It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I am staying here!

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I have no intention of ever leaving ATS unlike others who have posted what I like to call "hissy fit" threads.Yes this place as some issues but this is a alternative news site so people not agreeing with others is a given so those of you that are about leave debate is not a crime against humanity last I checked.Besides, if we leave then they win.I am of the opinion that there is some kind of program to under mind various conspiracy sites and it's a government operation remember guys people who post here and at other sites are considered to be "domestic terrorists." or anti-government.TPTB want these sites to go under or even better start parroting the party line like every other media outlet.

[edit on 023131p://0626 by mike dangerously]




posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously
 


Star and Flag, I think ppl need to be able to handle childish outbursts
or they will have great trouble caring for children.

If someone really verbally abuses you just report them to staff
here on ATS, and they will get lined out.

If they keep it up and ignore the warnings, the staff will ban them
like they have other ppl.

It is true that these abusers often come back with new handles
and new IP addresses because they are aware of ways to change
their IP address, but it is what we have for now.

Ppl need to get a little thicker skin and realize the 1st amendment
was first for a reason.

You may not like what someone says, but to be honest it is best to
know who is friggin loopy, and who is well spoken, by not trying to
stifle speech good or bad.

Verbal abuse directed at an individual is the exception I agree with,
or any kinda of racism, hate speech, etc etc all mentioned in ATS
guidelines.



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
2nd wave of swine flu is mutating to be deadly and about to hit. This winter in the US most will get vaccinated, most of ATS will not. So either way members will either leave or die.. sad times.



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech
 
A good point EX,I felt someone had to post something like this.I have seen far too many of these hissy fit threads that I felt compelled to say something about it.



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by contemplator
 
If you wanna buy into the scare tactics that are currently being used to manipulate the public that's your business.I think this swine flu is a scam.



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
reply to post by contemplator
 
If you wanna buy into the scare tactics that are currently being used to manipulate the public that's your business.I think this swine flu is a scam.


We'll see how you feel when the bodies start dropping.



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by contemplator
 
Sorry,I heard that last time the swine flu hit and we were all supposed to die.



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
2nd wave of swine flu is mutating to be deadly and about to hit. This winter in the US most will get vaccinated, most of ATS will not....will die.. sad times.


"... will die": Just curious, the members vaccinated or the ones not vaccinated??


[edit on 11-8-2009 by DeepSea]



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I'll be the first to agree that I'm not playing with a full deck but did I just notice a huge change in the subject of this thread?

What a way to derail a thread. Newbies take notice... you just witnessed a thread change done in a way that made me shake my head twice.

Now, back on the subject of ATS.

I agree with you Mike. Your point was well made too.

I'm here to stay and will watch the trouble makers fall by the wayside.

I am refreshed to be part of the discussions here. In real life I was cursed and even received death threats in my own business. Thankfully I have never been cursed or threatened here. To me, that is a plus.



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerouslyI am of the opinion that there is some kind of program to under mind various conspiracy sites and it's a government operation remember guys people who post here and at other sites are considered to be "domestic terrorists." or anti-government.TPTB want these sites to go under or even better start parroting the party line like every other media outlet.


Out of curiousity, what leads you to that conclusion? I haven't seen any postings from any govt agency or any media reporting that suggests conspiracy/fringe sites are to be shut down or considered domestic terrorists.

I mean, I enjoy ATS for the debates, the diversity of characters and opinions people present - even though I often don't agree with many of them. I still like to read the diversity of thoughts.

But so far as I know, ATS isn't a "smoking gun" website, nor is it Wikileaks - I haven't seen any incriminating evidence or whistle-blower material on here (again, so far as I know).

So I don't see why it would be all that important to TPTB - no offense to ATS of course!


If anything, I figure TPTB would prefer us people to congregate here in a place where we all sit behind the anonymity of our computer screens, willing to talk big to each, arguing and debating over our fringe-dwelling theories than in the streets or public libraries.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by noonebutme]



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I'll be the first to agree that I'm not playing with a full deck but did I just notice a huge change in the subject of this thread?

What a way to derail a thread. Newbies take notice... you just witnessed a thread change done in a way that made me shake my head twice.

Now, back on the subject of ATS.

I agree with you Mike. Your point was well made too.

I'm here to stay and will watch the trouble makers fall by the wayside.

I am refreshed to be part of the discussions here. In real life I was cursed and even received death threats in my own business. Thankfully I have never been cursed or threatened here. To me, that is a plus.
I am sorry I allowed the discussion on my own thread to be derailed dizziedame,but these "we all are gonna die." types just kind of irk me.I put up with it at older forums when the y2k hysteria was in full swing.Now,getting back on topic I'm happy to see I am not alone in my determination to stay here despite all the trolls and partisan clowns that tend to hang around.



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme
 
I have no real proof noonebutme,but there have been some topics that have popped up since the election and now that just make me raise an eyebrow or maybe I'm just noticing the partisan threads in the above politics more than before .



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously
 


That's fine - I was genuinely asking out of curiousity.

I could understand if some real life whistleblower suddenly posted some genuine PDF docs from military/govt sources describing in details the ET phenomena, anti-grav via reverse-engineering from ET vehicles, etc.

*Then* I could understand if there was an active agenda to monitor and/or shutdown ATS.

I still dream of the day that ATS or Wikileaks has 'The Document' that exposes the US govts alien agenda.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join