It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Blocks Opposition From Staged Obama Town Hall Event

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

White House Blocks Opposition From Staged Obama Town Hall Event

www.prisonplanet.com

In an effort to protect the the saintly image of Barack Obama as his popularity plummets to new lows, the White House has ensured there will be no opposing voices to the Obamacare agenda when the President makes a town hall appearance in New Hampshire tomorrow.

The Secret Service will also be keeping a close eye on the throngs of protesters that are likely to gather outside.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com

Related Above Top Secret Threads
Protestor on Fox: Pelosi Thugs Came In The Middle of the Night

Union Thugs Beat Patriot at Obamacare Town Hall

[edit on 10-8-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
So...word is this will be a staged event? President Obama will actually not allow dissenters in the town hall?

President Obama will push the Health Care Bill in "Town Hall Llike" meetings...not actual town hall meetings!

If there is to be no opposing voices, how can this truely be anything but a staged PR event?

On Monday, the White House launched a new online "Reality Check" featuring administration officials rebutting critics' claims.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-8-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What's the use of a town hall if they are only supporters?

what a joke

This makes me think that the dems put those fake protesters there.

Now Obama is even asking his entire texas based fans on his email list to go to Ron Paul's office.
my.barackobama.com...

Things are about to get quite nuts!

From His Email

We'll provide everything you need: the address, phone number, and open hours for the office, information about how the health care crisis affects your state for you to drop off (with the option of adding your personal story), and a step-by-step guide for your visit.

According to our records, you live near Rep. Ron Paul's office in Lake Jackson, TX.

No source because it was email

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So Obama is going to a staged event where he can be told how awesome he is and how great his plan is. Why even have the meeting? Why push a bill that doesn't even exist yet in it's final form? I think Obama thinks he's still campaigning. He needs to start taking his job seriously and start listening to all Americans and not just some special interests crowd.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is obviously a PR move to shine some kind of positive Obamariffic spin on things. It will not be a true to the word town hall meeting, but a staged meeting where no one will ask any hard questions about the 1000 page bill he's trying to pass through. It will make him look like a good guy and try to quell the fears about this BS becoming the law of the land.

He will say something about how the right is extremist and they are employing hidden people behind the scenes to cause civil unrest and will shift the blame wholly to the protestors for being 'extremist' and crap like that. This will turn into an all out S-storm overnight. Things are going to become uncomfortable in our country guys

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I find the hysteria from the left quite funny. They keep resorting to attacking the GOP as extremists, and disrailing the healthcare plan. What will the left stoop to now? Staged events? Calling people that don't want this plan, unamerican?

It truely does remind me of the old Soviet Union. Staged events, showing nothing but happy supporters of the peoples party. Calling people that didn't agree with the political party "traitors".

It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I think it's hilarious that one rumor on prisonplanet and all the other posters above me buy it hook line and sinker...

wow... and I thought we were skeptics.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
I think it's hilarious that one rumor on prisonplanet and all the other posters above me buy it hook line and sinker...

Pelosi didn't call those people un-american?

Obama doesn't staff his "town halls"?

Quit the the kool-aid buddy, you'll O.D.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You have one HUGE set of Obama blinders.
This is from the Washington Post:

As the Ticket reported yesterday, Obama answered questions at a town hall at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Va., about protecting the uninsured, giving consumers a public option and converting medical records from paper to digital files. The White House portrayed the town-hall meeting as one in a series of public outreach events, a way for the president to keep his finger on the pulse of public opinion, and in turn to sway Americans on the complex and contentious issue.

This morning, the Washington Post is reporting that "of the seven questions the president answered, four were selected by his staff from videos submitted to the White House Web site or from those responding to a request for 'tweets.' " And the three audience members he called on randomly? The Post says "all turned out to be members of groups with close ties to his administration: the Service Employees International Union, Health Care for America Now, and Organizing for America, which is a part of the Democratic National Committee.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Obama just scripted an entire "town meeting" and you don't think he'll do it again?
God, either you are the most gullible person in the world, or you are an Obama shill. I can't see any other explanation.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
If this doesn't scream "hypocrite" I don't know what does.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

They think they are so sly...
Just a simple little "sign up to visit Ron Pauls office".

Is that orchestration or what?

reply to post by Kords21

He needs to do some damage control at the moment. Yes..the first 100 days. Who will ever remember that?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I don't remember what movie it was, but some guy singing. I think it was Adam Sandler.

"I'm so Pretty..............I'm so Pretty.
So very, very Pretty................"

So, does Obama have a detail to lick his shoes too???

[edit on 10-8-2009 by j2000]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

He will look deep into our eyes...and give us that...you know...
Trust me look.

reply to post by mikerussellus

Worse than the pot calling the kettle...you know.
Imagine a meeting where everyone is a puppet.
Paid to agree, put forth paid opinions of agreement!

I am hesitant to say it...but I saw a video clip on you tube...
the title of it was the moment of enlightenment. I thought about posting it...hesitated as it seemed over the top.

But that was yesterday. Now...it might be appropriate!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

They're called ABC, CNN and MSNBC. Obama seems more singleminded than Bush was. At least a random dissenter to challenge Obama would be good and healthy. What's the point to have a one sided conversation? Preaching to the choir gets nowhere.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's good they are keeping that noisy and revolting rabble out of this civilized discussion of like minds. Marie Antoinette would approve.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I don't know, but the ABC special was staged and only had supporters with preselected questions...even Helen Thomas called him out on it, and she is a hardcore liberal. Just going on past actions my skepticism is pretty thin on this.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Just have a quick question do you get paid to rebut all the ill things that are said about Obama? I mean I have seen you allover these boards and wow you really love that man OR you are getting paid to defend him and his policies at least it seams that way to me.

on topic Of course he is staging his "town halls" can you imagine if one educated person got in one and rebutted all his talking points Jesus the chaos it would bring and than that person would be a agitator and forced to leave thus setting off other people than more chaos than deployment of troops to quell the violence, you see Obama is doing us all a favor by just having all this set up in advance to include the questions I believe

my 2 cents

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e22f3ecb57ef.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

Yes...I agree though what concerns me is there is a generation gap...so to speak here. There is a certain amount of the populace that has been conditioned to accept what mainstream media tells them...without a check and balance.

The text message generation. Not that I dont text...I do
And I do e-mail...someone made a point on another thread...
What if people do not have the internet?
Then I guess they cant snitch, or get the Truth from the WhiteHouse emails...but they can still watch the Tube!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Pelosi didn't call those people un-american?

No she didn't. She said anytime we try to shout down the voice of another it is unamerican. She said nothing about those people, just their behavior.

I know every news outlet in the world is spinning it otherwise, but it's the truth. But don't be concerned, Pelosi calls everything she doesn't like unamerican. Google it... you'll find like 20 things she has sounded off on as being unamerican .

[edit on 10-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPC_D

Just have a quick question do you get paid to rebut all the ill things that are said about Obama? I mean I have seen you allover these boards and wow you really love that man OR you are getting paid to defend him and his policies at least it seams that way to me.

Nah I just get tired of all the lies and utter nonsense that gets passed for truth in these forums.

Someone has to shovel it out.

We are skeptics aren't we?

[edit on 10-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join