It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protester on Fox: Pelosi 'Thugs' Came In 'Middle Of The Night,' Health Care Plan 'Sentences Our

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Getting back to the topic of this thread, Mike Sola claims that someone came to his house in the middle of the night. Some believe him while others do not. One thing we know is that he filed a police report, and according to the press, the incident is being investigated. Instead of throwing stones on both sides, why don't we wait and see where the investigation goes. At that point, hopefully we will know:
1.) if the incident occurred
2.) who did come to his house, if it did happen
3.) perhaps the motive and what was said.

About all we know sofar, is what he said:

"Yes they are," Sola said. "And all I'm going to say to the person who doesn't have the courage to do it in the daytime, I will use every means available to me -- lethal force if necessary -- to protect Scott (the disabled son) and my wife. Your message has been received. My wife is terrified. We have not told Scott about it. But if you -- if I ever catch you on my property -- I will take the risk of going to prison. But you will never again threaten my family."

www.hispanicbusiness.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Good point, before we going taking this as fact, like many did when Ashley Todd carved a backwards B in her own cheek.

Very good point Prof.

Starred!

[edit on 11-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
modern academia i dont agree too much with your posts, but this is a good topic.

The guy threatening lethal force is great and i can guarantee this wont be the last we hear about him. ive seen him in multiple videos of the event and he seems like a true person that cares for his son, family and country.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
You can't have a rational conversation or debate or discussion on something that is non-existent.

There is no health care bill that has been finalized and ready to be voted on but 5 different competing versions in 5 different committees.

It may be true that there is no bill yet, but then why are so many people upset and protesting the town hall meetings as if it were? Isn't it a bit strange that they are parroting claims as if they written in stone?

They are being unreasonable, and you can't have a discussion or debate someone in that condition. If they don't live in the district that the meeting is being held, they do not belong there.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Poor right wing people , that's soooo funny , things will change and you won't be able to do nothing to stop these changes!

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Jabbah]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
While looking for a video of the town meeting where Mike Sola spoke, I found a video like the OP, but with the entire interview including the town hall meeting. What I find is that he doesn't say Pelosi's thugs and even the name thugs came from an article calling the protesters thugs.

I think the article is slightly sensationalizing what he said. And as I said before, he claims his son would not be covered under the Obama health care plan, and wouldn't even listen to his representative explain that his son was covered.

The man was being unreasonable.

[edit on 8/11/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

You can't have a rational conversation or debate or discussion on something that is non-existent.

There is no health care bill that has been finalized and ready to be voted on but 5 different competing versions in 5 different committees.

It may be true that there is no bill yet, but then why are so many people upset and protesting the town hall meetings as if it were? Isn't it a bit strange that they are parroting claims as if they written in stone?

They are being unreasonable, and you can't have a discussion or debate someone in that condition. If they don't live in the district that the meeting is being held, they do not belong there.

Fear of the unknown. The very crux of this issue is people's health, you aren't talking about their money, their cars, their homes, or family pets but that thing most intrinsic to life itself...their health.

What you will see if you pay close attention to the videos of the Town Halls as opposed to just the sound bite moments is most of the most interested people are older Americans to whom their Health is really a concern.

Do you not remember the mass confusion that resulted from Bush's Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit.

I am sure you are probably too young to remember when Medicare itself first came out, but it involved a lot of debate, and a lot of fear, and some religious sects like the Amish lobbying hard and long to be excluded and exempt from it.

For the casual do-gooder social engineering want-to-be in good health and in love with liberal ideas and left wing politics it might seem like a no brainer good thing. To utopian pie in the sky idealists who can't wait to rush out and hug a tree and save a whale it might seem like a step forward.

To a generation of elderly Americans that some of which were children and even young adults in World War II, where Euthanasia and Eugenics with the latter actually being practiced in the United States at the time through forced sterilization programs in 28 different states for the handicapped and disabled and people who got poor grades in public school, the idea of a all powerful government with gun toting officers of the law to impose it's will just saying there is going to be a new health care bill and you don't get to see it first is absolutely horrifying to them.

