It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Eclipses, Typhoons, Floods, Landslides, Earthquakes and Tsunamis across Asia, Coincidence?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Some of the latest headlines and stories of forces of nature at work in that part of the world. What do you think, is it just jixed at the moment or are people thinking maybe God has something to do with this? For some it might seem like the end of the world for the rest its just nature. Apparently the sunspots have gone, could the sun cycle have anything to do with it?

Don't forget the eclipse near there recently too, gravatational forces maybe pulling the sea and the fragile mantle of that part of the world?

'Hundreds lost' in Taiwan typhoon
Hundreds of people are feared dead in Taiwan after Typhoon Morakot triggered a mudslide that buried an entire village on the south-west coast.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Deadly storms sweep eastern Asia
Two strong storms across the Pacific region have left scores of people dead or missing.
At least 10 people have been killed in Japan in flash floods generated by the approaching tropical storm Etau.
Meanwhile Typhoon Morakot hit mainland China on Sunday, killing at least one child and prompting almost a million people to flee from coastal areas.
news.bbc.co.uk...

SKY NEWS

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre put India, Burma, Indonesia, Thailand and Bangladesh on alert for a possible tsunami following the first quake off the Andaman Islands. The warning was later lifted.

"Earthquakes of this size have the potential to generate a destructive local tsunami and sometimes a destructive regional tsunami along coasts located usually no more than 1,000km (about 600 miles) from the earthquake epicentre," the centre initially said.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Yes just coincidence. These are random events of nature, nothing more, nothing less. It is our nature to want to build trends of events together and say that there is a big picture to it, but alas it is nothing more than random events.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Some of the latest headlines and stories of forces of nature at work in that part of the world. What do you think, is it just jixed at the moment or are people thinking maybe God has something to do with this? For some it might seem like the end of the world for the rest its just nature. Apparently the sunspots have gone, could the sun cycle have anything to do with it?

Read this man's blogs, they seem a bit out there but they make sense. the beginning of the end has already begun. www.myspace.com/abstractopinions

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Don't forget the eclipse near there recently too, gravatational forces maybe pulling the sea and the fragile mantle of that part of the world?

'Hundreds lost' in Taiwan typhoon
Hundreds of people are feared dead in Taiwan after Typhoon Morakot triggered a mudslide that buried an entire village on the south-west coast.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Deadly storms sweep eastern Asia
Two strong storms across the Pacific region have left scores of people dead or missing.
At least 10 people have been killed in Japan in flash floods generated by the approaching tropical storm Etau.
Meanwhile Typhoon Morakot hit mainland China on Sunday, killing at least one child and prompting almost a million people to flee from coastal areas.
news.bbc.co.uk...

SKY NEWS

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre put India, Burma, Indonesia, Thailand and Bangladesh on alert for a possible tsunami following the first quake off the Andaman Islands. The warning was later lifted.

"Earthquakes of this size have the potential to generate a destructive local tsunami and sometimes a destructive regional tsunami along coasts located usually no more than 1,000km (about 600 miles) from the earthquake epicentre," the centre initially said.

Just normal natural events. however there is a very good reason why we get so many news about nature destroying us lately. It's because of our technological advances that we hear more about this than before. We practically have cameras and internet all over the world. It is very easy to pass information from one part of the world to another in a matter of seconds. While in the past, it was more difficult to inform the world about catastrophic events, so they were either ignored or not broadcasted to the majority of people.

Another reason for the increase on human deaths by natural disasters is that our species have propagated too much; we have practically multiplied and now we have a overpopulation problem in our hands. there are about 6 billion humans in this planet, although i think i heard somewhere we were already 7 billion. back then, when there were fewer people, disasters wouldn't kill so many. Think about this hypothetical situation, in a certain part of the world there are earthquakes daily, but humans did not live around there so there were no problems. however, after a while too many people were unable to live in a village, so they moved to a different sector. It just so happens that they moved to an earthquake-prone area.

the more people there are, the more areas in the world become populated. the more we become scattered the higher the chances of humans getting killed by natural events that before would not affect us.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What about my theory about the recent Solar Eclipse there possibly having an effect, was it an Oman or a sign for those people in that part of the world, what do you think now since these events?

Asia watches long solar eclipse
news.bbc.co.uk...

