It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics is Becoming a Spectator Sport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
With the all the town hall fiasco's going on, I feel that politics is starting to turn into a spectator sport. First we have the "game" which is the issues that get brought up. We have the "team", the people we elected for office. We have the "teams" "staff", which are the organizations that get money from the "team" to support their agenda and give money to the "players" on the "team", and then we have the "fans", which are the people that root the team on.

The "fans" and "staff" are fighting each other and rooting their "team" on while, the "teams"s play the game. After the the "game" is over the "teams" shake hands and go have a beer. While the "Staff" and "Fans" continue to fight each other about the "game" that was just played.

When the "fans" want to ask questions to the "team". The "teams" then get their "staff" to set up the "press conferences", town halls, which the "staff" parades the "team member" out to answer questions, but only from people that support the "team".

Coincidentally, the "team" also handles questions mailed, e-mailed, or phoned into them like fan mail. The "team" gets a member of the "staff" pay attention to the mail, email, phone calls, while the same member of the "staff" sends back a pre-written email or letter. Only every now and again does the "team member" really write a letter to one of the "fans".

What I'm getting at with this is that politics is nothing more than staged events, it's all a game. We all need to remember that, very rarely does any "team" actually pass any legislation that benefits us.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
With the all the town hall fiasco's going on, I feel that politics is starting to turn into a spectator sport. First we have the "game" which is the issues that get brought up. We have the "team", the people we elected for office. We have the "teams" "staff", which are the organizations that get money from the "team" to support their agenda and give money to the "players" on the "team", and then we have the "fans", which are the people that root the team on.

The "fans" and "staff" are fighting each other and rooting their "team" on while, the "teams"s play the game. After the the "game" is over the "teams" shake hands and go have a beer. While the "Staff" and "Fans" continue to fight each other about the "game" that was just played.

When the "fans" want to ask questions to the "team". The "teams" then get their "staff" to set up the "press conferences", town halls, which the "staff" parades the "team member" out to answer questions, but only from people that support the "team".

Coincidentally, the "team" also handles questions mailed, e-mailed, or phoned into them like fan mail. The "team" gets a member of the "staff" pay attention to the mail, email, phone calls, while the same member of the "staff" sends back a pre-written email or letter. Only every now and again does the "team member" really write a letter to one of the "fans".

What I'm getting at with this is that politics is nothing more than staged events, it's all a game. We all need to remember that, very rarely does any "team" actually pass any legislation that benefits us.

It was made that way.

You see the "two-party system" is an elaborately disguised charade, designed to create the illusion that two parties with diametrically contrasting ideologies are against each other, but it's all staged.

Even the presidential elections are staged, with the corporate controlled mainstream media playing a massive role, covering only the DNC and RNC, no other third party.

There is hardly a snippet of difference between Democratic and Republican parties, because both are CFR controlled, manipulated to advance the NWO agenda. This is the charade that the NWO wants the average American voter to hear, but some know way better.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Agreed. Republicrats and Democons. The way I tell it is to take out a quarter in front of someone and flip it as I speak. Eventually, in conversation, I add "like flip sides of the same worthless coin."

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The major problem with the US seems to be allowing so much money in politics.

I am not saying it is wrong but it just seems that way.

top topics

join