You don't get it, because you don't get them, because you are you and not them.

There is a group of hardcore republicans that would do anything to make Obama and the Democrats look bad. There are corporate interests involved too and since corporations enjoy a legal status as 'persons' under the law it's their right as shameful as their business practices might be to participate as well. There are organized left wing groups at play. Lobbying firms at play...but by and large what you are really going to see in the majority of these protesters...is frightened older Americans who are always resistant and uncertain about change and need to be gently walked through it. That's why ultimately Bush had the nations Pharmacists agree to help them figure out the new Medicare and Medicaid drug benefit options and walk them through it, but they were private sector pharmacists not government bureaucrats doing it.

There is a huge segment of America and I am one of them that is furious about the way the Bailout was rammed down our throats last October while Bush was in the White House, we wrote and called our Republican and Democratic representatives alike and begged them not to do it in overwhelming numbers and they ignored the people and pushed it right through. Right after Obama came to power they did it again! This time without even reading the legislation with Obama and Government saying there is no time, it's an emergency it has to be done. Today most of the TARP money sits in the FED, the Banks who have gotten some of it can't even tell the GAO what they did with it and what happened to it, and to date less than 100,000 jobs have been created through the bailouts while the nation has lost 4.5 million jobs just since Obama took office.

I have to have to tell you if you really think the trillions of dollars in bailout money could only add up to 100,000 jobs in 10 months with the credit markets still frozen and people still loosing their jobs left and right and getting kicked out of their homes well...for Pete's sake man stop drinking the Kool-Aid and wake up.

For me, this is about not wanting to see another massive, complicated, life changing piece of legislation just rammed through congress in the 11th hour with not even most of the representatives not knowing whats really in it when they vote on it.

The Republican and Democrats have a bad, bad recent legislative track record going for them.

This isn't funny printed paper money this time at stake, it's YOUR HEALTH which is YOUR LIFE that is potentially at stake and it really is just plain STUPID to not want to see a real bill first and understand it and decide before these clowns in Washington ram something else down our throats that doesn't effect them, but effects us. Like everything else Congress does it's already exempted itself in provisions of every version of the Bill in favor of what Congress gives itself in stead.

People are mainly protesting because they are angry at government and most people who voted for Obama voted for him because they were angry at Government and they just don't get or care why most of us are still angry at Government. Obama hasn't repealed one, not one of Bush's unconstitutional laws, he keeps adding to them.

People are mad at the government and they are real mad at the government for coming to them empty handed on a matter of life and death, the people's own health, with out one darn little fact to present to them other than the Administration and the Democratic Congress wants a New Health Bill, so did Hillary and it crashed and burned when Bill came to power.

People just aren't that stupid my friend. Nor should they be.

There are no facts from any side of the aisle, but shame on the Democrats who control the White House, Senate and House of Representatives and still couldn't put something together other than competing wish lists they are still adding wishes too!

I find it so hard to believe anyone can't figure out why people are really protesting this thing, and a lot of honest, independent, well intentioned, intelligent and concerned people are, and I count myself as one of them friend.

Thanks!

[edit on 11/8/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by Hal9000

Fear of the unknown. The very crux of this issue is people's health, you aren't talking about their money, their cars, their homes, or family pets but that thing most intrinsic to life itself...their health.

First of all, that was an excellent reply, and I do know why they "protesting" if you want to call it that, and I may not be that old, but health care is just as important to me as it is to them.

They are protesting because as I pointed out in the previous post with the video, the man is parroting claims that aren't true. They hear these false claims from the likes of Limbaugh and Beck and get upset and in my opinion listening to these jokers is the real problem.

To a generation of elderly Americans that some of which were children and even young adults in World War II, where Euthenasia and Eugenics with the latter actually being practiced in the United States at the time through forced sterlization programs in 28 different states for the handicapped and disabled and people who got poor grades in public school, the idea of a all powerful govermnet with gun toting officers of the law to impose it's will just saying there is going to be a new health care bill and you don't get to see it first is absolutely horrifying to them.

