that appears under the word in question.

Alex Jones...hmmm.

I dislike Alex Jones. I dont really know why, he just seems to always SHOUT!
He annoys me.
But yes, i agree that his approach is needed.

He certainly gets me mad

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I am glad to see that there is some Noel love going around. I am a huge fan!

Now, as for the comment about hurting feelings, I have to say that even when I do stupid things online, like comment about something that could be hurtful, I do feel some remorse. As I should. Even though you will never meet 99.99999% (maybe even 100) of the people on line, you should still treat them with dignity and respect, right? (well, unless the really deserve otherwise)

OK, that is off topic. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
I am glad to see that there is some Noel love going around. I am a huge fan!

Now, as for the comment about hurting feelings, I have to say that even when I do stupid things online, like comment about something that could be hurtful, I do feel some remorse. As I should. Even though you will never meet 99.99999% (maybe even 100) of the people on line, you should still treat them with dignity and respect, right? (well, unless the really deserve otherwise)

OK, that is off topic. Sorry.

We do love us some Noel Gallagher. I wish he were England's PM. He is so freakin' smart and practical!

Ahem. No, my point wasn't to get him to actually do it. (I would cry!) It was to point out that he couldn't. We need to make friends of our enemies, of strangers, etc. It is more difficult to do harm or hurt those you disagree with if you know them.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
And to think I've spent the last 2 years confronting myself about excessive anger that has plagued me for over 30 years. I read a self-help book entitled Angry All The Time. It suggested that anger is a habit.

I changed my habits, observed myself in angry situations and slowly "cured" myself of the anger habit.

NOW THIS!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
To Liveforever8:

S&F!

I love the network clip and have seen it years ago. You are correct and onto something and the problem with our eroding society is that apathy is what usually controls most. As in the clip most care about the trivial material things and choose to do so purposely so they don't have to have an opinion or get involved. With so many views and so much information it is hard to take a side for many so they choose to not care or to focus on everything around them and in their comfort zone. We need to get mad.

We need to realize what has happened to us and if we can all do so, we can all stand united for a cause, for a change. But alas, people's plasma tv's and steel belted radials are more important. It's a scary thought for many with life investments into houses and jobs and careers to admit that our system of life is corrupt as it threatens their life and everything they have built from ground zero. They have become dependent on society and live off of it.

I long for a day where we can all stand united, upset and angry against our government and society as the emotions of injustice will bind and unify us to "ACTUALLY" do something to change it and take our freedom back. But it is easier to live off of the government and only worry about making the mortgage. And we all know everyone loves doing what is easy over what is hard...

[edit on 11-8-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by A Fortiori

Hey friend!

Thanks for the post.

I agree with you in that getting mad will not solve our problems. After all, an eye for an eye only makes the world blind.

But this isn't about a solution to a problem.
This is about recognizing there is a problem.

Getting mad, as you said, is a great motivator, and that's what i think we need. Too many people are apathetic to the world around them. Millions are starving? So what?

This isn't good enough anymore.

I just think were leaving it too late to make a change.

Peace.

Noel Forever!

I entirely and 100% completely agree with you. I had to say it but I think you really understand more so of what is happening and how it is happening. There are multiple factors to societies corruption but we cannot change it if we are in denial about it and don't notice it. First we have to accept what is happening and then even if united by anger, we can start the change.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Yes but anger against our government can be a uniting tool and tactic. And if it is a controlled anger we can strategically claim back what was raped from us, our freedoms.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Just spotted this on google vid
Network : Full film.

Google Video Link

[edit on 11-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

Ah, brilliant.

If anyone hasn't seen this yet i urge you to watch it.

Nice find

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What is the name of this film?

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
What is the name of this film?

Thanks!

Its called 'Network'

IMDb

Great film

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I read the synopsis on Wikipedia because I do not have the time to watch it. It makes you think about things a lot.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You had earned my respect in the past only to further grow it with some of your posts.

My S&F is yours!

By the way i have quit watching TV long ago...... about 5 years now.
When i do its mostly documentaries of nature, knowledge, and science.

Getting mad requires for some to get awakened from their oblivious bliss...

Its about time.

I am seing a few mad ones all around.

Problem is? Do we stand a chance??????

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Thank you George, its much appreciated.

As for you quitting television, well, you are a stronger man than I. Im not as bad as some when it comes to my television consumption, but i should watch less.
Your right, there are many brilliant pieces of informative and educational pieces of television that i enjoy too. Its just a shame we have to wade through hours and hours of mind numbing propaganda to get to it.

I still think its not too late, there is hope.

I think we need to use television (or the media in general) against the powers that be. Get some 'celebrities' and influential figures that feel the same way as us, who the general public will listen to, and put them on television, warning about its dangers.

Somewhat contradictory i know but thats the only way people will listen.

Its a vicious circle.

Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK

By the way i have quit watching TV long ago...... about 5 years now.
When i do its mostly documentaries of nature, knowledge, and science.

Same here.. i dont even own a digital TV.lol

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I see a very slow but promising trend. ATS and sites like are becoming more mainstream all the time - in the sense that more average folk are tuning in to the message and the medium.

Its a very slow process mind you, but an encouraging one. I see more and more references all the time - like last night on the News Hour on PBS - where reference was made in a "matter of fact" way to doubts raised by conspiracy theorists that had to be addressed.

I think there is still hope.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join