Amateur stargazers and scientists travelled far to see the eclipse, which lasted six minutes and 39 seconds at its maximum point.

The eclipse could first be seen early on Wednesday in eastern India.

It then moved east across India, Nepal, Burma, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Japan and the Pacific.

The eclipse first became total over India at 0053GMT, and was last visible from land at Nikumaroro Island in the South Pacific nation of Kiribati. It ended at 0418GMT.

Elsewhere, a partial eclipse was visible across much of Asia
Authorities in China, where an eclipse was a bad omen in ancient culture, reassured the public that services would run normally.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

What about my theory about the recent Solar Eclipse there possibly having an effect, was it an Oman or a sign for those people in that part of the world, what do you think now since these events?

Asia watches long solar eclipse
news.bbc.co.uk...

Amateur stargazers and scientists travelled far to see the eclipse, which lasted six minutes and 39 seconds at its maximum point.

The eclipse could first be seen early on Wednesday in eastern India.

It then moved east across India, Nepal, Burma, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Japan and the Pacific.

The eclipse first became total over India at 0053GMT, and was last visible from land at Nikumaroro Island in the South Pacific nation of Kiribati. It ended at 0418GMT.

Elsewhere, a partial eclipse was visible across much of Asia
Authorities in China, where an eclipse was a bad omen in ancient culture, reassured the public that services would run normally.

Eclipses only have an effect on human psychology in terms of the beliefs humans have. for example, people in that area of the world have certain superstitions such as eclipses being signs of good fortune or bad omen.
For the people in Asia, the eclipse was considered a sign of things to come. As a result of this line of thinking it was easy for them to connect unrelated natural disasters to the eclipse they experienced.

according to scientists, eclipses don't affect the Earth's tides or cause Earthquakes
www.gsfc.nasa.gov...

however, they do affect our temperatures by a very minuscule amount. so fortunately we don't have to worry about eclipses affecting our planet in negative ways.
If a person beliefs in superstitions, on the other hand, an eclipse can really be a very meaningful or scary experience.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Star, and flag to you. There really is something going on, and to the people above who chalk it up to being all natural, I can only say wait, and watch.

Mark my words, the events we see going on are nothing compared to the ramp up to 2012.

No fear mongering here, just reality.

knock the eclipse off to our psychological perceptions??? NOPE. Where I'm at the increase in animals being hit by cars since then, and during the recent full moon, have gone through the roof.

Are the animals effected by human psychology?

It's a matter of paying attention. The Earth is going through a paradigm shift. It's perfectly natural, and the stories from Genesis are close to expressing what it is all about.

People who continue to hide in modern science will end up going mad of sorts. Just like in Monty Python, "I'm not dead; YET!!!" as they haul the corpses away.

It just doesn't have to be that way. Modern science, and especially Psychology try to fit everything in a "standard size box". However, in reality it just doesn't work that way. There are tons of valid discoveries that get swept away to hoaxes because they don't quite fit into the box. Why????

One very deviant reason for sweeping discoveries under the rug, as hoaxes, is due to $$$$$$$. There are many people that built their scientific lives off of lies, and when a new concept comes along that make an entire carrier seem wasted in their perception, instead of embracing the new evidence, they turn ugly/nasty/Evil of sorts, and just sweep it away into hoaxes.

They do this so they can keep their 'precious' little box all clean.

Again, you started down a good road.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
yes just looks like some bad weather

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It's hard to say for sure. Infact, impossible. However, as time progresses..I begin to worry more and more about this 2012 number..

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
At any point in time, there are people who claim that the end times are near, and the events of that time period are "proof" that this is happening.

One could speculate, that these events are linked to the eclipse. I believe the moon has many potential effects on things such as tectonic movements and volcanic activity, and also animal (including us) behaviour.

But I wouldn't say any of these recent events are unusual. Earthquakes and typhoons happen all the time, and the Western Pacific is probably the biggest tropical cyclone/typhoon/hurricane breeding ground in the world.
Although I am waiting for someone to announce that the recent typhoon was due to global warming...(cough) I mean "climate change".

Until there are genuine unusual weather patterns or events, I wouldn't say we are "building up" to anything, although I am open to the possibility.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Okay but can people who are neutral alike admit that its pretty spooky and Apocalyliptic and I bet alot of people living in that part of the world feel like maybe this is a bad sign for some.

