It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protester on Fox: Pelosi 'Thugs' Came In 'Middle Of The Night,' Health Care Plan 'Sentences Our

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
The way the process is supposed to work is the representative is supposed to educate the public to the nature of the bill...

The public's task is to inform said representative what they think of it and to offer feedback...

Their actions also prevent those who are there to learn more about it from being informed.

I think you got it all wrong.
The way it's also supposed to work is that elected officials are supposed to make decisions that are for the people. It isn't like that right now.

Nature of the bill? what bill? Is it finished up and all polished?
There's NO BILL yet, there are just unfinished BILLS.

In my opinion you got it all wrong

Educate the people on how the loss of choice and freedom with this healthcare plan is good for them?

ya ok there bud

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbot

Just had to say that as soon as you show one shred of evidence that the insurance companies are behind the protestors, I may give you an attaboy, but until then-not.

The only evidence that I have seen is Obama backers-SEIU, ACORN, and Union members-have been causing problems and stacking the crowds at these debates, kind of reminds me of press conferences-stacking the deck.

WHAT ABOUT THE MOVIE-WAG THE DOG-WE ARE ALL IN A MOVIE ITS CALLED DESTROY THE US-PRODUCED BY THE DEMS AND REPUBS

As for this person on FAUX who knows? Faux is about the only one that will give # to both parties, but they are still part of the government propaganda wing.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This is really scary, but I'm one of the 47 million people in this country, who has NO medical insurance. Please don't forget about us.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Ok, if he's reported it, it should be public record.
When is someone going to release his report or look into it?

I'd really like to know - public NEEDS to know - who he is saying came to his house, when, and how.

It's not public while it's being investigated. It is at the discretion of the agency that it was reported to whether to release any details.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueangel7

They'll forget about you. To listen to them, it's your fault for not having health insurance. You don't work for a corporation that offers it, you are too lazy to work for it, or you lack the personal responsibility to get it.

For them, the system works fine the way it is. They like high health care costs because it keeps the rabble out.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Janitor From Mars

Have you not read any of the threads, of course you have but do not care to learn anything. Have you ever tried to talk to one of our reps-if you do not lick their boots and agree 100% with the crap their feeding you-it is useless. Lie, Obfuscate, Deny, Attack, and than lie some more. That is what you get from politicians.

It seems to me like the right wing just loves to start trouble and mess things up when they don't get what they want or when they listen too much to the punditry.

Lo and behold-I call thee a baiter troll. Possibly another plant. Divide and conquer. I think we as posters should keep the baiting and attacks down. This is what our government wants us to do. Right wing is not the correct terminology. Its constitutionalist or libertarian. Notice their is no social- in front of the -ist.

C'mon people now join together right now.
We have to rid our government of people that keep writing UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAWS
If our government does not follow laws-SHOULD WE?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
reply to post by Blueangel7

They'll forget about you. To listen to them, it's your fault for not having health insurance. You don't work for a corporation that offers it, you are too lazy to work for it, or you lack the personal responsibility to get it.

For them, the system works fine the way it is. They like high health care costs because it keeps the rabble out.

I agree that "they will forget me"! Point One - I'm desperately looking for a job. Point Two - desperately looking for a job. Point three - I did have medical insurance, $300/month, can no longer afford it, family member got cancer and died, son is ill. Things happen in life, life is not perfect, so it seems really selfish that certain people are so narrow minded. They just think that "oh, well, you're just lazy" or "why won't you just get a job". I have relatives who are fighting this, and sending out e-mails, etc. Why? Because they are doctors. They want to hang on to their privileged existence. I said, "well, I have NO insurance at all, so any insurance is better than NO insurance". They could care less about me, or my situation. Some people just seem very selfish about this plan! Last night on the news, it said that 47 million people have no insurance. Something must be done!

This is very scary, though. Last night, we were talking about John Titor, and the things he said about Martial Law and Civil War, etc. I know the timing is off, but it did seem a little surreal, hearing the angry protestors at the town meetings!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Wasn't there a thread on the front page almost all day yesterday that discussed how strange it is that stories from MSM (Fox News) are now being posted here as if they are legit alternative news topics? This is ridiculous and childish name calling:
"You and your supporters are like thugs"
"Oh, yeah, you and your supporters are Nazi goons"
"Oh, yeah, well you and Obama want to kill my grandparents so you're EVIL"
Well, you and all the Republicans are just sore losers who do whatever Rush Limbaugh tells you to do"
"Do not"
"Do too"
(Slap fight ensues)
There are real problems out there and maybe health care reform is the biggest among them (maybe not), but as long as you are getting your info/talking points directly from MSM sources, it doesn't belong on ATS. Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

These protests are to prevent the education of the public by their representatives of the nature of the health care bill...

