It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is world peace possible?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
First off,I would like to say thanks for the welcome and thoughtful replies!
I think I will show up in this forum little more often.Peace will never happen as long as we look to exploit each other there will be conflict.

PS:Hey,Myth!
oh,and Stars for all of ya!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

To answer your question not in are life time maybe in the future man kind will learn to overcome greed hatred and fear. These are what cause war and are part of being human. Will we ever looses these traits maybe someday but ill say thats a long way away and i say we may never get there.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Here is my theory:

Humans were designed to fight each other.

It is pointless saying that only the 'leaders' wage - what about in caveman/pre-historic etc times? From day 1, it was "I am going to kill/rob/eat you before you do it to me."

Nothing has changed, unfortunately.

Now you are going to ask me who designed humans - maybe it was an accident, but I don't think so.

I think we are amusing puppets in someone's fight to the death game.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

A friend with 4 degrees sat down with me and we discussed this
at great length, and he has a way that may be in the works already.

Self replicating Nanites that rewire the human mind so that
violence, war, rape, and all other human brutality is just not
an option.

Needless to say the potential for abuse is staggering, and the
technical requirements to do this are thought not to be within
our reach so far.

It would need to be spread around the world perhaps as a latent
piggy back on the common cold or something, waiting til certain
date like perhaps 2012.

Everyone would simply wake up in a new frame of mind.

Of course this sounds like high rent Sci-fi, so don't be surprised that
he is penning a book with this as the premise.

The copyright is already in, so save your time.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Much respect to Mr. Hendrix, that quote of his is timeless.

I just wish more of the ppl in power felt the same way about it.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It is all that there is, we just don't act like it anymore.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Ah,I concur spellbound pillaging and plundering have been hardwired into our collective conciseness.It will be a long road before we all truly evolve into the higher beings that some philosophers hope we can become.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The vanish money and show everybody how to grow their own...no media only necessary interconnection....agree own landownership,,teach kids important things like understanding the nature, survival etc...maybe yes until then NO

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

I can see nanites being used to alter behavior but it sounds far too much like a way to create the ideal Manchurian Candidate to me.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The answer is "NO", never gonna happen....ever! Humans are not capable of getting along together. The last 2009 years have proven that "people" will not tolerate different views on religion, politics or anything else. We just kill each other when we disagree.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
World peace is possible if people have hope and stability in their lives. When the situation looks hopeless, thats when the walls crumble. All great civilizations that came before us had one fatal flaw, they thought they were immortal. We have only a short time to get it right. After that someone somewhere will use nukes. The alternative to being blown to kingdom come is for people to believe tomorrow will be better then today. That gives them a reason to live. I have to ask what can we do to instill hope to millions?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You have to be kidding world peace in a world where murderers exist and thats all that is.

the police are in society to murder for there friends and kill anyone they want, and the biggest trash get to lead wonderful lifes.

Yep thats a recipe for world police.

If you locked up all murderers in this world, there would only be around 10% of the population left.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The whole system needs to be broken down and re-created. Hive sects of individuals bringing up new generations without televisions. with soul focus on spirituality using nature peace and love. slowly cropping up, and uniting. people need to abandon this way of life as we know it because it ultimately leads to failure.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
What strikes me as odd is the pessimism expressed when this topic is raised. Why do we resign ourselves to believing that violence is some inextricable part of our nature? Many people are and have been violent throughout recorded history, true, but many have not. In this very thread, we disagree with each other, but we're not killing each other because of it. Why do we assume that the human community is beyond hope of peaceful coexistence on a global scale? All we have for a frame of reference is our own experience and our history, which spans a very small portion of time in the history of the universe. Is it so hard to imagine a world where conflict is resolved through words and spiritual growth rather than fists and guns?

If some people have the capacity to be peaceful and nonviolent, then we all do, at least eventually. We are given the gift of choice, and if you can choose to strike another, you can also choose to embrace them. With time, we can all get there as a species. Optimism is healthy.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
we may be the minority.

don't you feel certain social systems revolving around poverty, gangs, drugs and illicit activity would be very hard to uproot. the education system today is pretty terrible to begin with, where to start? there would have to be a revolution without a doubt. but a peaceful revolution takes generations. fighting for peace without using peace is an oxymoron as a members signature says.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
You have to be kidding world peace in a world where murderers exist and thats all that is.

the police are in society to murder for there friends and kill anyone they want, and the biggest trash get to lead wonderful lifes.

Yep thats a recipe for world police.

If you locked up all murderers in this world, there would only be around 10% of the population left.