A lot of prophecy watchers will know about these verses in the Bible so here they are for those who want a recap.

Luke 21
Signs of the End of the Age

10Then he said to them: "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

25"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

Also I like to add, the heavenly bodies may mean the solar system and the moon, maybe gravitational forces and solar winds, sun cycles have somethin to do with it. Remember Angels govern the stars too and if there is some disturbance up there it will effect us down here, biblically speaking.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I'm sure there are people who may find recent events "apocalyptic" or "spooky". But any point in time over the last 200 years could also have been "spooky" or "apocalyptic" to some people.

The verses are so vague (except for the part about 26 men fainting, I'll keep an eye out for that
), that peoples own opinions can skew the descriptions to fit any of the current events happening around the world at any given time.

I'm not saying they're wrong, just that it's all happened before, and most likely will for years to come. But with all the hype surrounding 2012, there will be a few more people on edge than "usual". I haven't seen anything unusual lately, which might link to something apocalyptic, but if there has been something I've missed, please point it out.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I guess its just human nature to think such things, I mean the world wars were bad enough, the famines in Africa and lots of little wars and earthqukes must have had the same effect on them as appearing like the end of the world.

It's not the end yet in my book, and if the Bible is correct then you have to put together the other prophecies to make the whole picture, we are still waiting for WormWood to fall into the sea, the Sun to turn black and lots of other events so yes maybe. Including the War where Israel is surrounded by enemies, some specific enemies as one of many final day signs.

Anyway I can not help reflect that for some people in Asia after all these events including the Eclipse they feel it was a bad Oman, if I was in their shoes I would think maybe there was something wrong too.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
There are THOUSANDS of people that starve to death everyday and you think a measly 200 people living huts who got buried in mud means polar shift or worse the world is going to end?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Maybe people think the world ends in stages, its not something that happens all in one day and people believe the increase of these events are small stepping stones to these signs.

But what you have to remember is that the prophecies are worded in such a way that the people of the world will witness these events together, and that involves some form of communication which was not available 2000 years ago, it in volves all the world seeing these judgements and events and today the TV and Radio and Internet make that possible unlike before.

People see the end happenning in different stages like the plagues of Egypt and the Seals and Trumpet sounds. What people are really thinking with all these increases of famines, population growths and rising crime rates, global warming, polution, war on terror, increase in earthquakes is all the start of an increase frequency of the comming end, the start of birth pains.

I know this is not quite the time but once we get clusters of events it must remind people to stay awake when it does.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I just need to add something that most you people are saying about the end of days as described in the Bible being vague and open and it could mean anything as many ATS members will say. Anyway what the Bible is good at, even though the information is spead out is that it will answer it self be that in from the Old Testament or the New. It is rather broken up information and does ot make sense for some unless people compare passages and some say with the help of God will show them the answers.

Important Read;

2 Thessalonians 2

The Man of Lawlessness

1Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. 3Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5Don't you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, 10and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Nope, not a coincidence at all. The solar eclipse influences last awhile, but also don't forget there has also been 2 lunar eclipses too over the last month.

All of the things were forecasted by Earthquake experts - who said big quakes and so on - would happen days and weeks from the solar eclipse influence.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Maybe that is why the ancients saw these solar eclipses as some sign of bad luck since it effects the gravity here on earth. We had a solar eclipse in the UK in 1999 but nothing strange occured, but maybe on Islands where there are more sensative earth crusts then a solar eclipse would effect that area even more. Its not going so well in that part of the world since the Tsunami, I wonder if its all related.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
That was 2009, now we are in 2011 and we have seen Tsunami's and Nuclear reactors leak in Japan like some plague of events that is going on there.
There was another Solar Eclispse seen in Japan in 2010 (Just to keep note)

edit on 21-12-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that a partial solar eclipse that was just visible in southern Japan in early 2010 had an influence on the March quake off the coast of Japan this year? Or was there another eclipse I missed?

And when you describe the disaster as "like some plague of events", do you mean that in a biblical sense or just in a general 'the earthquake caused a tsunami and a nuclear threat' kind of way?
edit on 22/12/11 by Curious and Concerned because: added a bit

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join