It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton's anger at being ask by student what Bill thought

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I probably would have answered similarly or worse. She was offended. She let it be known. She's not upset with her husband, she was offended at being asked the man's opinion, as if hers was irrelevant. I've been there.

In a normal circumstance, fine, I could understand her display but when you are the Secretary of State, you are not allowed to EVER be offended in public.
This was a major gaffe on her part and i'm sure she regrets it.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

A man in her position wouldn't be called a "biatch" or a "menopausal monster" or any of these other degrading names. Just shows how many are still in the dark ages...

A man in that position who answered a question in that manner wouldn't be called a man--at least not by men.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Billy Boy showing up his wife and of course she was fumin'!!

She is representing the USofA so jeers to her for the way she reacted.

Of course if this had been Condi acting in this manner the media would be attacking Bush.

Expect an SNL skit this weekend.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

A man in her position wouldn't be called a "biatch" or a "menopausal monster" or any of these other degrading names. Just shows how many are still in the dark ages...

A man in that position who answered a question in that manner wouldn't be called a man--at least not by men.

I agree, a man is less likely to be as emotionally charged as a woman. She should have just said something funny or amusing about her husband to lighten the mood, and then it would have been forgotten by now. I suppose a man may be more likely to do that if under emotional stress than a woman because of women's hormones.

Although in her position you must keep control of yourself at all times in the public eye.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It does seem that the other Billary has accomplished what she couldn't do and glad he did what he could as if a team member and husband. I do still miss Condeleeza Rice as secretary of state. Hillary just reminds me of someone that was passed over and has to scrub the floors and do the dishes instead. I hope she doesn't hurt herself any more than she already has. Maybe she should have been the press secretary instead?

Hillary,

Get well soon.
Oh yeah, you missed a spot.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Hillary's handlers will be spending many laborious hours covering the most diplomatic of responses to this question. I foresee an abundance of similar questions posed to her, just because she is so sensitive in this aspect.

Not a very laudable display for a person of her position. Not her brightest hour.

I wonder... what does Bill think?

How soon will she "step down" to begin the campaign for the top job opening in 2012?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
I suppose a man may be more likely to do that if under emotional stress than a woman because of women's hormones.

LOL! Just what I expected.

John McCain's "hormones"

Dick Cheney's "hormones"

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Perhaps Hillary is just mad about some recent poll numbers that favor Billy over her. People just seem to like him better Hillary. Oh, Hillary... You are beginning to show obvious signs of Jan Brady syndrome.
She is caught between Bill and Barry.

58% vs 53% in favor of Bill. Keep trying bury your bitterness Hillary. You can start with a little makeup to hide your furrowed brow.
www.rasmussenreports.com...

[edit on 12-8-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
I suppose a man may be more likely to do that if under emotional stress than a woman because of women's hormones.

LOL! Just what I expected.

John McCain's "hormones"

Dick Cheney's "hormones"

"More likely" doesn't mean all males will avoid emotional outbursts. There will be extremes in either gender, e.g. uncontrollable males, and controlled females.

But in general intellligent men have their hormones under control more of the time than intelligent women, that's a simple observation. And I would hope we can put her in the intelligent category even if only just.

Yeah unintelligent people can go mental whichever gender, and probably in those cases men are worst with fighting probably after drinking too much alcohol, but women seem just as bad now when drunk.

Anyway it's true that this particular type of stress that Hillary was experiencing could possibly affect either gender in some way, we just don't know enough about it. And if it's related to Bill taking the credit recently, and the N.Korean's making her look silly because they called her an unintelligent school girl, then maybe if the situations were reversed Bill would be similarly affected.

It all depends if it was her time of the month as well which has to be taken into account in a proper analysis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join