It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought experiment involving crop circles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have an idea. Forgive me if it has been thought of and posted before. I searched, but didn't see anything.

Since there is so much controversy around the whole crop circle phenomenon, I thought we could do a little thought experiment. I, for one, think that the majority of the newer crop circles are man made... even most of the really intricate ones. I'm completely open minded though and I thought of something we could do to maybe prove something.

It would involve one of us picking a design and then U2U'ing it to other ATS'ers that want to participate. I don't think it would be wise to post it openly because it would be more likely to be found if any of the crop circle makers (if they are made by humans) read on here. Anyway, all participants could meditate on the design and imagine it showing up in a field and then see if it actually happens! If aliens are making these crop circles and are able to read our thoughts, then maybe they would help us out and make our design. I think it would be a good idea to share the design with a known, yet trusted skeptic here on ATS, just for safe keeping. That way, if our crop formation shows up, we'll be able to prove that the design was indeed the one we meditated on.

Now, let me admit that I'm very skeptical of crop formations myself, but I'm willing to give this a shot. No, it isn't fool proof at all, because it's likely that one of the participants could be a circle maker, but nevertheless, it would be interesting. We could even meditate or ask that the crop circle show up in the United States or Australia, or pretty much anywhere that they aren't common.

I'm aware that even if our design does show up out there somewhere, some will say that we haven't proven anything because this is a public forum and anyone could participate, but it's just an idea. If anyone is interested, please say so. If anyone would like to be in charge of the whole experiment, feel free to jump in. I'll do it, if nobody else is interested, but I just figure there are others out there who know more about conducting experiments than I do, lol. If anyone has ideas, feel free to throw them in here. Once we get quite a few people willing to participate, someone can pick a design and we can get started.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm up for this.

I wish I could remember what show I watched about crop circles. Anyhow...the show covered the beginning of the crop circle formation phenomenom up until the present (I believe that was 1999? when this video came out, not sure). In this film, the people who had been following these circles essentially did what you just proposed. Outcome: the following day the crop circle they envisioned appeared in the vicinity of where they had metitated.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hstock28

Great, hstock! Glad you're in! I hadn't heard about that show... I'll have to see if I can track it down. It would be great if we got the same results!

new topics

join