It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protester on Fox: Pelosi 'Thugs' Came In 'Middle Of The Night,' Health Care Plan 'Sentences Our

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
What a crock of nonsense...if someone believes this piece of blatant disinfo from faux news you will believe all sorts of foolish things like Obama was born in Kenya.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
In my honest opinion, I think the white house is going to move in on the people first. These protests seem to be striking a nerve with the current administration.

I don't understand.. you were all supportive of the "angry mobs" at the town halls. And now you are not supportive of other people speaking their minds?

Where is the proof of someone showing up in the middle of the night? Hearsay doesn't count.

Town hall meetings have almost always been raucaus affairs, except for the last 30/40 years. People attending these meeting have generally stood up to the Congressmen and Senators passionately, and the Legislators, instead of quaking in their boots, would explain their positions.

I was, and still am, supportive of the people who attend townhalls and stand up to speak their minds, regardless of which side they are on. But if the story about thugs coming to the door in the middle of the is true(and will admit that it could be hearsay. This morning is the first time I have heard of it) then let me say that the man would probably been within his rights to have used force to protect his family.

Pelosi has called those of us who spoke out against the health carebill and cap and trade unamerican, as did my own senator, Blanche Lincoln of Arkansas. What gives them the right to call us unamerican for excercising our 1st amendment rights?

To me, this indicates a fundamental change in the way our lawmakers look at the American people, the ones who elect them, the ones who pay their salaries, and the ones for whom they work. It is a frightening change.

If you love your country, fear your government, and want to return this country to the form of government where our elected officials work for us, and KNOW IT, get ready for the revolution, and pray that it will be peaceful. I fear it will not.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

While I can't prove it, since the new programs only show sound bites of people shouting, I tend to believe that the shouting started, in most cases, because the legislators at the town hall meeting were dancing around the questions, putting the typical political spin on everthing.
We have the right, and the obligation, to ask questions, and demand straight answers to those questions.
Some of us will know, since many of us have put our names out there, and we are not hard to track down. Let "union thugs" come to my door and threaten me. I will deal with them. Let LEO's come to my door. I will deal with them, especially if they don't have a warrant.
Americans need to be asking if they are willing to stand up for themselves and their neighbors.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janitor From Mars
It seems to me like the right wing just loves to start trouble and mess things up when they don't get what they want or when they listen too much to the punditry.

O'rly? And pray-tell what do liberals do when they don't like something? They protest? I should know, I spent a good number of years protesting the Bush admin and raising a huge ruckus.

As I have said before on other threads, I'm tired of the hypocrisy here. These people have a right to stand up and protest against something they disagree with. They have a right to scream, argue, etc to get their point across. I may not agree with everything they say, but I defend their right to say it. And you should too. This entire b/s is the tipping point for losing freedom of speech in this country. When someone comes rapping on your door in the middle of the night to threaten you about speaking your peace then maybe you'll be more concerned about it?

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Asherah]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Can you travel to Washingto to get a meeting with your congressman? Or even to one of the regional offices. Travel is difficult for many people, and the cost of gasoline makes it worse.
How long am I going to have wait for a meeting at one of the regional offices? Hell, the bill I want to talk about may have been passed by the time I get to talk to him.
My legislators all say the best way to contact them is to email them with questions or concerns. Great. I ask the questions, but I never get a reply! A town hall meeting may be the only place I get a face to face.
(My legislators are hiding out or scheduling invitation only meetings.)

[edit on 11-8-2009 by kettlebellysmith]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
GOP nonsense.

People are shouting at the top of their lungs based in their own prejudice and ignorance.

has anyone addressed any of the points in the health care bill? no.
why not? why are people just b;eating and footstamping like idiots?

Or maybe, that's just how the media wants to portray it because they aren't in teh business of showing you good things in everyday life, they would rather you remain terrified and ready to do what they suggest you do.

the enemies of an america that acts sanely are the corporate heads who want the control of the hearts and minds in order to ,take your money.

It's very odd.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Let's remember this, it would be entirely stupid to get on a new station and announce that you've made a report to the police about an incident if it didn't happen. He'd be into trouble for filing a false report, for one. I have no reason to doubt that the man is being honest, for reasons I don't care to go into here.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
What garbage!!!!!!!! Just an ugly lie! Cant believe people fall for this crap like that Kenya birth certificate!

Jeeze, I wonder why western civilization is in a melt down!
Dar Dar! Maybe do some self educating. Funny how these lies bring the crazies out! Pathetic how uninformed some get.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
While this man is obviously upset, I do not understand what his issues are and why he believes that his son is being left out the bill? He is not mad that reform is in the works. He seems mad that his family may be left out of it.

