It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protester on Fox: Pelosi 'Thugs' Came In 'Middle Of The Night,' Health Care Plan 'Sentences Our

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Great find, thank you

It's wonderful to hear this from a liberal, maybe some here should listen to her words.

And what do Democrats stand for, if they are so ready to defame concerned citizens as the "mob" -- a word betraying a Marie Antoinette delusion of superiority to ordinary mortals. I thought my party was populist, attentive to the needs and wishes of those outside the power structure. And as a product of the 1960s, I thought the Democratic party was passionately committed to freedom of thought and speech.

But somehow liberals have drifted into a strange servility toward big government, which they revere as a godlike foster father-mother who can dispense all bounty and magically heal all ills. The ethical collapse of the left was nowhere more evident than in the near total silence of liberal media and Web sites at the Obama administration's outrageous solicitation to private citizens to report unacceptable "casual conversations" to the White House. If Republicans had done this, there would have been an angry explosion by Democrats from coast to coast. I was stunned at the failure of liberals to see the blatant totalitarianism in this incident, which the president should have immediately denounced. His failure to do so implicates him in it.

How is it possible that Democrats, through their own clumsiness and arrogance, have sabotaged healthcare reform yet again? Blaming obstructionist Republicans is nonsensical because Democrats control all three branches of government. It isn't conservative rumors or lies that are stopping healthcare legislation; it's the justifiable alarm of an electorate that has been cut out of the loop and is watching its representatives construct a tangled labyrinth for others but not for themselves. No, the airheads of Congress will keep their own plush healthcare plan -- it's the rest of us guinea pigs who will be thrown to the wolves.

www.salon.com...

There's one part in particular where she kinda sounds as if she's been listening to Protoplasmic Traveler

[edit on 8/12/2009 by chise61]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Your letter is only missing one thing:

The bottom line is, if our own elected officials are exempt from this policy, then there is something WRONG with the plan. I will not support a government health care policy that does not require every politician in the entire country be on that plan, and only that plan.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
... Rahm Emanuel belongs in Israel or running a Jewlery Store in the Diamond District of any U.S. City or selling paraphenillia or trinkets on some strip or mall where he can spy to his hearts content on the U.S. but NOT IN THE WHITE HOUSE!

A not-so-subtle racist remark.

You must be proud. I don't think I have any interest in what you have to say anymore.

I defy you to explain to me how questioning the wisdom and security of having a foreign national, which is what an Israeli citizen is, working in high security and sensitive positions of government is racist.

It is a matter of national security, we do not let chinese foreign nationals, russian foreign nationals, turkish foreign nationals or any other foreign nationals work in our government. They are either exclusively a citizen here or inelligble for office.

There is no state of Israel in the United States.

I am very proud of my self for you see I have figured all that out, all by myself

It's a shame you can't.

You might want to get a gastro intestinal checkup all that silly righteous indignation could lead to ulcers.

This is the United States of America for Pete's sake, the fact that you can't figure out a foreigner is a foreigner with out being intimidated by their reverse racist double speak to cower you into submission to a foreign agenda doesn't mean I can't.

I am an American silly.

Trix are for kids.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nivcharah
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Your letter is only missing one thing:

The bottom line is, if our own elected officials are exempt from this policy, then there is something WRONG with the plan. I will not support a government health care policy that does not require every politician in the entire country be on that plan, and only that plan.

Congress exempts itself from everything from parking tickets to postage to well, really just about everything us plebes and slaves must endure.

Power has it's privelages. I wonder if they will all fight to be in first in line for the Guillotine? Love to see them vote an exemption for them on that the way things are headed for them these days.

I wouldn't let the government treat me medically if I had 2 arms and 2 legs falling off. Call me stumpy or call me dead, I would rob a bank first to pay for a real doctor of my choice before I would let the government handle it for me.

Asking the government to take care of your health would be like askign Al Capone to help you out with a tax problem. A real dumb idea!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Before I get into any of the weeds, I just want to say thank you for your thoughtful and respectful reply. I wish this sort of dialog was more common here. Having said that, I will reply inline below.

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by JohnnyElohim

Connecting those two things to the harms of Nazi Germany is, frankly, unrealistic and unfair.

