It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets put your knowledge to the test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Lets say someone whether it be tomorrow or 10,000 years from now invents a time machine. How can you travel into the future if the future hasen't happened yet? Einstein's theory of '' well if you travel at a certain speed you will slow down time in one part of a world or universe, while speeding it up in another part. A communications expert over at Oregon State put forth the question lets say the crew or individual in the craft in control of such advanced technology in consistent communication with home base or what have you, during the duration of the mission. The individual or individual's maybe traveling at an enormous amount of speed but still talking to the people who sent them there in real time. Nothing has happened, it's totally shocking because it discredits a very respectable and intelliegent person who for some odd reason people have taken his work as gospel. There it is discredited and proven to be a theory and only that. Than you have to stop and say what is worse knowing or not knowing, becasue either way you will destroy a field of study. What is worse knowing or not knowing? And I hate to use the example of the terrible movie THE FIRM but when confronted with the evidence which a person has been seeking it all boiles down to CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanLA123

I think Einstien was a very smart man, but all it is a theory, theoorys change all the time as are knowedge base increases so do the theorys....

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Well yes good one.
One cannot travel into something that has not happened yet, says the logical part of your brain. And it was indeed Einsteins idea that time would slow down, so you lag...go slower, making normality go faster in comparison to you.

Then how transmissions would work...have no clue.
Maybe if the radio wave enters the slowed down area of time, it gets slowed down as well?
Then when leaving again it speeds up again?

hmm interesting..

anyway, good question S+F

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

And I hate to use the example of the terrible movie THE FIRM but when confronted with the evidence which a person has been seeking it all boiles down to CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH?

I think you meant 'A Few Good Men'.

top topics

join