Is he right? Will his son be left out?

While he made a police report, what evidence is there to connect whoever came to his house with Pelosi? How do we know his conclusions and accusations are valid?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Of course they have the right to protest...no one I know is disputing that...what they don't have is the right to disrupt the town hall meetings to the point that the people who are actually there to learn something can't...

AND that is what this so called protest movement is all about...to prevent the public from actually being educated about the plan...

and they are certainly not educating anyone with their loud mouth tactics.

It will blow up on them mark my word.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by Asherah

Of course they have the right to protest...no one I know is disputing that...what they don't have is the right to disrupt the town hall meetings to the point that the people who are actually there to learn something can't...

AND that is what this so called protest movement is all about...to prevent the public from actually being educated about the plan...

and they are certainly not educating anyone with their loud mouth tactics.

It will blow up on them mark my word.

Oh, okay. Like the liberal loud mouthed tactics? LOL I'm so sorry to tell you this, but their behavior is absolutely no different than protests I took part in with gazzillions of others against Bush and co.

The public is getting educated about this plan. Obama has been speaking with the public. You can go to his page and watch his videos. The problem is, these people are asking questions, and they are not being given answers. You know, the truth.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
In my opinion, this guy is nothing more than a right-wing, racist using his son's misfortune for the purpose of garnering media attention.

He was out of line.

Leave it to Faux News.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

They most certainly are different...

We were protesting bush minor's policies...his illegal use of wire taps...secret prisons...unprovoked invasion of another country on trumped up charges etc. I say we because I took part in protests against bush minor's policies as well.

These protests are to prevent the education of the public by their representatives of the nature of the health care bill...

to give those representatives the impression that there is more public opposition to the bill than there actually is...

In short they are not protests....

they are acts of obstruction and as such have no place in the public discourse where the goal is to educate, inform and advise.

In short they are antithetical to the democratic process not part of it...

If it were part of it they would register their protests but still allow the give and take process of educate, inform and advise as opposed to preventing it all together...

After all there are people who are there to learn and they are preventing that.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by grover]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Actually, I'll ignore them and speak it anyway.

Which is what these people should do.

After all, why in the blue hell should we listen to anyone that tells us that we can't speak our minds?

Who has that kind of authority?

Stop crying and say whatever the hell you want.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Janitor From Mars]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Wait..... What???

Tell me, who will be doing the educating and who will be doing the learning?

Please tell me, i'm curious
i hope your answer isn't that it's the people avoiding giving straight answers that will be doing the educating, please enlighten me

[edit on 11-8-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I find the use of the Limbaugh-esque term THUG to be interesting. Seems everyone jumped on this word after Rush decided to start dropping it. Not saying its strictly his term, but all the sudden it pops up like weeds after he drops in a couple times on the air. Coincidence?

And at least people can protest at the event instead of being courted off to some field somewhere in a "designated protest zone." You really want to talk about un-American...permits to protest? designated protest areas? yeah, right... I think I woke up from my coma a few decades too early.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
One more thought on Faux Noise:

Leave 'em in the dust.

They're just going to exploit you and your feelings for THEIR agenda.

They are not any more truthful than any other cable news outlet.

Waking up means leaving scumbags like Uncle Rupert and Co. in the dust.

In fact, you might as well discard your political card and shed the wings (left and right).

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The way the process is supposed to work is the representative is supposed to educate the public to the nature of the bill...

The public's task is to inform said representative what they think of it and to offer feedback...

In such a context the protests that prevent any such give and take obstruct the process and give the impression merely by their noise that there are more people are opposed to it than actually are...

Their actions also prevent those who are there to learn more about it from being informed.

People really don't know what a town hall meeting is supposed to be like anymore since we have gotten away from such basic form of democracy...

When I attended my first town meeting up in Maine in the late 70's I asked an old Yankee farmer what was going to happen...

He said..."You have the right to say anything you want and I have the right to tell you that you're a damned fool."

[edit on 11-8-2009 by grover]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
At least these congress critters, so far, haven't had their stages rushed and had pies thrown in their faces. You know, the tactics used by leftists when a conservative is invited to speak at an event.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Grover, I have to agree wholeheartedly with your assesment. I really feel for that man. Something has him so passionate about this bill that he can only resort to the rather loud hijacking of a townhall.

That is NOT the way to to do it. (Assuming your elected officials care) How is shouting and screaming and not allowing anyone else to speak going to solve anything? Vigorous and passionate discussion is a wonderful tool in Town Halls (I remember some great ones from the 80s). Discussion. Two sides talking back and forth.

Americans are rightfully angry - I know I am! However, I will not allow myself to succumb to the mob tactics I see on tv.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join