It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why All The Name Calling- It's a Democrat Led Congress.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder why Democrats have resulted to name calling or labeling protesters over the Healthcare bill.

Are they mad because Obama's deadline wasn't met?

Upset that there is misinformation going around?

Irritated that Americans are second guessing Congresses motives?

Why the name calling? The healthcare bill is in the hands of a Democrat led Congress that needs none or very little Republican support to pass bills.

The Democrats have 256 members in the house and only need 218 members to pass a bill in the house.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Senate side is less sure but has great possibility. According to this article 60 should be achievable.

The switch puts Senate Democrats one vote shy of a filibuster-proof majority of 60 seats. They can reach the 60-seat mark if Al Franken holds his current lead in the disputed Minnesota Senate race.

www.cnn.com...

Franken won and I am sure they could convince Lieberman to go along with the Democrats.

So why all the fuss about misinformation and Republican's this and that?

Why don't the Democrats take responsibility for failing to pass a bill they have stated time and time again is important for America?

What about those committees? Don't Democrats control those committees?

Four congressional committees, one in the Senate and three in the House of Representatives, have approved sweeping healthcare overhaul legislation without a single Republican supporting the bills. But fiscally conservative Democrats had to be brought on board with ideas that may lose liberal votes.

Taking a different approach, Senate Finance Committee leaders have been trying to hammer out a bipartisan package, but Democratic leaders want them to wind up by September 15.

"I think the timeline is more than fair," Schumer said. "If we cannot produce a bipartisan solution by then, you have to wonder if the Republicans would ever be willing to agree to anything"

www.swissinfo.ch... 000&ty=ti

Is it really Republican support they want or are the Democrats having difficulty selling healthcare to their own party?

Underscoring the deep divisions among Democrats was concern among members of the Congressional Black Caucus that Obama and the leadership were making too many concessions to the fiscally conservative Blue Dog Democrats.

Leaders of the Congressional Black Caucus said they requested a meeting with Obama.

www.chicagodefender.com...

Do protesters deserved to be labeled because of Congresses inability to get the job done?

IMO, protesters did not derail this legislation. The division among Democrats did.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well, as a decorated combat veteran, I'm classified by my government as a terrorist threat, and by our Senators and Congressmen, I'm a brown shirt, a thug, a gangster, a political terrorist, and a Nazi.

The Democrats have traditionally resorted to name calling every time they couldn't stand on the issues.

I'm trying now to come up with a suitable gangster nickname. "Two-fingers" isn't accurate,

"Big Pussy" has already been used,

"Loose G" already belongs to the pimp who works the corner,

"Riccobono" won't work with my blond hair and blue eyes,

"Berserker" fits, but it suggests a COMPLETE lack of self control, so you see my problem.

Maybe I'lll hang around some Democrats, piss them off, and see what they call me.

Hope I can repeat it on ATS.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Why All The Name Calling

I am so often forced to wonder whether people are either blind or stupid. For the sake of this reply, I will assume that your sight has been momentarily obscured.

It's politics. Nothing more, nothing less. Since the early 1980s, this has become the new standard - to label your opponents as enemies of the state and then libel them to make them untouchable.

And you know, it doesn't matter which party because both of the big guys do this. They brainwash their followers into becoming slogan machines, repeating the official line no matter how awful or untrue.

And you know what else? In the meantime, while we gladiators are fighting amongst ourselves, Washington does whatever it pleases because we are too busy making state enemies of our neighbors.

I hate politics... as much as I hate the word 'hate', I really do desipise the political parlor tricks to suck in the trusting and naive.

Don't think, just react... on cue.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I will assume that your sight has been momentarily obscured.

Appreciate you going easy on me.

I know its politics. I know both sides do it.

But it doesn't take away from the fact that the Democrats could have passed this bill through and saved us from all the current name calling.

I don't know about you, but my savings are shrinking, my job is shaky, my ability to pay my debts on time is getting harder, and my money buys less food than it used to.

Enough of the name calling. If they feel healthcare is so important at this point in time then they need to pass it with or without Republican help.

That way they can address this economy.

And you know what else? In the meantime, while we gladiators are fighting amongst ourselves, Washington does whatever it pleases because we are too busy making state enemies of our neighbors.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I really don't understand the mentality of congress today. They are heavily involved in placing labels on people. Calling those who would dare to discent "unamerican". They seem to be "preaching to the choir" all the while they are distancing themselves from those others that they would represent.

Tensions between the sides are ramping up. There is evidence that there are planted thugs on both fronts. Could violence be the end game for this part of the plan?

Could an out break of violence be the catalist for the Obama administration to out law public protests?

Could we be facing the advent of the death of our first amendment rights?

Where is our country heading?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
We have been in a state of emergency since the Civil War. Under Reagan, the president now has the ability to shut down Congress during a state of emergency. Frankly, I was surprised that Bent Billy didn't do this. Will Baraq? Remains to be seen, but remember, these guys are only puppets, and if their puppetmasters don't want them to, they can not. Earlier, I would have been itching for a revolution, but I don't think we will have one. People will be preoccupied with the new star in the sky, and all the weather catastrophies. Let alone the disease, lack of food, and everything else prophesy says is going down. You and everyone else will be more worried about being fed and sheltered. So Obamination will do whatever his master wants, unopposed. It used to bother me reading about all this crap. Now, I realize I can not influence it at all, and just trust God to take care of me. Don't believe in God? You are why this is happening. I'm just waiting to hear from the two prophets now, to tell the Woman where to go in the wilderness, sanctuary from the Mahdi.

top topics

join