It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Missouri Opinion of Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Each time we drive from our small town to West Plain on route 63, we see this billboard.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b556e54a78f8.jpg[/atsimg]

There is no way around it, either we drive to West Plains or back to our little hick town, it is double sided. This is, in no way, our opinion about the guy but the billboard was too amazing not to share and solicit your opinion of this bold political statement. This time around, we had to stop and take a picture.

So what do you think. Is it borderline funny, offensive, inappropriate or a valid expression of political speech?

We both thought it was hilarious

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
We have driven past this sign a few times now. As we had recently bought a new digital camera we thought that this would be worth sharing. This sign has been here for months and the owner has had it touched up as it fell into disrepair for a while.

Most of the folks around our area are not as ..."Tolerant" as my Fellow Texan people. Texans are a very open and accepting people... It has to do with our history I think.

Anyways.

As my wife said we are curious about yalls opinion of the matter... I personally wonder if the owner of the sign has already been contacted by the Obama Folks and asked for its removal.... Its been there for the six months we have lived here.

Also if we have violated any of the new political rules our apologies.... We just thought this to be to over the top to NOT share... it is a reflection of what the Southern Missourians think of Obama.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Also if we have violated any of the new political rules our apologies.... We just thought this to be to over the top to NOT share... it is a reflection of what the Southern Missourians think of Obama.
I certainly hope that posting a sign that is 100% truthful is not a violation of the new T & C. Good post.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
That is without a doubt from southern missouri. In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if my grandmother rents that billboard...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I like it! Right on for freedom of speech while we still have it!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
One of the funniest signs I've seen in a long time. I am by no means a racist but I do firmly believe in Freedom of Speech. Hillarious should be more of them. It's not attacking his family so in my book he's fair game.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think it's hilarious. Doesn't mean I hate muslims or arabs. Stereotypes are to comedy what weapons are to war. Even if you don't agree with their use you know they are necessary.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Yup, I agree with the billboard. I suspect the people who feel I am "racist" or "intolerant" because of this view also place little value in MY opinion, being a middle class mother of 3, fostermother of many (of every race and religion over the years) residing in that nasty little area they affectionately refer to as "flyover country".

That's fine, y'all just fly on over 'cause if you do stop here with your silver tongue, designer clothes, lies and arrogance I will be first in line to help convince you to return to your crime infested city of choice. Unfortunately for you we are not as stupid as you think and are not afraid to call it like we see it.

Show Me State, not Tread on ME State.

My priorities

1. GOD
2. Family
3. country

I was always taught to judge one only by the fruits of their labors (just as the Good LORD instructed). I don't know about you guys but only 6 months in and his fruit is tasting an awful lot like sushi ("fishy" pun intended).

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well what can you say...expected nothing less from southern folk. Yeehaw...lets string this boy up, because he believes that women should have the option of abortion or that he also believes that adults who love the same sex should also have the same rights as everyone else.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Who ever made the billboard forgot to add one thing... censorship of the internet.

I am surprised that at the pace the you tube vids that criticize Obama are being pulled that this billboard is still standing up. Reckon every place has it's funny quirks. When we were living in central Texas, it was them road signs displaying the word "Church"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11f55b7fc561.jpg[/atsimg]

Haven't seen any of those around here.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

2nd line

I like it. Great artwork..............

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by americanwoman

Love everything you said!

And the sign is funny. I can add many more points to the sign.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by miss_silver

I don't see the billboard as funny in any way but I am a huge fan of freedom of speech and that's all that billboard is to me. I would be annoyed if I had to drive past that every day and am glad I don't live in southern Missouri. As far as the message of the billboard, I am all for more abortions nationwide, don't care about same sex marriage, taxes will go up anyway and the thought of gun control is a joke in this country - just like the war on drugs, terrorism, poverty, etc. Our nation is broke and our Congress is useless. This billboard's message does nothing to help fix the problems we have as a nation, it just confirms that there is no such thing as one America.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Its two things.

Its funny in a satirical sense

BUT

Just how ignorant is it? Playing on the "Hussein", showing him in a head dress. That stuff just panders to those who want to spread their own stereotypical ignorance .

Once you get past the cheap laughs though, this kind of stuff is a disturbing inditement on the political mindset of the USA at times.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Just how ignorant is it? Playing on the "Hussein", showing him in a head dress.

It is only a misconception/ignorant that showing him wearing a turban (this is called a head dress) is only an insult to whom ever wear a turban to signify their faith such as Sikh, Afghan, Rajasthani, Mysori, Uttarakhand... Granted that "they" whom ever put that billboard up wanted to play that pun after seeing this on ABC news.

So which leads to this first questions that was asked in the opening post. Is it misconceptions due to that news snippet on youtube, is it due to ignorance that it is a misconception that arabs or those of muslim faith wear a turban which is a minority or is it just slander image wise...

The message was clear and true tho, big O does stand for everything that was mentioned on the billboard as the MSM tells us.

As for...

That stuff just panders to those who want to spread their own stereotypical ignorance .

This is why I choose to post this in the Regional Politics thread for it reflects the closed, minded communities in the 50 miles area we live in.

As I mentioned previously, this is not the opinion we have of the peep in power. He is just there and we have to endure him for the next 3 and a half year to come hoping he will not bring this country to s**t as we have endures Bush Jr and his minions, Clinton, Bush Sr, Land of confusion Reagan...

Even tho this billboard is double sided, it does reflect the CFR anf NWO plan too clearly.

More abortions... NWO to reduce populations number

Same sex marriage... NWO to again reduce population numbers (so they think...)

Guns regulations... a breach to the first amendment to bear arms, either to protect ourselves from the redskins (no racism intended) back then as much to protect ourselves from the current government!

and

Taxes

Nothing new here, either the 2 side of the same coin (REP/DEM) always found a way to increase taxes, lying through their teeth in their prez campaign that it wouldn't be so... Everybody hates taxes and will vote for the better candidate who will promise what no taxes will be raised...

So it is up to any ATS'ers to see it as they want to, either the message mixed with the images gets to them or they just see it as a big joke, a slandering image/he deserved it image and totally disregard the message/take it as gospel message.

As I mentioned previously, the billboard does nor reflect our opinion on the guy but having following politics for a damned long while, I for one, can see that it is just a load of horse manure like all the thing we have been fed ever since the Reagan years... Regional politics or not, TPTB have planned this for a long while.

top topics

join