It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop Bodyslams Knife-Wielding Elderly Woman, Nearly Causing 'Riot'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Video: Cop Bodyslams Knife-Wielding Elderly Woman, Nearly Causing 'Riot'

rawstory.com

A witness to the scene, one Tomya Beatty, quoted by the local NBC affiliate station, said: "She didn’t even ask her to drop the knife. The woman told her when the cop came charging at her. She said, 'I’m not going to cut you. I’m not going to cut you.' She was just calling her daughter’s name out."

While the video contradicts Beatty's statement that the officer said nothing about the knife, the use of force against an obviously frail woman is apparent. As the video progresses, a noisy scene develops around the officers as the confused old woman lays on the ground, bleeding.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/10/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
To me this is a VERY bad judgment call by this police officer!

This is a very frail, 84 year old woman with Alzheimer's, apparently her daughter left her in the car while she ran into Wal-Mart, her mother became confused, didn't know where she was or why she was there, she tried to get out of the car but couldn't unfasten the seat belt, so she found a steak knife in the car(?), cut the seat belt, than wondered around the parking lot, holding the knife, calling out for her daughter, then the cops showed up.

She could just of easily grabbed this old woman's arm that held the knife instead of throwing her to the ground and busting her head open and possibly cracking her skull!

Here's the video.

I do believe that throwing this obviously frail, 84 year old woman to the pavement like that was a little excessive to say the least.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
What a terrible video to watch. And yeah...the force used was more than excessive.

It really is difficult to understand and side with law enforcement when these types of videos show up on a daily basis. What the hell is wrong with some of these people.

It looks like they didn't even attempt dialogue...:shk:

[edit on Tue, 11 Aug 2009 00:35:27 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
What a terrible video to watch. And yeah...the force used was more than excessive.

I agree.

I think that law enforcement officers need better training on how to not just come out of the gate using excessive force.

they should be taught to have a little more patience and to take the time to actually assess the situation and the actual threat level, especially when dealing with a frail, 84 year old woman!

top topics

join