Ae you speaking to me? Yes the world is full of brutes, crual people, and just plain idiots. As long as we think there can be something better, we can have hope. Otherwise we can just slit our own throats and spare our relatives the cost of sticking our lifeless corps into the ground.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The natural state is one of love. The unnatural state is from pure identification with the ego. I don’t think hate is at all natural. I don’t think aggression to the point of violence is at all natural. I think it has been projected for so long that it is accepted as entirely natural and inescapable. If men feel that violence is in their nature, then that nature needs looking at. War, aggression, rape, torture are mainly a male (masculine aspect dominating) thing.
I think there is a huge imbalance between the masculine and feminine aspects, and in a world that largely undermines and demeans that feminine side there will be conflict because everything is totally out of balance. In the outer world, this is demonstrated by the continuing subjugation of the visible and obvious feminine , i.e. women. And even if women are on the surface professed to being equal, underneath that masculine, ego driven, destructive head based being of men, the feminine is still seen as weak, inferior and lesser.
The feminine aspect in both men and women is from the right side of the brain, it is the creative empathic nature, more of the world than in the world. The feminine aspect has been suppressed and demeaned and undervalued since man took power, instigated and continued by most religions. The left brain masculine ego driven aspect and intellect is the builder and inventor, more in the world than of the world, besotted by it's own physicality, but it is weak, pathetic and out of control if not balanced and it is then destructive.
The world (being controlled by men stuck in their heads and ego) is lost in that ego which is driving it’s own self insane. So it’s main objective is for power, and to oppress and destroy and ultimately self destruct because of the inadequacy of itself in the imbalance. It has no self control therefore.
The feminine aspect is much more self contained in that it seeks not to oppress at all, but to nurture. It is more creative and peaceful. It is the link to the other world, the spiritual. How many people who have that feminine aspect integrated would start a war? How many could watch a child starve to death or torture and beat someone to death. How many could launch a nuclear bomb knowing the devastation it would cause. How many would even invent the nuclear bomb in the first place? It wouldn’t happen. The world would be much more peaceful.
Before you all scream at me, the imbalance of course can appear in both men and women, but it is in the extreme in men and has been for eons, although women are being sucked into that purely masculine aspect more and more. Time to change or be destroyed. Time to see that we have got it all wrong. If you embrace peace then there will be peace. And to use the excuse that nature has made you that way is absurd. Dismiss the ego, come from the heart and there can only be peace. Temper the aggressive urges that only come from ego and there will be peace.

Also, we are not free, none of us. We are chained by the system, we in effect have no power. We are not living in any way a natural and productive life. It is just playing some sub standard artificial role in an artificial world because that’s all we can do. This isn’t the way we were meant to live, it is entirely unnatural and unproductive really and only benefits the few at the top. We need to all say no, not going to do it any more…topple the top, get rid of the system, refuse to play the game any more. Easier said than done of course. It can only be done en masse.
We should say no to war. No to the elite. No to the corrupt money system. No to children starving anywhere. No to treating the weaker with contempt. No to insular caring for self only, no to selfishness and greed and yes to caring and compassion and cooperation. And that caring on some level should be for anyone and everyone. That doesn’t mean we have to become wishy- washy wimps staring at our navels at all. Even Jesus turned over the tables in the temple to make a point. But the ego and intellect has to be tempered urgently. And we have to realise that what affects one person affects everyone really. We are all a work in progress, but we all need to try harder.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by the hype
we may be the minority.

don't you feel certain social systems revolving around poverty, gangs, drugs and illicit activity would be very hard to uproot. the education system today is pretty terrible to begin with, where to start? there would have to be a revolution without a doubt. but a peaceful revolution takes generations. fighting for peace without using peace is an oxymoron as a members signature says.

Minorities can grow over time to become the majority. Christianity grew from a tiny, persecuted cult into a dominant world religion. Democracies and republics went from being small experiments in government to eclipsing monarchies and autocracies. The suffrage movement started out as a small group of radicals but now only the staunchest and most absurd chauvinists would argue against the right of women to vote. There are countless examples, and I believe pacifist-minded people have just as much chance of spreading their views and becoming the majority.

Just because something is difficult to achieve doesn't mean it is impossible, of course. Revolutions needn't be violent in character - they can take place in the hearts, minds, and souls of people at any time, any place. We may be a long way from world peace, but it is possible.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrowServo
What strikes me as odd is the pessimism expressed when this topic is raised. Why do we resign ourselves to believing that violence is some inextricable part of our nature? Many people are and have been violent throughout recorded history, true, but many have not. In this very thread, we disagree with each other, but we're not killing each other because of it. Why do we assume that the human community is beyond hope of peaceful coexistence on a global scale?

The ppl of Earth have been at war almost non-stop on some part
of the globe since before even the first hand held weapons were made.

We pay trillions of dollars for violent sports of varying degrees.

Even thou fist fighting will get the players fined a fair chunk of
chain these games often resort to violence anyways.

We are not only hard wired for violence, we spend more on military
and sports than looking for ways to find real peace.

History books are hard to argue with.

A fairly small group of men were enough to start World War 2.

Unless some altruistic scientists makes the nanites I mentioned
in my early post, the world will go on much the same unless
some new group of madmen like the current NWO global
population reduction crowd makes us extinct.

My money is on self destruction, they even write books how they
want 90% of us dead, gives speeches on it and get standing ovations
from their students.

Wish we could could time travel them back to Nazi Germany.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CrowServo

i agree completely

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join