It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Blocks Opposition From Staged Obama Town Hall Event

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yes, skeptical of governments when they try to increase their power over the every day lives of their citizens. Most western countires including my own have already given up the freedoms people in the US are fighting for right now. If they follow the trend of other nations the next battle will be over the right to own guns. They are putting up more of a fight then we ever did, as you would expect from a nation that actually had to win it's freedoms. Once the NWO fully controls America it's game over.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I'm sorry Prof, I saw Bush script so many town hall meetings over the last 8 years I thought that was just how that was done at the presidential level.

You mean it isn't and all that was completely bogus and unbecoming of President Bush?

I mean, if it was wrong of Bush, then I would suspect it would be wrong of Obama.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by mikerussellus

I think it's hilarious that one rumor on prisonplanet and all the other posters above me buy it hook line and sinker...

wow... and I thought we were skeptics.

Pelosi didn't call those people un-american?

No she didn't. She said anytime we try to shout down the voice of another it is unamerican. She said nothing about those people, just their behavior.

I know every news outlet in the world is spinning it otherwise, but it's the truth. But don't be concerned, Pelosi calls everything she doesn't like unamerican. Google it... you'll find like 20 things she has sounded off on as being unamerican .

[edit on 10-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

No, "every news outlet" is not spinning it otherwise, and you sound like you watch Keith Olbermann, because almost everything you say is what he says verbatim. She didn't call them "unAmerican" you're right...but she also stacked the town halls or rather asked for town halls to be stacked with union members or SEIA members to keep out the opposition.

"These disruptions are occurring because opponents are afraid not just of differing views — but of the facts themselves. Drowning out opposing views is simply un-American. Drowning out the facts is how we failed at this task for decades." - Nancy Pelosi

I'm just curious, wouldn't, if this were true (and certainly in Obama's ABC healthcare special)...wouldn't that make Obama and Pelosi unAmerican? Just curious...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Here we go I made a short compellation of posts from our vary own HunkaHunka

You decided what his deal is first he utterly supports imo the policies of the government with out question, than he attacks some one for not spelling correctly when he can't win a debate sad. And as far as the

we are skeptics aren't we?
yes I am and I am a skeptic of your intent herewww.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow...

see to me it makes so much sense.

I see republicans like Newt Gingrich and Sarah Palin spreading obvious lies and then Fox fomenting hatred.

To me the tail is totally attempting to wag the dog the same way they tried to spread lies during the last election. Truly politics as usual for the republicans.

I guess we just live in two different worlds.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder what you said or did to cause this.

They are getting pretty bold. And things are starting to get very emotional among the people of our country.... Things are going to accelerate, I fear. Yes I said it!!! This crap is scary. When we don't have the freedom to voice our opinions any more people will start getting radical and the violence level is going to be raised. The chess pieces are being moved and it's almost time for a move to be made, but who is going to take it?

In my honest opinion, I think the white house is going to move in on the people first. These protests seem to be striking a nerve with the current administration.

I don't understand.. you were all supportive of the "angry mobs" at the town halls. And now you are not supportive of other people speaking their minds?

Where is the proof of someone showing up in the middle of the night? Hearsay doesn't count.

(Wow looks like you’re trying to redirect and deflect here classic propaganda move.)

You mean like the masses of tantrum throwers showing up at town halls buying what fox shovels down their throats?

That is the only rule that counts. Not everyone is a great keyboarder. That does not mean that what they say is not correct or important.

It's not their ability to spell that's in question. It's what the lack of attention to detail says about the rest of their thought processes.

You think folks who spell words incorrect on their resume get hired? There is a reason for that.

You maid fun of someone for not spelling correctly? Well I got this in word and you my friend have all sorts of red squiggly lines perhaps you should practice what you preach.

The president if he has nothing to hide should open these town halls up if he is so great and his policies are so awesome than what does he have to be scared of?

[edit on 11-8-2009 by SPC_D]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPC_D

The president if he has nothing to hide should open these town halls up if he is so great and his policies are so awesome than what does he have to be scared of?

Yes Mr. President Obama...what do you have to hide?
What question could possible be asked that could cast doubt on this proposed 1000+ page behemoth bill that strips the rights away from the people, and hands it to the government?

