It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protester on Fox: Pelosi 'Thugs' Came In 'Middle Of The Night,' Health Care Plan 'Sentences Our

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

The GOP isn't interested in you...they just want to embarrass Obama...the same is true of the hard right and the mush loosebowels of the radio and web.

And the Dem. party does? And Keith Olbermann? And The rest of the left wing media?

No they don't give two SH*TS about you or me or anyone else. They have an agenda just like the GOP, Rush, Hannity, etc... How can anyone, especially on ATS, not know that? Boggles my mind.

AND that is what this so called protest movement is all about...to prevent the public from actually being educated about the plan...

Yea, lets give all these Rep's and Senator's a chance to *enlighten* us as to what we uneducated fools can't figure out for ourselves. No Thanks. I can read and comprehend what I read. I don't need them to run their mouth about a bill that's NOT EVEN WRITTEN YET. So exactly what are they going to be *educating* us about?

What can they say Grover that you can't read for yourself? I just don't get it. Lets all sit here like good boys and girls while the teacher *educates* us. Don't want to get out of line and MAKE THE TEACHER HEAR YOU BECAUSE THE B*TCH WON"T LISTEN WHEN YOU DON'T AGREE WITH WHAT IS BEING SAID!!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

The only medical resources I have are Medicare and the VA and I have always been treated decently...in July 07 I was up in Chicago when my appendix burst and the VA saved my life.

In December of last year I had a total knee replacement and had splendid (except for the food) treatment.

Generally speaking for unplanned non life threatening emergencies they can take a long time for sure...but when things like the knee replacement is planned ahead of time they are johnny on the spot...

And the only complaint I have over my treatment regarding my appendix was the cute little Phillippine nurse could have been a little more through when she gave me sponge baths...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ag2000

That is an absurd attitude.

So much anger over so little...especially if the bill is as you say not even written yet.

For your information I don't pay attention to the media and certainly not cable news...especially when you consider I don't even have cable or anything else like that.

I don't trust my congresspeople either but I am a big believer in civil discourse and all of these screaming and shouting idiots at the town meetings are just making themselves look like the fools.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Mileage may differ. My daughter was brought in to the local hospital for a broken leg [damn snow]also (after I got BC/BS) she was dealt with almost immediately. People's experiences will vary.

Now BC/BS do irk me as, I rarely use my medical coverage yet it continues to go up and up and up.

Like I said reform needs to happen, I just do not feel the government needs to run it. They do well enough running the country into the ground.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Doom and Gloom]

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Doom and Gloom]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
I feel bad for this guy. He's a concerned father, he wants to ensure to the best of his ability a means of helping his son, and because of the nature of any government run program, his son would likely be totally screwed.

As if everyone wouldn't be.

This threat tactic he experienced. God, how I wish some of these SEIU union thugs would pay me a nighttime visit.

They'd be found dead with deadly weapons in their hands, and only one person to tell the story.

One day, or one night, these thugs are going to meet someone like me, and either they're going to have to kill them, or they're going to die.

And then it's a new ballgame.

The gloves come off across the nation.

And the blame will be placed at the door of the White House - right where it lies.

The only good thing to come of such a thing, is a declared open season on ACORN members.

wow, you just really want to kill somebody don't you? Every post you're talking about how you WANT somebody to come to your house and attempt to intimidate you. I would prefer that not happen to me, but to each their own. I hope in the near future you get to kill somebody... I'm sure you will feel really good about it.

I don't believe this guy for a second. Not you Dooper, I seriously believe you will kill somebody. I don't believe this old dudes story. I amount it to the girl who said she got beat up for supporting Mccain. I'm just really skeptical though. Show me footage or GTFO is what I always say.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Yes grover you are right I too want some quality VA medical care

BY BILL POOVEY
Associated Press
A U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs letter pledges free medical care and treatment for former patients who have tested positive for HIV or hepatitis since being exposed to endoscopic cleaning mistakes at three VA hospitals, including one in Miami.

But advocates for veterans contend the VA should also pledge disability and damage payments.

I think we all deserve the privelage of being treated in poorly managed, underfunded, outdated, filthy and non-sterile environments where we can be given life ending infectious diseases too.

It's why I am so thrilled about Government getting into Health Care in a big way.

Medicare is really the way to go because it's so well run!

The Associated Press
MIAMI -- A doctor and physician's assistant in Miami have been sentenced to eight years in prison in an $11 million Medicare fraud scheme.

U.S. District Judge Ursula Ungaro on Friday also ordered 65-year-old Dr. Keith Russell to pay back the government $3.1 million, and 50-year-old Jorge Luis Pacheco to repay $2.6 million. Another physician's assistant, 43-year-old Eda Marietta Milanes, was sentenced to five years in prison and $3.1 million in restitution.

By the way these are not isolate instances.

I didn't even know the VA and Medicare had plans for pets!

Remember it's flea and tick season!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

especially if the bill is as you say not even written yet.

I am a big believer in civil discourse and all of these screaming and shouting idiots at the town meetings are just making themselves look like the fools.

So what is it that they are having their town hall meetings too discuss?