There really is no health care bill Grover. There are 5 different versions of the Bill all of them still in committees all of them still being tweaked and NONE of them any where near ready to go to vote.

Now that is an undisputed fact that has been put out by Government and the Media.

So it really does beg the question how can anyone left or right, pro or con educate anyone to the nature of the Bill when there is no Bill...

This is simply about the radical political left seeking to quash all dissent and free speech and it really is that because there are enough Democrats in the White House, Congress and Senate to pass anything that they want to.

Republicans can't stop it, only Democrats can't stop it.

So what exactly is it that the left is so concerned about?????

FREE SPEECH.

The left loves to have sites like Fact Check, and Reality Check and you really have to wonder when the left is going to GET WITH REALITY and CHECK THE FACTS....

THAT THERE IS NO BILL

This is about the right to free speech and protest in America.

Many of us are for free speech and protest even if it's disruptive if it takes being disruptive to get the point across that THERE IS NO BILL and PEOPLE WANT TO SEE A REAL BILL FIRST.

Sadly many of us seem to now believe free speech is only allowed when it suits our desire to speak. Many of us now seem to believe protest should only be allowed when its what we want to protest.

This is nothing but a left/right divide argument propelled by a cult of personality leader because THERE IS NO BILL TO DEBATE...

Anyone who could comprehend BASIC FACTS and was being REALISTIC would know that you can't debate nothing.

There is nothing to debate because there is no bill and the heart of these protests because of that can only be one thing.

Free speech versus mandatory compliance.

You might favor the mandatory compliance to a cult of personality dictator when he is your kind of dictator...where are you going to be at though my friend when it's not your kind of dictator.

Still in the dog house!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

As it stands right now all I have heard or read about the bills before congress are either gross exaggerations to damn it (Palin's comments for example) or gross simplifications from its supporters...The web is no help since it is so filled with disinformation both ways and talk radio or faux news certainly aren't valid sources and the ways bills are written in legalese that you need a law dictionary to translate it...

Therefore the only way to get any real information (and it certainly is not here on ATS either) is to talk to your congressperson and when that option is eliminated by a bunch of screaming hysterical fools what is left?

Understand this all of you...

No...absolutely no heath care bill presented before congress is perfect...and none will be because all of the special interests are going to meddle on their own behalf and no one else...certainly not yours or mine...

This is a sad fact BUT at the same time you are having smoke blown up your asses by the GOP...the hard right...the talk radio blah blah blah's and the vested interests to oppose the bills...

Why? The GOP isn't interested in you...they just want to embarrass Obama...the same is true of the hard right and the mush loosebowels of the radio and web.

As for the vested interests...if the bill is shot down nothing will change and they will continue reaping obscene profits and meanwhile your health care will get worse and worse.

Yes the bill is flawed but all of them are...but it is better than nothing and if the vested interests have their way that is all you will get.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

We are having smoke blown at us by a Democratic controlled congress and senate that can't even get together to utilize their majority to complete a Bill by the end of July deadline their Democratic President Gave them and the Republicans and Independents are being scape goated for the democrats lack of competency and effeciency.

Who is blowing smoke here my friend?

There is no Bill and there are not enough Republicans to have stopped a Bill and there will not be enough Republicans to stop a Bill.

This is about the hardcore liberal left trying to keep there own party members in Congress and the Senate from defecting on them because of BAD IDEAS.

That's the fire...

I think you already know where the smoke is coming from.

Woof, woof!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well I for one certainly cannot count on the GOP or the hard right to be honest commentators on the process...

The web is too full of disinformation...including here...I cannot count on your comments to be anymore disinterested than mine...

The news media has been reduced down to sound bites that tell you nothing and news commentators who seem to think their opinions are the news...

So what is left?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
We really need a realistic, down-to-earth, common sense plan for medical care that EVERYONE can afford! I am a conservative, right-wing, evangelical, but I need health care, and while they're at it, they may as well start working on a free university plan, also! We have to get realistic here!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well I for one certainly cannot count on the GOP or the hard right to be honest commentators on the process...