Nice try, but I doubt most these folks were aware of the eugenics program and would not believe you if you told them, even though it was well documented. I certainly hope you are not basing your opinion on what happened back in the thirties.

You don't get it, because you don't get them, because you are you and not them.

It's not that I don't get them. I am saying they are over-reacting on purpose to disrupt the democratic process due to what they are being told.

For me, this is about not wanting to see another massive, complicated, life changing piece of legislation just rammed through congress in the 11th hour with not even most of the representatives not knowing whats really in it when they vote on it.

OK, now that is probably the best reason I've heard to appose health care reform. I agree that the government should not have bailed out all those companies and you know a lot of that money will line the pockets of the same people that got us into this mess, but it did work and the economy is starting to recover.

However, I think health care is badly needed, and should be looked at separately. I've been watching how every year I get less coverage and the price continues to rise. One day, I know my employer will no longer be able to afford to cover us, and when that happens, many more than 47 million will be without health care. If nothing is done, it will only get worse.

You may not understand how important coverage is unless you are put in the position of having to pay for a hospital stay. I've had friends without coverage that had no choice but declare bankruptcy after an incident, and guess who has to pay for it then? The hospitals have to spread out the costs of all the treatment they don't get paid for to all the rest of us that do pay. In a sense, we are already paying for it. Why not cover everyone and they can benefit from receiving regular health care.

I can fully respect your position, but we need health care and we shouldn't support tactics being used like this for any cause. The right wing is taking advantage of these people who do listen to them, and I think that is the most despicable part of this mess.

Thanks!

Back atcha.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

My friend your post is full of misleading and convenient generalizations that lack empathy and compassion for others and clearly display your desire to paint all people not thinking like you and wanting what you want as being cut of the same cloth and a misguided impediment to what you are sure is your greater wisdom.

It is not wise since the facts are not there.

It is not wise to assume that you know other people and what they know who are two and three times older than you and have lived a much broader fuller richer life that your more limited experiences, understanding, lack of compassion and empathy couldn’t even begin to fathom.

Casting such dispersions on people, stereotyping them and casting them into a single group for the sake of your agendas convenience is ultimately what is going to discredit any intelligent argument you might accidently stumble upon at this point in the endless desperate twists and dodges to find something, anything to keep from having to admit that there is no one health plan to sell or debate.

I find it highly insulting to millions of people you don’t know and have never met to generalize against them and about them in such poorly informed ways.

I really think you should rethink your strategies, I can’t possibly see how they could be doing your cause any good and so far the only cause you seem to be championing is just maligning and stereo typing people because they won’t agree with you.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Now in case maybe you are still too wrapped up in your passions and agenda to understand what I am saying let me put it in simpler terms for you...

When Moses went onto the mountain the Burning Bush spoke to him in a language he could understand.

When Jesus came down from the mountain he spoke to the people below in a language they could understand.

You aren't going to win arguments trying to get people to speak differently than they know how to or are inclined and you aren't going to get them to learn anything even if you have something valid to teach them either.

You have to learn to be one of them, so they can identify with you, and so you can identify with them.

The problem with social engineering is it's a parental like function and some of the people you want to parent would basically just take you over their knee for the way you are attempting it.

When in Rome do as the Romans do, that's how you reach people, not with the lectures, not with the it has to be my way or the highway.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Years ago when I first became an EMT I worked a PT rent-a-cop job to help ends meet. Well, I got assigned to watch a tire plant where workers were striking.

The union thugs took my tag from personal vehicle and followed me around. Three of them came to the bar where I worked as a bouncer/bar-back and started a fight with me. They burned one 'strike breakers' car.

Union is civilized speak for Marxist thug in my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Hal9000

It is not wise to assume that you know other people and what they know who are two and three times older than you and have lived a much broader fuller richer life that your more limited experiences, understanding, lack of compassion and empathy couldn’t even begin to fathom.

This is great.
You are claiming that I am making assumptions about people I don't know, yet you automatically think I am some youngster. I assure you that I am closer to these folks age bracket than you think.

Maybe you should take your own advise and not make any assumptions about me.

