It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Podcast Dare.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Stars to the stars.. well closer the than anyone else at least. This would be a great promo stunt and might actually get the general public interested in something other than if you've had botox or lipo done or not.

With all the rich UFO buff celebrities lurking these boards surely one of them would be up for doing this kind of podcast and going up in Sir Richard Branson's space shuttle..?

You can wear a head cam and even do a podcast series on getting in shape for the event! This would be so cool.

Any takers then?

www.virgingalactic.com...

Sorry mods I know this is just about possible podcasts but couldn't think of a better forum for it.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by riley]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Seems I'm the only one who sees potential in this idea? Perhaps it would be better suited as an ATS TV episode instead?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
they like 10grand, plus i dont think that many people here are that brave.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Great idea!!

Not sure about 'stars' (celebs) wanting to do this tho
it could be too much of a risk and they have all these weird insurances.

But one never knows, there can a handfull of daredevils among them

Good luck with the idea! (Do you have copyright of this idea?
better hurry, some ppl read everything and make it their own)

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna Tengwesta
Great idea!!

Not sure about 'stars' (celebs) wanting to do this tho
it could be too much of a risk and they have all these weird insurances.

But one never knows, there can a handfull of daredevils among them

Good luck with the idea! (Do you have copyright of this idea?
better hurry, some ppl read everything and make it their own)

Thankyou. They already did.. as soon as I started looking into it to see if Robbie would be interested I found this:

au.askmen.com...
December 19 2005

Robbie Williams wants to fly into space.

The 31-year-old British singer is desperate for Virgin boss Sir Richard Branson to invite him on his Galactic SpaceShip when it goes into orbit in 2010.

A ticket for the interstellar trip costs a staggering US$203,000 per person.

However, Robbie might not have to go into space to meet aliens - he already thinks they're on their way to Earth.

He recently said: "I've been dreaming every night about UFO's. I can't wait to go to sleep at night because those dreams have been so brilliant.

"I think they are definitely on their way, seriously. Mark my words. From now until 2012 - watch out kids."

Well podcasting about it and bringing us along for the adventure is mine.. admittedly I was slightly manic at the time or maybe a bit typsy. UFO spotting is fun but this'd be so awesome.

Robbie is apparently up for it but there might be a couple of others that are up for it too so they can draw straws.. I had him in mind because he has personality and so would make it worth watching and he's personable (aka not annoyingly stuck up or elitist) and lets face it he'd look good in uniform (lay of the beer luv). Finding that article was just serendipidity so it must be meant to be.. a good omen!

I tried friending and suggesting it (telecast) to richard branson but he hasn't been on his myspace for years so started losing enthusiasm so posted it here and hoped it would get a thousand flags and get out of control so they'd have no choice but to see it would be a good idea.

..alas it only got replies now.

Tom Cruise could go I guess but that might be a little too top gunish and the Mrs might not let him. Ice T? who else was at that online party..? they all seem like lurkers but there might be a few other daredevils.

So Robbie is top contender then..?

[edit on 24-8-2009 by riley]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
they like 10grand, plus i dont think that many people here are that brave.

They can afford it.. and it's good publicity! The kind that doesn't involve getting caught paying transexuals for sex or drink driving hit n runs.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by riley]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Oh
THAT Robbee!

Wouldn´t bet on it that he has the time right now to do such a thing

This Planet is full of celebs who are crazy enough to pull a stunt like that.
Keep on hoping

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna Tengwesta
reply to post by riley

Oh
THAT Robbee!

Wouldn´t bet on it that he has the time right now to do such a thing

..he's probably chickened out by now. Maybe he just wasn't serious.

This Planet is full of celebs who are crazy enough to pull a stunt like that.
Keep on hoping

..but they have to be on ATS. At least that way us poor aussies might actually get to see it instead of seeing it two years later at 3am.

That and it'd be perfect for the ATS show (if it's still in the works.. not sure).

..and Robbie or not it still (imo) has to be someone interesting with a bit of spark but down to earth (er- bad pun). NOT Paris Hilton for example.. that would be really annoying (and she might want to paint it pink).

there doesn't seem to be an age limit. Someone from Startrek, stargate or x-files maybe?

[edit on 24-8-2009 by riley]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Branson is seriously representative of a rare breed of men these days.

What he is doing, with his own money which possibly can not even begin to pay for itself rapidly is indicative of what lacks in the entrepreneurial world today.

Vision

Like the colonization of the New World in times past, our move off world will not come sponsored by Nation states, but rather by Men and Women willing and daring enough to plunge off world in search of a brighter future

The day will most assuredly come when I fly on board one of these craft.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Well that would be an interesting podcast to say the least.
I would love to get a birds eye view of the earth.
I don't think the pictures and video we get back from space could even come close to being able to see it first hand.

Although I'm sure I would want video and pictures as well if I was to go on that excursion.

Interesting idea riley.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin
reply to post by riley

Well that would be an interesting podcast to say the least.
I would love to get a birds eye view of the earth.
I don't think the pictures and video we get back from space could even come close to being able to see it first hand.

Although I'm sure I would want video and pictures as well if I was to go on that excursion.

Interesting idea riley.

Thankyou. I imagine you'd be able to see the earth, moon, planets and a universe chockers with stars but there is no way cameras can capture it. It has to be seen with the human eye. Usually space shots you only see black in the background but I think the real picture would be absolutely amazing.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by riley]

new topics

top topics

join