It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A short theory on crop circles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is what i think is going on.....

The first crop circle to arrive was Alien made and so were the few after that and then what happened was people on Earth started making them to communicate with the Aliens..... the Aliens would make a crop circle then Humans here would make a crop circle and so and so forth..... it's communcation of some sort.... or maybe the Humans making them aren't really humans but Aliens here on Earth.... stuck here or have chosen to remain here..... this is like a parallel world to the Aliens and they can't get back..... so in effect the parallel world which is supposed to be out there in the universe is in fact right here on Earth....

There you go..... told you it was short now tell me what you think

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I've always believed that we share this universe with many diverse entities. It's possible that they're multi-dimensional beings.

Recently, I've been wondering if crop circles (real ones) are some type of alien alphabet. Then again, it's not as if we could match each circle up with our alphabet, because there's more circles than there are letters in the alphabet.

But it's always nice to ponder the thought..

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Give me a circle cut into stone, strawberry fields, cabbage fields, forests, sand, etc, infact anything other the cut into wheat fields, then I may believe. Until then I do not believe they are anything but man made art, why have those ufos got an obsession with wheat field art only?

Edit to reply to your theory. Yes there may be something there actually in your ideas, so if they are sending a message to the sky/heavens, what if the ufo orbs still on planet Earth (assuming they are the spirits of the dead, which I don't believe btw) are signalling to their friends and family in heaven (in the sky above and seen in NASA STS footage as critters) for whatever reason by making signs to them like a morse code signal?

[edit on 10-8-2009 by ufoorbhunter]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I was just listening to Alex Collier on a Coast to Coast 1998 show, and one of the first questions that Art Bell asked Alex was, "What are Crop Circles"...this was right after Alex Collier told Art Bell that Alex is in touch with a race of entities from a different density.

Alex's response was that he was told by his contacts that Crop Circles are "a communication protocol between 5th dimension beings here on Earth".

Has anyone heard from this response and teaching from Alex Collier about Crop Circles and his take on them?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Ufoorbhunter & bladerain...... possible Morse code.... don't forget we have Morse code here . . . - - - . . .

Ufoorbhunter... Maybe it's just easier and more convenient to form circles in Crop Fields..... don't forget there are many crop fields and i know there are many deserts and beaches but where are there more people on any given day.... they are more then likley to be near crop fields..... plus why change from crop fileds to sandy beaches?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It seems a bit less likely that crop circles would be a type of Morse code, because in Morse code, characters (dots and lines) are almost always grouped with one or more other characters. With crop circles, it's always just one symbol :/ .

Yeah, I think some are man made, because the man made ones are almost always imperfect, yet professional. Wish I knew what the real ones meant.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

More people in the agricultural wheat fields of Wiltshire than descending on the beaches of the Med tomorrow? Lol I'd say a hundred to one in favour of the Med but who cares anyway, I like your theory and it's made me think more about these crop circles in the out of the box sort of way. The ufo orbs down here for whatever reason probably do want to make contact to their (critter) kin in the heavens, so a crop circle as communication? Maybe..................

[edit on 10-8-2009 by ufoorbhunter]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Let's suppose, for the sake of argument, crop circles are some sort of communication to somebody from some sort of 'entities' ...

If these entities are communicating with us, that is to say the people of Earth, then why don't they just plainly spell out their message using some common human language ?

Since they are not doing so, and assuming it is some sort of communication, then these 'entities' must be communicating between themselves ... but, this doesn't really hold water, because I would imagine such an advanced group would be able to communicate by telepathy or some other advanced form of communication.

On the other hand, it could all just be a group of human 'crop circle experts' having some fun ...

But that doesn't really make sense either, since some of these circles are absolutely gigantic, and are perfectly formed. I also understand no footprints are ever seen. And finally, how do they 'weave' the stalks that way ?

It just another 'enigma within a conundrum' - perfect for ATS threads !

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think they're beautiful. (The real ones)
I'm not sure who is responsible or what they are for.
Some, do seem to relate to complex mathematical symbolism, like the Mandlebrot figures, while others just look like... art?
I agree with an earlier post, that I'd love to see this stuff in Rock or something more permanent. Then the communication idea would make more sense... because the sender could be more sure that the message would last long enough to be found and read.
Personally, I think they discovered, that wheat fields (and similar) were easy to "paint" on. Whatever technology is used, to twist, interweave and bend the stalks over, it works best in this type of medium.
Maybe they're a teaching aid? Maybe a form of relaxation therapy? Maybe an attempt at communicating with us?
But I don't think it's a way of communicating with their own or other races of beings. The first storm, strong winds or crop harvest and the message would be lost.
I think I like the idea of teaching aid the best. ET is teaching his kids about art and science, and using a wheat field as a blackboard!!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

ok, of course there would be more people on the beaches but maybe the people or whoever are near the fields.... maybe they need to be near fields and don't like water but anyway back on topic.....

[edit on 10-8-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

Maybe they like to screw with our minds?

Why make their code so easy to decipher to such undeserving human beings such as ourselves?

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Blade_Rain]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
My alternative theory (radical though it is) ...

