It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sebelius Congratulates SEIU On Job Well Done

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I know it's coming from Michell Malkin, but it seems the Obama administration likes the fact that their thugs are beating people up for dissenting views.

HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius held a brief conference call with SEIU members this afternoon.

She hailed them as her “brothers and sisters” and urged them to show up at town hall meetings.

She gave the same stultifying mini-lecture about the sanctity of Medicare. “Change is not easy,” she droned. “We need to roll up our sleeves.”

No mention of how SEIU thugs rolled up their sleeves and attacked a black conservative protester in St. Louis or ran interference in Tampa Bay.

In an attempt to reassure SEIU members that senior citizens would not suffer under Obamacare, Sebelius said “Saving lives saves dollars.” Which might come as news to Zeke Emanuel.

Sebelius thanked an SEIU member who showed up at the Tampa Bay melee and urged more to get involved. “Keep doing what you’re doing.”

michellemalkin.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hmm...just a thought, but I wonder if we took copies of the Constitution, blended them in with the Declaration of Independence, and force fed the mixture to any of these folks if it would work like holy water to vampires and the like....

Sebelius is quickly gaining Phelps on my "Fellow Kansans I'm ashamed to be from the same state as list" if she isn't already on the top.

As for the SEIU folks, all I can say is the thuggary is going to keep happening until one of us who is at those meetings decides to put an end to it by expressing the 2nd amendment along with their 1st. Sadly should something like this happen it will likely cause another Boston Massacre incident and be construed by the mass media to be the Protestor's fault. The partisanship is so thick its like a woolen blanket anymore and its getting unbearable to be under due to the heat of our other problems.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Keep doing what they're doing? Wait, that one guy, Kenneth Gladney, the vendor who claimed in a video with his lawyer that he was there at the meeting in St. Louis just trying to earn a couple bucks because he got laid off from his job and got beat down by the SEIU people is what they want SEIU and ACORN to keep doing? Find more vendors and damage them?

Nice. Funny thing is, I never heard Obama get up on TV and claim that his kneecappers "acted stupidly" for screaming racial slurs at and beating and kicking the snot out of this black man. Maybe because he was selling Gadsden flag buttons and such.

Frankly, it doesn't sound like they should keep doing what they're doing. That road is really likely to lead to lawsuits to pay for the damages inflicted by those kneecappers.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Solomon
Hmm...just a thought, but I wonder if we took copies of the Constitution, blended them in with the Declaration of Independence, and force fed the mixture to any of these folks if it would work like holy water to vampires and the like....

Sebelius is quickly gaining Phelps on my "Fellow Kansans I'm ashamed to be from the same state as list" if she isn't already on the top.

As for the SEIU folks, all I can say is the thuggary is going to keep happening until one of us who is at those meetings decides to put an end to it by expressing the 2nd amendment along with their 1st. Sadly should something like this happen it will likely cause another Boston Massacre incident and be construed by the mass media to be the Protestor's fault. The partisanship is so thick its like a woolen blanket anymore and its getting unbearable to be under due to the heat of our other problems.

That Sir is the greatest problem we are facing. You cannot call people names, dismiss their concerns and then add insult to injury by sending in the strong arm thugs. One would think that elected officals would be knowledegable in diplomacy. You can strongly disagree with someone,but you never,never tweak their nose. When the situation becomes personal,people will fight!!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
One day our supposed D.C. Rulers will push the Real people way to far we can all go and speak at town halls and protest as loud and proud as we want. I'm afraid though that they will censor us so much that people will have to get violent. On that day if push comes to shove I'll side with the true patriots and these corrupt government officials will start something they can't stop. We all have to stand and maybe even fight for what we believe in you can count on me.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Beach Bum

I believe we have already pushed too far.

I have gone to a couple TEA party protests. These were in small towns in Wisconsin that have never NEVER had any type of protests before.

There were more Dems with an even number of Repubs and Independant but the largest group were people that never vote. The government has been hamstringing these protests since they began. How you may ask? By the Repub party trying to muscle in. At the parties and by the invitations they do not want any party affiliation because they know it is another way to divide us.

It will come to a head this fall. September 12th will be the largest protest ever in this country. The groups are calling for a march on Washington and if you cannot make it their they are asking you to go to your state capital. Imagine how many millions of people are out of work do to our government and ask yourself if this will not be huge. Our country is no longer for the people by the people and we know it.

top topics

join