It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez urges military to be prepared for conflict

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

It gets interesting by the hour.

They tried destabalizing Iran (to control its oil trade back to US dollar & to destroy nuclear technology). With China strongly tied to Iran's oil contracts, it's almost impossible US to control Iran's oil fields.

We know Venezuela is another big oil producer. Only time will tell whether this news is about
1. Chavez drumming up political support.. or
2. Military build up before an assault on Venezuelan lands.. or
3. A major distraction away from mideast crisis.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
*looks down from ivory tower*

Looking at your profile photo,I can clearly see your brains been washed more times than a cheap tarts knickers!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Many are suffering from disillusionary thoughts and visions if you honestly believe the United States is going to remove Chavez. Since the CIA financed the previous failed coup, Venezuela built significant economic trade links with China and weapon contracts with Russia.

Neither nation will take too kindly for American involvement. Nor will the European Union - who are a recipient of Venezuelan oil.

There is not, and never was, Pax America

[edit on 11-8-2009 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
*looks down from ivory tower*

Looking at your profile photo,I can clearly see your brains been washed more times than a cheap tarts knickers!

Aw diddums doesnt like his murdering pin ups getting abused, poor diddums

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Only Way There's Gunna Be A War Is If He Starts It . He's Being Smart Though He Knows We Are Busy Fighting Iraq Right Now And We Won't Pull Out Just To Fight Him , And If We Try To Fight Both Iraq And Venezuela @ The Same Time , We Don't Have Much Of A Shot . We Can Kiss Thousands Of American Lives And Any Form Of Victory On Either Battlefield Goodbye

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by consciousdrum
Didn't aaron russo say something about the US attacking venezuela in his interview with alex jones?

He sure did... Here's the actual interview with Aaron Russo where he says that. I would recommend anyone who hasn't seen it yet, to watch the entire video. As there is some very juicy good info in there, just begging for your conspiracy mind to indulge.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
We know Venezuela is another big oil producer. Only time will tell whether this news is about
1. Chavez drumming up political support.. or
2. Military build up before an assault on Venezuelan lands.. or
3. A major distraction away from mideast crisis.

OR

1. Chavez is exhibiting signs of paranoia. OR
2. Lives too much between his ears and sees evil Americans under his bed. OR
3. He has a guilty conscious

[edit on 11-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
OR

...is this a joke?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

OR

I like what you are doing there- very easy for certain people to talk about "islam", or "reds" under the bed- how about yanks under the bed for their pin up boys, haha, excellent

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

reply to post by rich23

Their media realy have brainwashed so many of them,its rather sad

I mean that is pretty much out there

Dont bother....

They claim we are brainwashed and they pity us.
Meanwhile they are doing the exact same thing it's just pushing their personal agenda. Most could actually care less about the poor or the people involved they just find situations like this as an opportunity to stand on their soap box to regurgitate and spew their Anti-American rhetoric.

I don't even bother with them anymore. If you haven't notice yet it's the same story thread after thread no matter the topic.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Im newbie and I am living actualy in Venezuela.

Im Swiss but I move to Venezuela last year because my famely like the tropic heat. My Inglish is not the best im sorry about that.
Well about this Dogs of war walking around freely I can tell you here near to Caracas are the people not in panic. I dont see Anyone going on Hamster purchases or doing anything unusal. Like last year when the president pulled his tanks into the frontier after some weeks no one talked again about this subject...
It is possible that this time he is realy pissed or something.
But the odds against him and here with the internal power struggle I really dont see a chance that he realy wants to start a war.

Some of my Columbian Friends and even Venezuelans have told me they want to move to other country because lots of problems.

1. Fear from Crime (No actual war has as many deaths like here people dying from gangsters)
2. The prices of everithing are on the top of the clouds
3. Electric cuts
4. Water cuts ( I had no water from the street to my home for the last two weeks and it came just when my houses tank was empty)

So if there will ever be an invasion to Venezuela they will have serius problems with the bands I belive eaven more than Irak. And they will have to bring their own water ha ha...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gusan
American troops should stay in America!
Wherever they are, they are defending the intresst of the multinational (imperialistic) companies.

As a former member of the US military and a veteran of Iraq I can honestly say I agree with this.

Chavez is crying wolf right now and the more you pay attention to him the bigger he feels. One day he's going to get to big for his britches and will invade another country.

Might as well ignore him until it's time to drop a smart bomb into his office.

We need to let Chaves go start his wars and do his damage let his neighbors fight him on their own terms. Let them drain each others resources and lose their own lives instead of ours.

We need to pull all US troops, aircraft, ships and bases out of every country on the planet. We need to pull all foriegn aid and support to every country and organization including the UN.

If we are invited by another country to defend them from an invader such as Chavez in Argentina or Hussein in Kuwait then we bomb the offending invaders back into the stone age and then go home.

No occupation. No rebuilding. No government restructuring.

Our primary objective should be close ties with Mexico and Canada. They are our northern and southern borders. Screw with them and you screw with us. The rest are none of our concern and should only be bothered with if they bother us.

The rest of the world can deal with their criminal, opportunistic dictators and abusive governments ...

..and we'll figure out how to deal with ours.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
If we are invited by another country to defend them from an invader such as Chavez in Argentina or Hussein in Kuwait then we bomb the offending invaders back into the stone age and then go home.