There are two options as I see it:

1. They are having the meetings (because the bill isn't even written yet) to get input from the citizens that they can then take back to D.C. and fight for the people they represent...

or

2. They are having these meetings (even thought the bill isn't written yet) to *educate* us on what they are going to force on us. And then go back to D.C. and pass their bill and we are all stuck with it.

If your answer to the question is #1, then they have nothing to say. They have nothing to *educate* us about. They can sit their and hear what the people have to say, then scurry back to D.C. and fight for the people they represent.

If your answer to the question is #2, then people have a right to be heard. If the Rep's and Senators aren't their to LISTEN then people might feel the need to SPEAK UP so that their voice's are heard. We are not their children in a classroom.

Neither option requires WE THE PEOPLE to sit and listen to the Rep's/Senators dodge questions and act like they know anything!

How many times have your Rep's/Senators responded to you personally? No form letters? Mine = 0. Hell, I emailed a Rep in another State about an issue I read here on ATS and wanted to show my support. I got an Actual personal response! I live in TEXAS, he was from New Hampshire!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

Yes, we are.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Another report of how the Congressmen are responsble for this union thuggery!

Some Congressmen have asked labor unions like the SEIU to “sponsor” their events, prompting complaints of stacking the audience and sometimes of union thuggery.
url

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This morning and now.
My wife and I watched as Spector had his town hall that was not screened.
They gave him some really tough questons and he answered most of them, well half anyways. The one's he answered, where the points that he would not agree with and will not support on the bill.
Healthcare was not the only thing discussed either. Things stayed civil and yet he got his butt handed to him several times.

Now Obama. What a *snip*! Whimp but worse.
He is having his "Town Hall" meeting. What a complete joke!

The whole crowd is cheering and chanting "Yes we can, Yes we can".
Now they are going to ask those "tough" questions.
I just want to puke....................

Will this guy ever face the real public? I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Maybe the honeymoon is starting to wear thin.

I was checking channels earlier. Stopped at MSNBC. lol
Carlos someone was on and they were actually having a real conversation about how the Admin and Obama was wasting time with Healthcare and Cap and Trade instead of helping business create jobs.

Of course you will never hear that later in the day on that channel. But they were right with every point they disussed.

Still listening to the gag fest with Obama. A little girl just asked him one of the questions. lol

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Ya know... if I wanted to venerate the town hall protesters.. I would hire someone, to hire someone, to hire someone else to hire the Union to come in and do this. Or at least get people to dress up like union members and do that.

I smell a rat!

Yeah, me too.
And that rat smells like a giant ACORN!

Give it time

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I am concerned that the health care "reform" will be like public health care. I know that system all too well. I spent years of my life in pain not knowing why, only to be sent away with pain pills. I couldn't ever get the doctors at the clinic to run tests. It wasn't until I went blind and was rushed to the emergency room that I found out I had a serious disease that needed expensive extensive treatment.

That is the type of health care you get with the free public health care clinics. They send you away with a script and hope for the best. That's not the kind of care I want. It's dangerous.

Oh and I'm not so hepped up on the VA care either. As far as I am concerned they let my grandfather die.

I want much better than public health care or VA care. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by grover

Yes grover you are right I too want some quality VA medical care

BY BILL POOVEY
Associated Press
A U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs letter pledges free medical care and treatment for former patients who have tested positive for HIV or hepatitis since being exposed to endoscopic cleaning mistakes at three VA hospitals, including one in Miami.

But advocates for veterans contend the VA should also pledge disability and damage payments.

My Grandfather is a WW2 vet. The VA has treated him well at times other times he has had shoddy care.

One thing that seems pretty funny is how the VA won't prescribe more then 30 pills of a certain type of medication a month (the medication is a weak benzo - it is prescribed for anxiety and to help him sleep. In Florida it is classified under Schedule IV. Florida Schedule IV Definition: The drug or other substance has a low potential for abuse).

There excuse is that it's a highly abused narcotic (which is a lie) and there policy does not allow them to prescribe more then 30 per month.

So they are denying my 100 year old WW2 vet Grandfather medication he needs based on there 'policy' and the potential that my Grandfather 'may' abuse it. What a joke.

My Grandfather has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and doesn't have long to live (according to the doctors anyway). Pancreatic cancer is supposedly very painful. Are they going to deny my Grandfather morphine and other painkillers when the time comes?

Fortunately we have the means for when the time comes we have a local doctor that will make sure my Grandfather is comfortable and in as little pain as possible and will not have to rely on the VA and there draconian policy's.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

And what is even sadder is the Jews who claim to hate the Nazis, can't even see it. So either they are in it, or they are blind.

But I have yet to hear from any top Jewish official warning us of the similarities to Hitler in the rise of the false pres, Obama.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

Your poor Grandfather, I sure do empathize with your frustrations regarding the VA.

Its a travesty that we can ask men and women to go out and risk their lives for this country and arm them with state of the art over priced weaponry and munitions, protect them with shoddy body armor and vehicles, and then turn around and give them substandard medical care and view them as potential terrorists to boot.