The web is too full of disinformation...including here...I cannot count on your comments to be anymore disinterested than mine...

The news media has been reduced down to sound bites that tell you nothing and news commentators who seem to think their opinions are the news...

So what is left?

Once again the REAL FINALIZED BILL if there really was one would be all the COMMENTARY real people need to READ and decide for themselves with out the NANNY STATE to the LEFT or the RIGHT helping us to decide based on there ratings and how well they run their so called news shows to act like the Next Oprah Winfrie show.

People in fact are ripping apart the nation from both the left and the right with all the COMMENTARY.

You don't need to trust anyone's commentary when you can read in black and white what it is you have questions about.

The reality is the Democrats brought this all on themselves by stating the urgency to hit a time goal that their own incompetence and lack of preplanning and strategy made them miss NOT REPUBLICANS.

Had the democratically controlled White House, House and Senate actually been functioning in a competent manner it wouldn't have been set up where Representatives have to face concerned constituents with nothing but COMMENTARY on something that really doesn't exist.

The left is really more guilty than the right here because the LEFT DROPPED THE BALL...

Now we all have to suffer the same dramatics of the election of this is 'NOT FOUR MORE YEARS OF GEORGE BUSH'S HEALTH PLAN' 'IT WON'T BE THIS' and it 'WON'T BE THAT'...gee that's nice...

WHAT THE HECK WILL IT BE CAN YOU SHOW ME...

Ah no...we are working on it

Laugh out loud if I was a Democrat I would be furious that my party bumbled this, this badly and the only thing left for me to do is make up stories about how wrong and bad it is for independents and republicans and democrats with critical minds and real questions to doubt the cult of personality leadership and that's all that is going on grover because THERE IS NO BILL and it really is the DEMOCRATS fault there is NO BILL because they really do CONTROL THE WHITE HOUSE, HOUSE AND SENATE.

That's a fact, bow-wow-wow.

Snarling isn't going to help in this one just make matters worse...fetching as in fetching the REAL BILL that's actually going to be VOTED ON sure would...oh and my slippers too please!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The GOP isn't interested in you...they just want to embarrass Obama...the same is true of the hard right and the mush loosebowels of the radio and web.

That may be true to some degress but it's same tactics as before.

Still there is something to be said about a group of folks trying so hard and so desperate to push a bill as quickly as possible.
It's obvious there is something in there for them they are not telling us about, so WHY give them what they want if they, likewise, are not interested in you/us?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I personally am in favor of extending medicare/medicaid to all Americans or the VA system or turn the Public Health Service into what its name suggests.

All three are already in place and would not need to be cobbled together...just adequate funding.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7
We really need a realistic, down-to-earth, common sense plan for medical care that EVERYONE can afford! I am a conservative, right-wing, evangelical, but I need health care, and while they're at it, they may as well start working on a free university plan, also! We have to get realistic here!

I think what we need is a reform for what we have already in place. A broken Medicare & Medicaid reformed to offer a basic universal healthcare program for Americans(not illegals). Those with out or those who decline their premium choice healthcare can get on government care. More choice is always good. I think just about no one has a problem with this. The issue is what is in place and how these traitors go about ramming it through all the while opting out of this crap care for themselves. Right there is the biggest red flag. Another major concern is it's no secret that anything the government touches, they corrupt and ruin. Do we really want these guys i100% in charge of our health?

As far as these union goons. People, you have to understand you must stand up for yourself and not back down from these tatics. More times then not, these guys will cower and back down when confronted. I only know because of years of experience working in the trades on non union jobs. I remember after my first year of college going out and working with a family friend who ran his own business. These union tards would show up, chests pumped up, knuckle cracking, and trying to get us to join. I thought for sure it was going to get ugly. Sure enough, the old man on our crew was taking off his tool belt, I asked if we were going go out and help the old man and the owner said no, watch this. This old man had those union guys high tailing back to their cars. Everytime these goons showed up, same old song and dance, he'd(and we at times) run them off the jobs. They're all bark and not to bright.

btw, rip old man, they sure don't make guys like him anymore. lol

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I take it you have never relied on VA medical services? I went to the emergency room at the VA Hospital here in RI for a broken leg. I was waiting for 10 hours. After that I decided to use private health insurance. My quality of care is better than the government run fiasco.

