It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town hall of people boo turning off the TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I think this sums it up. I don't care where you sit, Republican, Democrat, Independent, Libertarian, when you see people being asked to turn off the Boob Toob, and they jeer! You know you are in trouble.

BTW, the program he was saying to turn off... Glenn Beck.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

when you see people being asked to turn off the Boob Toob, and they jeer! You know you are in trouble.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

When somebody says to me "Hey, don't listen to that guy. Just turn him off and listen to me." Well buddy, I just found another person who can't be trusted.

If this guy had anything concrete to offer then he wouldn't care what the people watched.

He would just give them the truth and let them decide.

Another case of arrogance masquerading as intelligence.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I sit on the crapper...the same place this country's government, and therefore the economy has gone.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This is unreal! But it is good to see people stand up and make them selves heard.
That is one of the best things that has come of all of this, Standing up for what you want . This way maybe the government will get in to there heads that we are tired of being pushed into things without being told what it is or what will become of the laws they make.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Wow...

see to me it makes so much sense.

I see republicans like Newt Gingrich and Sarah Palin spreading obvious lies and then Fox fomenting hatred.

To me the tail is totally attempting to wag the dog the same way they tried to spread lies during the last election. Truly politics as usual for the republicans.

I guess we just live in two different worlds.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I see republicans .............obvious lies ...........fomenting hatred.

tail ...attempting to wag the dog .......... they tried to spread lies during the last election. ....the republicans.

Well, the fomenting hatred part is obviously something you are aquainted with.

What kind of world do you live in? Mine actually has other people in it and I am not the center of the universe. I learned that when I was three as most usually do.

People standing up for themselves is pretty scary to you isn't it? All of those eeeevvillllll taxpayers who don't want to finance your ideal worldview with their ill gotten tax dollars.

Must be hard when you finally realize that yours is not the only opinion that counts.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
the sleeping giant is awakening and I would not want to be on the other side when it happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

I see republicans .............obvious lies ...........fomenting hatred.

tail ...attempting to wag the dog .......... they tried to spread lies during the last election. ....the republicans.

Well, the fomenting hatred part is obviously something you are aquainted with.

What kind of world do you live in? Mine actually has other people in it and I am not the center of the universe. I learned that when I was three as most usually do.

People standing up for themselves is pretty scary to you isn't it? All of those eeeevvillllll taxpayers who don't want to finance your ideal worldview with their ill gotten tax dollars.

Must be hard when you finally realize that yours is not the only opinion that counts.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by badgerprints]

So when I call out lies that are being spread which foment hatred, then I myself am guilty of fomenting hatred?

WOW.. I didn't realize I was on the Stephen Colbert show!

That's great.

Believe me, I think I'm one of 3 on ATS with the same world view. So don't act like that's news to me. But as Emerson said "Whosoever shall be a man, must be a non-conformist" and I just don't conform to your world view, which appears to be the dominant one on ATS.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I'm looking in from Canada, but that's the way it appears. Seems the attempt was being made to get the info out and have a discussion about it, and then all these republicans start freaking out and opposing for the sake of opposing, without any information, yes, like a mob mentality. And the talking heads are playing on the sentiment, which has no foundation in reason, no desire for any discussion or debate.

The problem? They know the Dems can just sail it through since they have the power and the votes to do so.

It's partially Obama's fault for a lack of public participation through the process of forumulating the policy.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I turn off Glen Beck. Just don't like the guy. Most everyone else I do listen to: Rush, Colbert, Hannity, Ferguson (local/national guy in Memphis who just turned old enough to run but like everyone else to smart to want the job). I'm a conservative with left/right & libertarian leanings and old enough to impart a little wisdom to you young whipper snappers.
How do you tell if a politician is lying. HIS LIPS ARE MOVING!!
I know - not ALL politicians but the trend has increased over the last 200 years so it has become a generalization.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Your forgetting....there are three people you cannot speak bad about on ATS:

Ron Paul
Alex Jones
Glenn Beck...

for if you do you must be "asleep" or a "disinfo agent".

Funny how the followers of those three are labeled "cooks".

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I would agree with you about Newt Gingrich, that Fox News is spewing hatred but I can't agree with you about Palin. That's okay if we disagree about her.

Glen Beck would never be compared to Alex Jones or Ron Paul or even Lou Dobbs for that matter.

I agree when a politician tells you not to listen to something, the more people are going to start listening harder lol even if it's Glen Beck.

I love the Wag the tail thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Believe me, I think I'm one of 3 on ATS with the same world view. So don't act like that's news to me.

Why not? You acted as if it were news to you a few posts back. Suprise! suprise! You do live in a different world.

I really don't need to get into childish garbage like "I don't like this tv personality or that politician", or "he's a liar and she's a cheat."

Quite frankly you might as well go to a pile of manure and pick your favorites. They are all the same.

The problem here is that you believe so strongly in what you think that you advocate the idea of ignoring one side because it's not your side.

Oh yeah, just turn off that TV and forget that there is another group of people out there who don't agree with me.
Don't think for yourself or get your news,or commentary from other sources, just listen to us. We're smarter and better than you.

See? You wrote it yourself. As Emerson said "Whosoever shall be a man, must be a non-conformist." So they don't conform to your views. Does that make them wrong?

So, why not let people have their own opinions? Why not let them make their feelings known in a public forum that is designed to push an agenda they know is bad for them as taxpayers?

Why don't you quit judging others who don't agree with your worldview?

Like Emerson said"...be a man.."

It takes less maturity to call names and judge others than it does to face the fact that yours is just another opinion and no more important than any other opinion out there.

top topics

join