Or, President Obama...is it not the right time for you to show your true colors?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I think it's hilarious that one rumor on prisonplanet and all the other posters above me buy it hook line and sinker...

wow... and I thought we were skeptics.

Guys I finally gave up on HunkaHunka, he always accuses the right of horrible things and claims any media but MSNBC is not to be believed, there is no point in trying to reason with him. I am finally giving up trying to understand his drivel and putting him on ignore. It's better for your soul than to deal with trolls.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
More on staged town halls, and President Obama telling dissenters to just shut up!

President Obama demonstrated the control-the-venue approach at a June 11 town hall event in Green Bay, Wis. It was polite, stage-managed and completely supportive. Why? For starters, there was heavy screening. Everyone attending had to get a ticket from the White House.

“I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them just to get out of the way.”
In other words: “Unless you agree with me, shut up.” Mr. Obama’s message is sharply as odds with the Democrat National Committee’s ads that claim it’s the other side which is trying to silence people.
The White House and its allies claim opponents to their plans are simply well-organized extremists. But what about the Left's efforts to orchestrate? The union-backed HCAN (Health Care for America Now) is a huge coalition that sent a memo nationwide that explicitly details the Left’s strategy, including:
Bring more people than the other side has.
Arrive earlier than the other side does.
Be more visible than the other side. Approach reporters and be assertive.
When the other side gets too loud, shut them down with chants
HCAN discourages any debate about the facts; the memo states, “Do not debate on their policy points.”

url

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Here is the definition of a word you need to know - sycophant.

definition

syc⋅o⋅phant
  /ˈsɪkəfənt, -ˌfænt, ˈsaɪkə-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sik-uh-fuhnt, -fant, sahy-kuh-] Show IPA
Use sycophant in a Sentence
–noun
a self-seeking, servile flatterer; fawning parasite.
Origin:
1530–40; < L sȳcophanta < Gk sȳkophántēs informer, equiv. to sŷko(n) fig + phan- (s. of phaínein to show) + -tēs agentive suffix

Related forms:
syc⋅o⋅phan⋅tic, syc⋅o⋅phan⋅ti⋅cal, syc⋅o⋅phant⋅ish, adjective
syc⋅o⋅phan⋅ti⋅cal⋅ly, syc⋅o⋅phant⋅ish⋅ly, adverb
syc⋅o⋅phant⋅ism, noun

Synonyms:
toady, yes man, flunky, fawner, flatterer.

I would also add the word "shill" to the list of synonyms.

On the OP, I'm sure we can also assume that the MSM will make this look like it's a "real meeting" with their coverage.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Oh...yes they have a few folks, and little kids they are letting in to ask quesitons...

This article in the Walls Street Journal is very illuminating!

Leave Barack Alone! Democrats play the victim. ObamaCare must really be in trouble.

President Obama tried to convince lawmakers in his own party that America’s “crisis” in health-care financing would turn to catastrophe if Congress did not radically expand government power over health care by this month. He failed. Despite huge Democratic majorities, neither house of Congress passed any such legislation by the Obama deadline.

The president’s insistence on action without deliberation heightened the sense that ObamaCare was dangerous. He, and friendly media outlets, asked voters to trust his assurances that his plan would not adversely affect their medical coverage. But if that was true, why the haste? If ObamaCare is as good as Obama says it is, why is he acting as if it cannot withstand scrutiny?

online.wsj.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Been wachin the "town hall" meeting in NH. IMO, totally scripted... The lengths TPTB go to 2 keep their NWO agenda alive is disturbing. _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I was at lunch just before it started and they said that there were no pre-screened questions.
Puh-lease, after they already weeded out those with opposing views? A scripted little event I'd say. I won't though because I had just eaten lunch and didn't want to lose it, so I went for a smoke and took a walk instead

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

Guys I finally gave up on HunkaHunka, he always accuses the right of horrible things and claims any media but MSNBC is not to be believed, there is no point in trying to reason with him. I am finally giving up trying to understand his drivel and putting him on ignore. It's better for your soul than to deal with trolls.