• The first "crop circles" were formed by whirlwinds, or some other natural phenomena that is perhaps not yet well understood.
  • Early man put a mystic significance to those formations, considered their sites sacred places, and maybe even built monuments on their sites (maybe even stone-henge)
  • On occassion, real crop circles continued to form by natural phenomena.
  • However, some where along the way, modern man decided they weren't curious or mysterious enough on their own - so he started hoaxing his own.
  • Over time, man lost the ability to tell the difference between the real phenomena and the hoaxes (or art-form I guess they really are at this point).
  • Modern man (other than the hoaxers themselves), again put mystic significance to the formations, due to their increasing complexity - even going so far as to potentially associate them with extraterrestrial sources.
  • Today, real crop circles may still occasionally form. However, they are less interesting than the hoaxed ones and consequently not covered by the media.

[edit on 2009-8-10 by EnhancedInterrogator]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blade_Rain
I've always believed that we share this universe with many diverse entities. It's possible that they're multi-dimensional beings.

Recently, I've been wondering if crop circles (real ones) are some type of alien alphabet. Then again, it's not as if we could match each circle up with our alphabet, because there's more circles than there are letters in the alphabet.

But it's always nice to ponder the thought..

True, but what if you count the sounds of the alphabet, upper case and lower case? then numbers too.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
My theory is the first real crop circle created by an unknown object which most concluded was saucer in shape caused a feeding frenzy for more info. This led to books being written and the race to make money took off. Now interest is waning so those who make a living off of it started making them themselves. This led to more and more creative designs to keep peoples interest peaked and sell more books. It turned into a money maker.

There are over 400 books on crop circles at Amazon. Someone is making money.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by cloakndagger]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well, I usually take the stance of the majority of them are man made, and a few cant be explained. But thinking about it aliens have either made at least one or they havent... and seeing as it makes zero sense for aliens to contact us in that way then I'd have to say that they are all man made.

I am just putting all my eggs into one basket there.. but seriously - what possible logic are these aliens using if they have been making them? Not one crop circle has ever successfully predicted anything, and the method they seem to be using is a little odd to say the least. Why if you were an advanced alien race would you choose to vandalise farmers crops in a random county in the UK? Surely there would be a more suitable place to give us an important message?... and why would you bother making them in the first place, or not make the message a little clearer when obviously we dont understand?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blade_Rain
reply to post by visible_villain

Maybe they like to screw with our minds?

Why make their code so easy to decipher to such undeserving human beings such as ourselves?

Even though the idea sounds funny, that they'd come here all the way to our planet, across light-years of interstellar space just to "screw with our minds," I don't think it's reasonable at all ...

If space-aliens are really making these things, there's gotta be a better explanation than, "they're just playing a big cosmic joke on us."

Just my two-cents, anyway ...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hey! Does no one have weird dreams after looking at the crop circles on
crop circle archives? or after looking at them in the books? I was particularly disturbed after seeing the one of the alien next to the radio tower that occured years ago. I find it really hard to go to sleep at night after looking at the images or reading about the aliens, and I am a responsible old adult. I sometimes feel a sense of dread, how long are they going to torment us with circles that are not really understandable?
It's really not funny or responsible to sit out in space and spy on the earthlings. Its creepy and rude. It's mean to torment people. Honest people are forthright in their approach to introducing themselves. What
future would they honestly expect to have with us after years of all this bs?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Lots of us seem to be presuming that there is some important message being delivered, and that we haven't "got it" yet.

I'm firmly of the opinion, that there are much better ways of getting a message across, than making crop-circles, so I'm leaning more towards them simply being an educational or artistic pursuit by our ET visitors.

Not everything has to revolve around US!

They may not even be the slightest bit interested in us at all!
There may be a multitude of other reasons why they would want to visit earth... Water, Food, Fuel, Vacation!!! We don't know. But it seems obvious that if they REALLY wanted to get a message across to us, then they would do so using a more reliable method than painting pictures using bent, interwoven stalks of wheat.

Why do we presume that they're trying to contact us? Doesn't make sense to me.
G

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

As i said in original post maybe they are contacting other Aliens here on Earth stuck in the parallel world

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
My alternative theory (radical though it is) ...

• The first "crop circles" were formed by whirlwinds, or some other natural phenomena that is perhaps not yet well understood.
  • Early man put a mystic significance to those formations, considered their sites sacred places, and maybe even built monuments on their sites (maybe even stone-henge)
  • On occassion, real crop circles continued to form by natural phenomena.
  • However, some where along the way, modern man decided they weren't curious or mysterious enough on their own - so he started hoaxing his own.
  • Over time, man lost the ability to tell the difference between the real phenomena and the hoaxes (or art-form I guess they really are at this point).
  • Modern man (other than the hoaxers themselves), again put mystic significance to the formations, due to their increasing complexity - even going so far as to potentially associate them with extraterrestrial sources.
  • Today, real crop circles may still occasionally form. However, they are less interesting than the hoaxed ones and consequently not covered by the media.

[edit on 2009-8-10 by EnhancedInterrogator]

Caused by whirlwinds? But we would still be seeing this today if it was the case..... however i see your theory.... it's possible and does make sense

top topics

<<   2 >>

join