It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi was not lying about the swastika remark

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

She said she saw swastikas at the town hall meetings.

I didn't say they were the same ones that she saw.

But the media, and people on here, were stating she was a liar, that there were no people bringing swastikas to these town hall meetings.

That's the point of the thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

That's a flawed argument, Syphon.

Besides, she never said that that the people were Nazi's.

ONCE AGAIN, the people who are carrying these signs with swastikas on them are saying Obama's administration is fascist.

Which is dumb.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
. . . Limbaugh and everyone else is right for comparing the Liberal agenda with the rise of Nazism.

Cool how that works, huh

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
reply to post by SyphonX

That's a flawed argument, Syphon.

Besides, she never said that that the people were Nazi's.

ONCE AGAIN, the people who are carrying these signs with swastikas on them are saying Obama's administration is fascist.

Which is dumb.

Well, I don't know what to tell you. If it bothers you, don't ever watch the news again, because every administration deals with stuff like this.

The people got sledgehammered by Bush, they got sick of it, lot's of people woke up. Now with a new administration, the people have decided to not give them any chances, no ground to stand on.

Better get used to it. The facts add up, Obama is no different from Bush.

I'll say again. If seeing signs every now and then of a swastika with a line drawn through it bothers you so much. That it makes you feel like less of an American or has you feeling sorry for the Obama administration making you want to "defend them", you may want to evaluate your priorities.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

If these are the people that you're supporting, that somehow they're patriots in the battle against health care, then I'm going to tell you to look beyond it, Syphon.

And your comment on Bush and Obama only solidifies my own thread that I made about the presidents.

It doesn't matter on here who's president, does it?

Republican, Democrat, Independent, whatever.

All presidents will be evil, right?

All politicians are evil, correct?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

I don't "support" anybody that you mention. I'm just failing to see what you're getting at here.

No, not all politicians are "evil".. lol

I question all politicians and all presidents and administrations because they must be questioned and criticized. This isn't a dictatorship or a monarchy, we elect all these people. If we're shunned or chastised for criticizing politicians, then we fail as a nation.

You assume I take sides, but I do not.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

For those of you on here who called her crazy and lying ..

She IS a crazy liar. And she is a moron as well.
Those swastikas had red lines through them ... as in NO swastikas.
Swastikas and 'no swastikas' are not the same thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I cant believe I defended Pelosi on these boards before... When Bush was in office. I guess it was because my dislike for Bush was so great. Bush needed a war and got one, Now Obama needs one...only thing is it wont be foriegn.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

So, you're a non-partisan, but in your eyes, and I think I can say this, no president will ever be good enough for you, will they?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You didn't read any of my posts! And you certainly didn't listen to Pelosi.

The woman that had the sign meant that Obama's administration is fascist.

The only reason why the swastika is crossed out is that she means she wants Obama's administration removed.

She's calling Obama a fascist and a Nazi.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

It's called freedom of speech, and we're all allowed to express our opinions and ideas in this country. People drawing parallels between the Obama administration and the 3rd reich is probably the least of our worries right now, but whatever floats your boat buddy.

Me, i'm a little more concerned about the crumbling global economy, corporations having our government in their pocket, pollution on a global scale, and the 40 or so wars which are currently going on across the planet, a handful of which our loving government has a hand in.
It's almost enough to make me draw swastikas on a sign and head off to the next local town hall meeting.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
No has said that we're taking away their right to say this.

Even Obama said that while it's saddening to hear, he won't stop anyone from saying it.

THOUGH, I find it ironic that when these people say such stuff, many of you are alright with it.

Though, when politicians say that the people who carry such things are idiots, then it's bad?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Frankly, I don't think that it's in a politicians job description to assess the character or intelligence of civilians that they are elected to represent.
If people in this administration want to convince the citizens of this country that their healthcare plan is a good one, they should be spending less time shouting "Nazis!!! Republican plant!!!" and more time attempting to explain what(if anything) these possible healthcare plans are going to do for US.

Unfortunately for Obama and friends, people don't seem to want a government controlled healthcare. People are afraid of socialized ANYTHING for the most part, and one need look no further than medicare to figure out why.
Another good example of what can go wrong with socialized medicine would be our neighbor to the north, Canada. Granted, a Canadian here and there will tell you that their healthcare is just fine and dandy.....but the vast majority of Canadians aren't very happy with it, and i personally know quite a few of them who regularly make the trip to the U.S. when they are in need of meds and/or treatment.