There are simply far too many rules governing everything in the country and they are so confusing and so self defeating that it really is obvious the only thing the rules serve is the government and the corporations for the sole purpose of unfairly treating the people and creating an uneven playing field.

If your grandfather fought and risked his life and served this country he should have all the pills he wants and if he wants to chew them like tic tacs and give them away to friends and neighbors and relatives (cause lets face it people should always share especially fun things they aren't supposed to share) well that should be his business and his right, and if he hasn't earned it through his risk and sacrifice then who the heck is free in this country?

No one!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I remain confused as to what constitutes a credible source for many posters.

This guy gives an interview on FOX claiming "Pelosi thugs" came to his house in the middle of the night. Nancy Pelosi is so terrified of this guy that she sends thugs after him? Does that seem rational?

It seems to me that folks BS meter is turned off when it comes to these debates and what constitutes "credible" is simply whatever supports a given narrow world view ....and what is considered BS is anything that doesn't support a given world view.

How about just examining and researching the evidence and facts for veracity...and let them lead you to conclusions and opinions...rather than starting with an opinion and throwing yourself blindly behind whatever BS looks to support it.

Wouldn't that be a self-respecting and honest way to move through life?

Wouldn't that be Denying ignorance?

So many pawns in the "culture wars" and the partisan divide...and not just the ignorant, their is a near eagerness among some folks to champion BS...that is the sad part.

Edit: To indicate the interview was on Fox.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritwomyn
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

And what is even sadder is the Jews who claim to hate the Nazis, can't even see it. So either they are in it, or they are blind.

But I have yet to hear from any top Jewish official warning us of the similarities to Hitler in the rise of the false pres, Obama.

Whoa! That sounds like a credibility-damaging remark. The fact that some Jewish people don't agree with your interpretation of events certainly does not make them co-conspirators. In fact, Jewish groups have condemned all parties who are using the Nazi rhetoric. I would suggest it's stupid whether it comes from Pelosi or Limbaugh.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritwomyn

In fact, not only don't many of them see it, they are BEHIND it!
Rahm Emanuel is probably more responsible than any person on Earth for what is going on. He is Obama's chief of staff, and pulls the strings on just about every dirty trick in the book. It is his trademark. They don't call him Dead Fish for nothing.
Not only is he Jewish, but he spent a great deal of time in Israel, working with the Israeli army, honing his tactics. In his book, he describes what he wants for America regarding Civilian Youth Corps. It comes right out of the book Hitler's regime wrote, when the Hitler Youth was created.

It is indeed ironic and seemingly inexplicable that Israel and many Jewish politicians have adopted the exact SAME tactics used by the Nazis that they so seemingly despise. It has to make you wonder what is going on, doesn't it?

Perhaps they believe that Hitler's tactics were very powerful, and that somehow they can avoid the same fate that landed Hitler and Germany in the trash heap of history.

Those that fail to learn from the mistakes of history are doomed to repeat them. If America allows this Nazification of our country to continue, American will suffer the same fate as Germany did in 1945.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

First not everyone is born of the same reasoning skills.

Second people like to give a name to where they think evil comes from.

Christians might say the Devil sent these men.

Neocons might say Terrorists sent these men.

Yet one thing is clear and that is that Democratic leaders are urging a response an organized response to right wing and independent protesters and encouraging those responses be more effective than the protests.

So while no Nancy Pelosi did not pick up a telephone and say "Go intimidate this old man" what she did do and many Democratic Leaders are doing is 'encouraging' responses to protesters that one up them.

Now since the left already says that the protesters that are from the right and left are being loud and disruptive the only way you can one up some one who is loud and disruptive is by escalating it to the next level and that is violence and intimidation.

Now the reality is that Nancy Pelosi and Democratic Party Leaders like her are being irresponsible because their clarion call to action and arms is bound to be interpeted differently by different people who feel it is either a license or encouragement to do just what was done.

Its doubtful the man is making it up. Its likely something close to what he is trying to communicate happened to him. It is also likely that the people involved took their inspiration from irresponsible rhetoric coming from the Democrat Leadership that causes Democratic Activists and other related sociapahts and sychopaths to feel entitled and empowered to step over the line and threaten and use violence against people who are doing nothing but exercising their right to free speech.

You can cry all you want that they are exercising their right wrong that it is too loud, that it is purposefully disruptive, that it makes it harder for others who then have to wait there turn to be heard when the comotion dies down, but hey...guess what that is what free speech is about, people speaking.

This is about the left wanting to legislate and control everything including free speech.

The left seems to have the mindset where they can figure out how evil and deception can be carried out in the world and accuse others except themselves of resorting to it, but seems totally ignorant to the fact that if you can make up these far fetched theories to attempt to dismiss someones real life experience then yes the left is very capable of thinking and acting in those very evil ways it loves to decry and obviously is.

No one is above or beyond reproach left or right, and the left really needs to get off it's pedastool and come down to earth.

Trials and juries deliberate these things, and they should deliberate these things, dismissing them out of hand because they are inconvenient to an agenda and image is just plain evil.

[edit on 11/8/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join