Really? What makes you think we have the right to do that? I think you need to understand geopolitical context.. Kuwait was an oil rich area of Iraq taken by force and carved into a new country by western imperial powers in the early 20th century. Does that sound right to you? It belongs to the people of Iraq, not oil corporations, and been part of Iraq for thousands of years prior.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Chavez is proof positive sometimes the inmates are in charge of the asylum. There is a rumor going around in the intelligence community if Chavez starts a war with Columbia (Columbia and it's US military equipment), and allows Russian observers to analyze the results, there will be a financial windfall for Chevez. After all he's driven his economy into the ground. Do I believe this? Not really. But stranger things have happend.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gusan
American troops should stay in America!
Wherever they are, they are defending the intresst of the multinational (imperialistic) companies.

As a former member of the US military and a veteran of Iraq I can honestly say I agree with this.

Chavez is crying wolf right now and the more you pay attention to him the bigger he feels. One day he's going to get to big for his britches and will invade another country.

Might as well ignore him until it's time to drop a smart bomb into his office.

We need to let Chaves go start his wars and do his damage let his neighbors fight him on their own terms. Let them drain each others resources and lose their own lives instead of ours.

We need to pull all US troops, aircraft, ships and bases out of every country on the planet. We need to pull all foriegn aid and support to every country and organization including the UN.

No occupation. No rebuilding. No government restructuring.

Our primary objective should be close ties with Mexico and Canada. They are our northern and southern borders. Screw with them and you screw with us. The rest are none of our concern and should only be bothered with if they bother us.

The rest of the world can deal with their criminal, opportunistic dictators and abusive governments ...

..and we'll figure out how to deal with ours.

You know I like the tone of your post alot and even though I am Canadian, I actually believe to a point that the US military needs to be out there protecting US interests( those interests have a direct or indirect effect on life in Canada). The idea that the US should leave things the way they are actually flies int he face of sustained economic prosperity, therefore the US military needs to be out there. Also from an economic stand point if you have US soldiers at home alot of them would be relieved because there would be no practical use in having that many paid troops hanging around the US waiting to be deployed which would increase unemployment and welfare etc..

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourForever

Really? What makes you think we have the right to do that? I think you need to understand geopolitical context.. Kuwait was an oil rich area of Iraq taken by force and carved into a new country by western imperial powers in the early 20th century. Does that sound right to you? It belongs to the people of Iraq, not oil corporations, and been part of Iraq for thousands of years prior.

Iraq lost Kuwait, the spoils of war which none of us had a hand in. It no longer belongs to Iraq or the people of Iraq. I have not heard or read anywhere the people of Kuwait wanting to join up with Iraq.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CapsFan8
I've no doubt the US has figured this equation out: destabilizing a once sovereign country/region = pro american puppet outpost. The so called drug war is the cause of the problem in afghanistan and columbia. Either outpost is beside a bunch of oil in an anti-US country.

Too bad someone figured out the American foreign meddling game and got tired of it. Obviously anyone who doesn't go along with neo-imperialism is a monster. You are either with us or against us.

What would the US do if China stationed troops in Mexico?

I for one would become Canadian or join the French foreign legion.

On a serious note. China would have a whole new kind of warfare to deal with in many places of the US. Here (in this state at least) they would be confronted with big game hunters with overpowered weapons firing at them from an unspeakable range with jaw dropping accuracy. Plus every gun is legal here, including .50 cal sniper rifles (British issue included. Thanks brits love ya for it) and almost every assault rifle and handgun known to man (which includes optical upgrades). When you add extended knowledge of a completely vast terrain (plus being very well armed) with thousands upon thousands of vantage points and people that actually can survive in the wilderness without any modern commodities you will end up with an attack on the Switzerland (as far as readiness) of the united states. My state will do very well. Will yours?

Isn't fallout based on a similar idea? I think they went through Alaska from Russia instead of Mexico tho.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Chavez is foolish for his rhetoric.

But the U.S. is even more foolish for putting our men and women in completely unnecessary compromising positions.

When will we put an end to this b.s. of sending Americans to do the bidding of the world elite?

If this is not the reason..Then why? Oh why are our soldiers in South America?

Come on Obama, you liar. Bring our brothers home.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

The problem is that the world views everyday citizens in the same light as our government officials (aka President CEO of America et al). This is just not the case.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

reply to post by rich23

Their media realy have brainwashed so many of them,its rather sad

I mean that is pretty much out there

Dont bother....

They claim we are brainwashed and they pity us.
Meanwhile they are doing the exact same thing it's just pushing their personal agenda. Most could actually care less about the poor or the people involved they just find situations like this as an opportunity to stand on their soap box to regurgitate and spew their Anti-American rhetoric.

I don't even bother with them anymore. If you haven't notice yet it's the same story thread after thread no matter the topic.

fair enough sunshine lets wade in here,you are normaly open minded on a lot of subjects here but I am amazed at your reaction to Chavez!

I am slightly puzzled at your little dig in my direction,I have plenty of american friends-politics never comes into conversations and Its frankly wrong to churn out the anti american chants soon as anyone says anything bad about your goverments dark grip around the world!

I couldnt give a toss if someone slagged off my country about any wars we have been in or any country we are doing shady deals in.The army and the goverment are not the whole of the UK,the population here is just the same as it is over the pond there with you(your teeth may be better!)

Gonna be nice to you,its far easier to be negative but I have to go out now and feed the poor in my street and put away my soapbox

Grow some thicker skin

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join