I do know people like this and I know why they think the way they do. I live among them here in the rustbelt. I have family members that I have argued with till I was blue in the face trying to reason with them, and have given up. These folks are no different. It is because they believe the false information spewed out by the right wing talking heads and so I don't blame them entirely for being unreasonable. They grew up in a country where journalists could be trusted, but we know it isn't like that anymore. They just can't imagine that and would say they wouldn't want to live here anymore if that were true. No sir, I do understand these people because I live among them.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

It seems to be par for the course.

Though... all logic as escaped ATS.

I really MISS the good old days of 2006, and 2007 on ATS.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Hal9000

Now in case maybe you are still too wrapped up in your passions and agenda to understand what I am saying let me put it in simpler terms for you...

You don't need to simplify anything for me, and i do hear what your saying, but you are supporting people only because you are against health care reform.

You aren't going to win arguments trying to get people to speak differently than they know how to or are inclined and you aren't going to get them to learn anything even if you have something valid to teach them either.

You have to learn to be one of them, so they can identify with you, and so you can identify with them.

More good advice, but you should be telling me about it. It would do well to explain that to the people whom we are talking about. They are the ones that are being disruptive and halting the democratic process.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Hal I can appreciate how you feel my friend. I respect the passion and desire you employ in your efforts to promote what you feel is right. If I didn’t consider you a person of intellect and some logic I wouldn’t invest the time to respond directly to your posts.

Politics is a contentious affair; it always has been it always will be.

When I share my thoughts, my feelings, my perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with people I have little expectation that they are going to agree with all of it or any of it in part or parcel. Some of what I say will fall upon deaf ears, some of what I will say will fall upon opportunistic ones looking to dissect fragments of my messages, out of context if need be in hopes of twisting it or casting it in such a way that benefits a very opposing argument or even to discredit and dismiss it entirely. I know some people are predisposed against what I will share because of personal agendas or desires or their own political, religious and social ideologies. In fact many people are so asleep (I am still a bit asleep myself this morning after staying up till 5:00 AM after spending 3 hours just formulating the response to one unrelated thread www.abovetopsecret.com...) that what I say will escape them entirely because of an ability to comprehend or fear or reluctance to believe what falls outside of their narrowly framed reality. All those things are acceptable to me though.

Whether what I share falls on deaf ears, closed minds or on the most receptive and open ears and minds, whether the ground is barren and desolate or fertile and rich I have done one thing, the only one thing I can do and that is ‘plant’ a seed. Time and circumstances will eventually either cause that seed to shrivel up and die, be eaten by a scavenging bird, or begin to slowly plant it self, and grow based on the life conditions of the person seeded with that knowledge.

It is called farming as opposed to conquering. Rather than cower or attempting to dazzle the unconvinced against their will, as a mind convinced against it’s own will is a mind that remains unconvinced, I simply deposit that seed for the day if it ever comes that they wish to learn more of their own volition and that seed might grow.

It is a slow and tedious process that can be arduous and frustrating at times. Growing takes time, farming takes time, warring and conquering takes less, but those cowered into submission in such a latter endeavor will always seek to eventually rebel. Much of what frustrates you right now in your own quest is the immediacy in which you seek preferred results and the fact that people are rebelling at the moment for reasons you can not agree with, identify with or accept because of your own perspectives and immediate agenda and the urgency you attach to it.

Artists understand it takes time to create a masterpiece, which is why I would stay up until 5:00 A.M. in the morning, missing parts of the best meteor showers in ten years to simply work on planting seeds. To simply work on farming, farming is an evolutionary process of growing, warring and conquering is typically a repressive and regressive process.

I am sharing with you how to farm. Nothing less nothing more, my own views on health care are as irrelevant as yours or any other person that is not the President of the United States of head of the corporation that runs the United States.

If you want to understand better what I mean by that Hal please read the post I worked on for three hours last night it will give you a far greater perspective of not just my mind set, but the truer state and nature of our beloved Union.

Our forefathers were citizen farmers Hal. That’s right they grew things, with their hands, and with their ideas, and both took time. Eventually they seeded a revolution and that took time to reach a critical mass and tipping point.