Yes, because putting people you disagree with on ignore isn't exactly the same thing the Obama administration is doing with these meetings.

Obama is just like Bush, he only cares about his public image and doesn't care to face difficult questions (that he likely wouldn't be able to answer) about his own plans for America. He has truly become a politician that is all smoke and mirrors, with little to no substance.

The fact that they are staging all of his questions proves that he is not prepared to answer for his own bill, and that he is ultimately a hypocrite for claiming "change", when Bush did the exact same thing during his presidency.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I could say the same of you regarding your propensity towards fear.

Another definition you might want to look up is non conformist.

As an independent I am able to approve/disdain anything anyone from any party states.

I'm surprised at your attempt to say that me voicing my opinion is somehow being a sycophant.

Pscyhopants... yes... Sycophant... nope. Notice above how I said that if GB stacking the town halls was wrong, then obviously it is wrong for Obama to do the same.

How is that being a yes man? I never defended that. Of course neither was it proved, so there was nothing for anyone to defend.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
We already posted proof in this thread that these are stacked, staged events.

This morning, the Washington Post is reporting that "of the seven questions the president answered, four were selected by his staff from videos submitted to the White House Web site or from those responding to a request for 'tweets.' " And the three audience members he called on randomly? The Post says "all turned out to be members of groups with close ties to his administration: the Service Employees International Union, Health Care for America Now, and Organizing for America, which is a part of the Democratic National Committee.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Of course neither was it proved, so there was nothing for anyone to defend.

If you're referring to the claim that the town hall was a setup by Obama, Prof. Emeritus proved it on page 1 with links to reputable sources.

Something, I might add, you haven't done in all of YOUR barking as you call everyone here gullible.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Screaming "just say no" and "sit down and shut up" isn't exactly dissenting views... it's more like disruption as a means of shutting down ALL debate regardless of one's position.

These people are not interested in debate at all. And he'd be stupid to allow them in.
Claiming they're mere dissenters with a right to be heard is disingenuous garbage and you all know it.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
What's the use of a town hall if they are only supporters?

what a joke

This makes me think that the dems put those fake protesters there.

Now Obama is even asking his entire texas based fans on his email list to go to Ron Paul's office.
my.barackobama.com...

Things are about to get quite nuts!

From His Email

We'll provide everything you need: the address, phone number, and open hours for the office, information about how the health care crisis affects your state for you to drop off (with the option of adding your personal story), and a step-by-step guide for your visit.

According to our records, you live near Rep. Ron Paul's office in Lake Jackson, TX.

No source because it was email

welcome to the reality of american politics. Thanks to George Bush for being the principal on this type of action. and thanks to the small and highly vocal minority of GOP shills for making themselves look like the complete and utter idiots that they are.

Ron Paul is an isolationist, why don't you just vote Taliban instead? Same thing really.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

Actually the quoted wording you use is nearly verbatim what Obama has been saying this last week!

“I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them just to get out of the way.”
In other words: “Unless you agree with me, shut up.” Mr. Obama’s message is sharply as odds with the Democrat National Committee’s ads that claim it’s the other side which is trying to silence people.
ATS

[edit on 11-8-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Angus123

Actually the quoted wording you use is nearly verbatim what Obama has been saying this last week!

ATS

[edit on 11-8-2009 by burntheships]

No... that's more like, "you've done enough, thanks."

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I was itching to create a new thread on me, but then I thought there was too much and mods would probably create a town hall section, lol.

Obama says health care critics use 'scare tactics'

PORTSMOUTH, N.H. – Hoping to blunt the momentum of critics, President Barack Obama went on the offensive in support of his health care plan Tuesday, urging the country not to listen to those who seek to "scare and mislead the American people." "For all the scare tactics out there, what is truly scary is if we do nothing," Obama told a friendly town hall audience.

news.yahoo.com...

Unbelievable!

It's as if Obama's rhetoric with foreign nations is better than Bush's, but Bush's rhetoric at home was better than Obama's... well if you count silence as better.

But this is very hypocritical, he is known to have fought for civil liberties and now he's doing the exact opposite.

It's scary to think how he is behaving so early into his presidency.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join