The point is, there are alot of ANGRY people here in the U.S. who feel that their voices are not being heard, and haven't been heard in quite some time. The healthcare issue seems to me to be just another straw that is breaking the camels back, and if we are OUTRAGED than it is our right as American citizens to make our voices heard.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81

Frankly, I don't think that it's in a politicians job description to assess the character or intelligence of civilians that they are elected to represent.
If people in this administration want to convince the citizens of this country that their healthcare plan is a good one, they should be spending less time shouting "Nazis!!! Republican plant!!!" and more time attempting to explain what(if anything) these possible healthcare plans are going to do for US.

Unfortunately for Obama and friends, people don't seem to want a government controlled healthcare. People are afraid of socialized ANYTHING for the most part, and one need look no further than medicare to figure out why.
Another good example of what can go wrong with socialized medicine would be our neighbor to the north, Canada. Granted, a Canadian here and there will tell you that their healthcare is just fine and dandy.....but the vast majority of Canadians aren't very happy with it, and i personally know quite a few of them who regularly make the trip to the U.S. when they are in need of meds and/or treatment.

The point is, there are alot of ANGRY people here in the U.S. who feel that their voices are not being heard, and haven't been heard in quite some time. The healthcare issue seems to me to be just another straw that is breaking the camels back, and if we are OUTRAGED than it is our right as American citizens to make our voices heard.

Simply not true. Most Canadians are completely satisfied with their health care system. In fact, if the Government ever thought of getting out of the health care business and handing it over to the private insurers the citizens would be rioting in the streets.

You are 100% misinformed.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by macaronicaesar

Based on what exactly? Your opinion?

I used the Canadian healthcare system as an example because of the discussions that I have had about this very issue with friends and relatives across the border. I'm not an expert, never claimed to be.
From the reading that I HAVE done though, it seems that there are both positive AND negative aspects to the Canadian system. For example, depending on which province and city/town you live in, you may end up waiting for quite awhile before you see a doctor. This is not a matter of opinion, it's just plain old common sense--An area with MORE people will mean sitting LONGER in the waiting room.
Anyways, obviously no plan is going to work perfectly...there are problems with the health care system in all 1st-world nations.

IMHO, the biggest problem with a socialized healthcare system in the US is going to end up being the rather large population living within the nation. Will everybody who needs treatment be able to get it reasonably quickly and efficiently? Will a socialized healthcare system push us ever-deeper into debt, and faster than we're already sinking?

Aside from the healthcare debate, my REAL point was that many people in this country are disenchanted and angry with the government, and for PLENTY of good reasons. We have every right to get out there and make ourselves heard, because they seem to refuse to listen to us until we shove it in their faces.

More of us should non-violently shove it in their faces.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

reply to post by SyphonX

So, you're a non-partisan, but in your eyes, and I think I can say this, no president will ever be good enough for you, will they?

No, there will never be a president that is "good enough for me", because I will never stop exercising my rights as a citizen to criticize every move they make. If they can't handle it, they shouldn't be in office, there are plenty of other positions they can hold where they don't go on national TV and demonize a demographic.

I don't care what some people say, or do, when they complain about politicians. A president, or any official does not have any purpose doing this, they stop being a representative and start being something else.

Nice "Shadow Government" avatar by the way, real cute, considering your stance. Are you just playing devil's advocate? Or are you one of those types who think, "Bushy is gone, so it's okay now."? Well, it isn't okay now, and will not be in our lifetimes.

Better get used to it.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

That's a bad view on life, Syphon...

I'm not saying, "Hey, accept every word a politician makes" but what you're doing is just not allowing any politician any chance at all.

It doesn't matter if they do good, or bad, you'll question them for everything...

And the reason why I have the "Shadow Government" avatar is very simple...

I do believe in a shadow government.

Or, in my case, shadow governments...

Secret groups within the government who work on their own, many of which previous presidents have been unaware of.

UFOs, military projects, etc.

But back to the topic:

You need to change your outlook...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

No, I don't need to change my outlook, I'm perfectly fine thanks.. lol

You assume I berate all politicians and assume they're all evil. Not the case.

Doesn't matter if I "give them a chance", as they will do whatever they do regardless of any random person's outlook or criticism.

This country was founded on these principles, that each and every citizen should question their government or politicians if they so choose. It is not the government's place to "have immunity" and to arrogantly assume that everybody should "trust them".

It doesn't matter, I don't care about the personality or traits of a president, I only care for what they do, what they write into law or when they bring our country to war. I criticize these things and rightly so.

I could give a crap about anything else; to include how often they smile, what they do for fun, how funny they are, their color of skin, etc. Shallow and useless information.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
But you're not questioning them.

You're putting them down for everything they do.

That's different then from what you're trying to do.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Nah, I don't put them down. I only give an official one or two chances before I start becoming really critical. I've already seen this administration lie several times, and do some fairly backhanded things.

That's all in my opinion of course, I'm not claiming it as a universal fact for other people. Just my own..

This is about all I'm going to say on this, for this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join