Belittling, discrediting, mocking, and attempting to bully people really won’t win their hearts and minds, sharing with them a seed with a little love and kindness, some water and some sunshine so to speak might allow it to eventually take hold, sprout, set down roots and grow. Those would be conquerors typically have not the patience, skill or aptitude for such things, but ask yourself this, who does history revere more? Gandhi or Attila the Hun, Nelson Mandela or Gengus Khan?

The citizen farmers who birthed this country only turned to violence when there was no other way.

Thanks friend.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I woudn't doubt that this happened. Look at the charcter of these people! I honestly think that Palosi thinks she is above the law, some kind of godess or something. She is the one running the government not Obama.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Hal9000

Belittling, discrediting, mocking, and attempting to bully people really won’t win their hearts and minds, sharing with them a seed with a little love and kindness, some water and some sunshine so to speak might allow it to eventually take hold, sprout, set down roots and grow.

That was a well expressed reply, but for some reason you are still not seeing my point. I agree that in order to make any progress reaching people you have to be able to communicate. I think we both agree on that. My point is that when people like this Mike Sola when he is screaming at his representative, he is not communicating. He is disrupting the meeting. No one will be able to reason with this man at this point and you should be agreeing with me on that point.

Wouldn't you agree that this man is the one that should be taking your advice?

If not, then we'll just have to agree to disagree and that's alright too.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Hal my friend it truly is irrelevant what I think about how someone else chooses to communicate. I lack the legal authority to impose my will upon them under Corporate, Constitutional and most especially Nature’s Law.

Look at it this way my friend if you can, if someone hands you a tattered, soiled envelope, with your name misspelled on it, that contains the winning lotto ticket worth millions and millions of dollars, and hands it to you in a way you find unpleasant and lacking civility and cordiality will you hand back the ticket simply because of presentation despite it’s inherent and intrinsic value?

Skilled politicians, statesmen and orators would have no trouble defusing such umbrage and would simply share in their indignation if only in a mock and false way to share their outrage and display themselves as concerned and empathetic and then ask “How can I correct this for you?”, “I can make you no promises that I can obtain that remedy for you but I will go to my superiors (Congress and the President) and share with them your concerns”.

Do you really see most of these corporately elected corrupt buffoons who masquerade under a long discarded constitution as legally elected representatives of the people who truly represent them asking in such a wise and skilled fashion. I do not, I see them acting in autocratic and a authoritarian manner which as servants to the people under the Constitution they have no legal right in which to do. The fact that you advocate for the type and style of poorly thought out, illegal, and disingenuous representation when the agenda is one to your liking might seem appropriate but in all reality if the agenda was not one to your liking you would probably take exception to the process being deployed.

Where you might not see the downfall in your suppositions and strategies is how you primarily attempt to discredit and decry how others advocate in what you consider a poor way, by slandering them and labeling them and grouping anyone who appears to be in opposition makes you a poor advocate for your own cause. You do not see how you similarly disrupt the process as well in that endeavor but imagine that you are only being disruptive if you can even see how you are being disruptive because someone else became disruptive first.

This does not diffuse confrontation but simply escalates it making you ultimately a poor advocate for your cause who will be rejected by anyone not sharing the same opinion, because you are being no more civil and on point in your advocacy than those you decry.

Had you read the link to the post I provided in my prior post you might better understand that you are placed in the position of having no choice but to be a poor advocate who can do little but critique on style and delivery because the Corporate Government and Dictatorship has not provided you with an issues of substance to advocate in an intelligent manner because they have not formulated by design a finalized Bill that could be subject to debate because the Dictatorship of the Corporate Government ultimately neither desires nor requires a debate in rendering it’s edicts through a corrupt and unconstitutional corporately elected and selected congress.

What they do is provide you the illusion of a debate of democracy with out actually any meat on the bone, but just a bone, as in you my not like minded adversary... I have a bone to pick with you.

