It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is 'faith'?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
reply to post by pasttheclouds

Interesting you say that, not many people would attribute having faith and having it 'debuild' your beliefs. I think only those who are actually in search of finding a way to 'debuild' their beliefs will actually approach faith in such a way to allow this to happen. In other words, one must go to the extreme level of ignorance in order to understand and realize the faults?

From this, and the evidence provided by this thread, I think what was merely suggested is a choice (a desire) not to believe, yet one probably wouldn't want to see that choice as being called being delusional even if it appropriately describes the process.

One probably wouldn't even want to be called mentally lazy when one has to take much effort in order to be delusional. Maybe some don't see it as a choice, and maybe they see it as the only way forward. How they move forward and express themselves from there depends on their virtue or lack thereof:

"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking. It's nothing to brag about. And those who preach faith and enable and elevate it are intellectual slave holders, keeping mankind in a bondage to fantasy and nonsense that has spawned and justified so much lunacy and destruction."

-Bill Maher

“Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.”

-Kahlil Gibran

Both have merit, yet neither one actually requires the other.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

To me faith is the belief that there is a higher power and it will all work out in the end.The truth is that as Alan Moore once wrote:"Nothing ever ends."

<< 3  4  5   >>

join