Actually, I believe that the comparison is fair. On page 1 of this thread, I explained my reason. Let me repeat it again, so that it is on the same page, and hopefully you will see what I was referring to. It is the sending of union thugs to beat up protesters that I compare to what Hitler did with the brown shirts:

What is happening now, is the unleashing of Obama's Brown Shirts, to intimidate and instill fear. Of course, the final intent is to stifle all opposition to his complete takeover of the United States, and the ultimate elimination of free speech. One need only look at the history of Germany in the 1930's to see how similar the situation is. Germany was in the midst of a depression, with hyper-inflation making the German mark worthless. Banks were nationalized-sound familiar? Taxes were raised drastically. Hitler ascended to power, and immediately made plans to increase his power, and eliminate any opposition. He understood that he needed more than political allies to accomplish that- he needed thugs that would beat people up, and if necessary, kill them. Fear became his greatest weapon. Obama now has done the same, unleashing the first (SEIU) of what will be many groups of thugs. These scenes will become more and more frequent, as his UnterFuehrer, Rahm Emanuel carries out program of intimidation, fear and violence. It is ironic that his original thugs, the SA, was headed by a man named Rohm! Of course, after Rohm accomplished what Hitler wanted, he had Rohm assassinated. Maybe Rahm had better watch out. For those who say it is wrong to compare the current administration and his minions to the Nazis, I say that if the shoe fits, WEAR IT. The shoe fits. Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat its mistakes.

Let me add a fact that may make what I am claiming a little clearer regarding Rahm. Please view this 6 second Youtube:

Add all of those things together, and you will see why I said what I said. Furthermore, I am not saying all that are behind it are Jews, nor am I saying all Jews are behind it. what I AM saying is that there are Jews who ARE adopting Nazi-like tactics and using those tactics to intimidate people, just as I believe that Israel used Stormtrooper tactics in their invasion of Gaza, using of white phosphorus on civilian populations, and other such tactics, that have been reported by even Israeli newspapers. Those Jews that use such tactics (and only those) are trampling on the graves of those Jews who were victims of the Nazis. I do not in any way hate Jews, but I do despise anyone that uses those tactics, be they Jewish or otherwise. I responded to a post in an honest way. You may not agree with me, but it was not in any way a hateful post. It was my opinion. Period. Don't make more of it than it is.

What I will say, however, is that after reading my post, if I had re-read what I said, I would have changed this:

In fact, not only don't many of them see it, they are BEHIND it!

to this:

In fact, not only don't many of them see it, some of them are BEHIND it!

That is what my intention was, and I apologize it did not come out as I originally intended. I do apologize to anyone that was offended. I did not intend it as I originally posted it.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by ProfEmeritus]

Let me first say that I don't take you for an anti-semite. I believe you are being completely honest and forthright when you say you misspoke, and you'll hear no taught dismissals of your opinions from me on that account. I do disagree with your interpretation of what's going on with the "Town Hall Meetings". I don't like Rahm, either, and I do think Obama hired him intentionally. However, I think Obama is trying to do a lot of things the way that Lincoln did them, for better or worse. Rahm is a bulldog on a leash to Obama. He is useful in his forcefulness, but needs to be tempered. I think Obama has an eye towards keeping Rahm on that leash. Anything advanced as to whether this is in fact true would be speculation for either one of us, so take that as the opinion that it is. Regarding the "Union Thugs", I've done a lot of research on the matter. So far, I think using the SEIU people for security at these gatherings was a poor decision. I do not see any evidence of systemic intent to use them for intimidation purposes, however. I've only heard of a few incidents such as what you reference and they appear isolated to my mind. Having said that, they are there to keep rowdy people in order who have diametrically opposed interests and viewpoints, so I expect some oil and water. I think they made an unwise attempt to "keep it in the family", and I think it will be remembered as a preferential political decision with negative consequences. Where I differ from conservative punditry, however, is that I do not see a conspiracy to engage in Third Reich tactics. To me, this is yet another case of "Do not attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Regarding the Rahm clip, I think you're reading into it overly much. This is a chorus sung by all who acquire political power, not just Rahm. He just has a way of being blunt and unconcerned with how others might read him, which does not serve the Obama administration well.

In closing, I echo Mr. Gibbs' commentary: this discussion can occur without Nazi polemic. Either side engaging in this runs a huge risk of discrediting themselves. One should be very cautious to avoid crying wolf when it comes to Nazi comparisons.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

All this name calling is counterproductive.
Un-american / racists /mob blew up in their faces.
Wait a minute.....who was the genius that stood up and said
"I got! Let send some union thugs to the town hall meetings and
tell them to rough up the opponents to ObamaCare?"

What were they thinking?

<< 7  8  9   >>

join