This is called a dog and pony show, and a spectacle, it has nothing to do with the legislative process or how decisions are ultimately made and why, but simply keeps you enslaved to an argumentative debilitating system and state of mind that is self defeating and makes us all poor advocates for our ideas as in reality our ideas are not heard or considered any more and that is why more and more people are shouting, including yourself to be heard.

Because you are fond of the current dictator and agenda you have no real problem with the fact that those not fond of him can not be heard even when resorting to shouting, which in reality they only do because they know they are not going to be heard, that they haven’t been heard, and will not be heard, and whether your realize it or not my friend you are in fact working hard to make sure that is the case!

Yes we can agree to disagree as friends. It matters not one wit to me what you believe or I believe our resistance to what the Corporate Government wants is futile, just as our advocacy for it to is futile, it serves itself and if you were not so immersed in the spectacle and the dog and pony show you would recognize that and take exception too.

I can only share what I know and have no ability to enforce or decree it, and I have no malice to those who reject what I know or take exception to it, as they are just as irrelevant as I am in the scheme of things, and the bottom line is why people are screaming and pointing at one another and accusing one another is they know or at least suspect they are irrelevant in the scheme of things.

Sadly you do not quite fathom as very few people do, you become relevant as soon as you allow and consider everyone else to be relevant too. That is how the United States of America and Constitution became divided and conquered by a dictatorial corporate fascist government.

Thanks friend!

[edit on 12/8/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

... Rahm Emanuel belongs in Israel or running a Jewlery Store in the Diamond District of any U.S. City or selling paraphenillia or trinkets on some strip or mall where he can spy to his hearts content on the U.S. but NOT IN THE WHITE HOUSE!

A not-so-subtle racist remark.

You must be proud. I don't think I have any interest in what you have to say anymore.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
On a related item, an article in left-wing Salon.com calls for Pelosi to step down for calling valid citizen protesters UnAmerican and Nazis. Camille Paglia, who voted for Obama and still supoorts him says:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, whom I used to admire for her smooth aplomb under pressure, has clearly gone off the deep end with her bizarre rants about legitimate town-hall protests by American citizens. She is doing grievous damage to the party and should immediately step down.

www.salon.com...

In fact, her article is extremely critical of Congressional Democrats. She continues:

There is plenty of blame to go around. Obama's aggressive endorsement of a healthcare plan that does not even exist yet, except in five competing, fluctuating drafts, makes Washington seem like Cloud Cuckoo Land. The president is promoting the most colossal, brazen bait-and-switch operation since the Bush administration snookered the country into invading Iraq with apocalyptic visions of mushroom clouds over American cities.

You can keep your doctor; you can keep your insurance, if you're happy with it, Obama keeps assuring us in soothing, lullaby tones. Oh, really? And what if my doctor is not the one appointed by the new government medical boards for ruling on my access to tests and specialists? And what if my insurance company goes belly up because of undercutting by its government-bankrolled competitor? Face it: Virtually all nationalized health systems, neither nourished nor updated by profit-driven private investment, eventually lead to rationing.

I just don't get it. Why the insane rush to pass a bill, any bill, in three weeks? And why such an abject failure by the Obama administration to present the issues to the public in a rational, detailed, informational way? The U.S. is gigantic; many of our states are bigger than whole European nations. The bureaucracy required to institute and manage a nationalized health system here would be Byzantine beyond belief and would vampirically absorb whatever savings Obama thinks could be made. And the transition period would be a nightmare of red tape and mammoth screw-ups, which we can ill afford with a faltering economy.

As with the massive boondoggle of the stimulus package, which Obama foolishly let Congress turn into a pork rut, too much has been attempted all at once; focused, targeted initiatives would, instead, have won wide public support. How is it possible that Democrats, through their own clumsiness and arrogance, have sabotaged healthcare reform yet again? Blaming obstructionist Republicans is nonsensical because Democrats control all three branches of government. It isn't conservative rumors or lies that are stopping healthcare legislation; it's the justifiable alarm of an electorate that has been cut out of the loop and is watching its representatives construct a tangled labyrinth for others but not for themselves. No, the airheads of Congress will keep their own plush healthcare plan -- it's the rest of us guinea pigs who will be thrown to the wolves.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join