Also some months back I received a letter in the mail stating that the VA computer systems were compromised by a stolen laptop that was stolen from someone that brought it home illegally. That has happend Twice in the past few years.

The VA system is broken, the medicare, and medicade systems are broken. Why would you offer those as an alternative. If it is already proven to not work, why implement it? There has to be a better method of reform.

I agree there needs to be reform, but from the bills they have in the works I cannot agree with their current approach.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Doom and Gloom]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

To be honest, the shouters that we have seen videos of, the ones acting like complete children are in fact ruining what could very well have been a very cathartic process otherwise. If the ones who are deserving of it were shown to be the little ineffectual public servants they are, then more people might be swayed.

I think that's the problem..

" the shouters that we have seen videos of",

That's ALL we ever see video of, there is no media coverage of the rational people speaking their minds.
To be honest, based on your post history, (and please don't take this personal because it isn't meant to be) to me it seems like you are an intelligent person caught in a partisan trap. You see what you see because of where you find it, and fail to recognize and adjust for the partisan nature of the source and also the vulturistic nature of the media.

Between the lines and the Big Picture so to speak...

As a frequenter of these Internets, I am sure you are aware of the rancor against republicans and conservatives right now.. we are all evil rich scumbags who kick puppies in our spare time, all our ideas are stupid and we are all religious nut-balls with no ability to form a cohesive thought.

The truth is that the people who fit that bill.. are the LOUDEST! The crazies always ARE the loudest. And the media goes for the story. To all of our detriments. Even Jon Stewart (beloved and most "trusted") goes to this well too often.
He has bought into the idea that ALL of the town hall meetings are being corrupted and none of them have any actual debate going on. But does he bring up any valid points? Show any video of a conservative with a real viewpoint, a real concern?

Same goes for Keith Olbermann and have even seen it reported on similarly on CBS (shocker, I know) NO ONE gives any thought to the REAL concerns REAL people have. No one addresses them, they are grouped together waved away as "euthanasia nonsense".

Don't like that the deficit will go up.. "There go those crazy false rumors again"
Don't like that individual costs will go up.. "There go those crazy false rumors again"
Don't like that health insurance might be taxed to fund this .. "RACIST!!!"

Do you realize the damage being done to this country when any concern is returned with accusations of racism, class-ism and outright "greedy" motivations. The media crap isn't helping either side. This is WORSE than when Bush was in office and I didn't think that was possible. Before Obama, it was perfectly OK for Code Pink and 100's of other groups to disrupt any rally, meeting or appearance by any conservative promoting anything (even their own book tour)
Pie in the face got "look how funny this is" coverage.

Now, anyone promoting ANY dissent seems to be labeled instantly as a puppet, racist or mindless Fox news Robot (and lest we not forget "Un-American).

It's funny how just a year ago, Liberals were all whining about being called Un-American for protesting? (when no one actually called them that) But here we are with the SOTH calling dissenters "Un-American"

Do you not see this? Can't any Liberal see this?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by km1550
In my opinion, this guy is nothing more than a right-wing, racist using his son's misfortune for the purpose of garnering media attention.

He was out of line.

Leave it to Faux News.

What is with the thought process here or lack thereof. Did anyone ACTUALLY listen to what he was stating about the question he was asking?

He is worried that the "right to life", PROTECTED by the Constituion would be abolished, which MEANS, you have NO RIGHT!!!!

DUH.

OMFG, what don't you people get, racist, loud, out of line? I need not even ask the obvious question here. Does anyone even know what happened in 1776? Can anyone remember the founding fathers and their intelligence to this tyranical crap.

WE do not need insurance companies and WE do not NEED the government telling US what or how it's going to be. FREE and SOVEREIGN, know what that means? This guy wasn't wrong and he was not out of line. I believe he was telling the truth, anyone remember Hoffa?

And the term "thug" comes from the gangs of the 20's/30's. Boy do some people need an education. Sadly they will never know the truth because to do so, you would need to understand plausibilty, common sense and deductive reasoning.

This isn't about republican or democrat, it's about the Constitution and the freedom of the people to choose and to live life as best they know how. Just for a moment can we not all stop throwing crap and step back and just look at what we have done?

Be real, be kind to your neighbor, help out those less fortunate when you can, we do not NEED government to do that. If we all paid attention to what was going on and stopped those in "power" from going overboard, what a great world it would be. Think about that for a while.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by daddio]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join