It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.7 Magnitude Earthquake hits Andaman Islands in the Indian Ocean, Tsunami Watch in Effect

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Not according to USGS... where do you get the information there has been a quake in France?!

There was one in Poland but that was days ago and not that unusual.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrFantastic4567
reply to post by nydsdan

Well it is only interesting as far as they just happened to occur by chance within a certain time frame. That is my point. Earthquakes happen whenever they want, it doesnt mean their is some giant devastating disaster afoot.

If you ever spent time tracking earthquakes you would realize that sometimes there are times of low activity and other times things are going off like firecrackers, and still other times when it is somewhere in between. The point is that Earthquakes are random events of nature that unless they happen really geographically close together have nothing to do with each other.

I'm not convinced on that. There has been a noticeable uplift in the volume of 6+ magnitude quakes recently. All of which seem to be reasonably close geographically to the "ring of fire". I wouldn't be surprised if pressure is beign rapidly transferred around and dissipated in these quakes. It could be a long term build up there could potentially be another underlying cause.

Either way, here's hoping nobody is hurt by these quakes.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Latest Graphic

Link : www.iris.edu...

[edit on 10/8/2009 by shauny]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by phoenix103

I am pretty sure that it is not abnormal to have large earthquakes around the ring of fire. My suggestion is to take two asprin and get back to me in a few weeks and if there is still a lot of activity then we can discuss your options. My quess is that it will pop off a few more aftershocks over the next few days and then that area will go into a lull of activity.

I totally get your point although I do slightly disagree. You are right that the P.R.O.F. does enter and exit out of 'active' phases but several 7+ quakes within a week is very interesting to me so I respectfully disagree that it is 'nothing to see here, move along'.

I am not saying you are wrong but I am saying that it is interesting and deserves to be looked at closely. I'll admit it does not really relate to "conspiracy" at all, that is why I suggested that a mod move it to the Fragile Earth thread if they feel inclined to do so. (Incidentally, I opened a thread over there too.)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mrFantastic4567

I hope you are correct.

Tsunami WAS generated btw..

www.prh.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
A 2-feet tsunami just hit Japan. And a tsunami was also generated by the Andaman quake, size unclear

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
A 2-feet tsunami just hit Japan. And a tsunami was also generated by the Andaman quake, size unclear

Thanks Hellmutt, any chance you can quote a source on the Japan Tsunami so i can cite elsewhere?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103

any chance you can quote a source

Here:

twitter.com...

BULLETIN -- TWO FEET TSUNAMI HITS THE COAST OF OMAEZEKI IN JAPAN.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre has retracted its statement for the Indian Ocean, saying a tsunami has not been observed at this time.

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Great stuff.. thank you..

Did you see the claim that the Pacific warning center have retracted their warning for the Indian Ocean?

Site not loading now so cannot verify!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Yup, I saw that. They're updateing frequently. Here's a page with a summary of the two (unrelated) quakes:

news.bnonews.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Yup, I saw that. They're updateing frequently. Here's a page with a summary of the two (unrelated) quakes:

news.bnonews.com...

Surprised CNN haven't broken into their Sports coverage to talk about this in detail. What a disgrace! Same with Sky and the BBC but they're saying slightly more.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I really hope that this underground testing of nuclear bombs has nothing to do with this....... re-actions and all that........

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I love the guy from cnn

"is it a coincidence, two quakes in 12 min?"
- "ABSOLUTELY, just a coincidence."

yah, right!

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Just to update,

The tsunami warning for the Indian Ocean has been canceled

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

No its not a coincidence. The earthquakes have been in talks for years and now they have decided to work together to form a coordinated attack against all human interests. These earthquakes are tough. They make Al-CIAda look like childsplay. These guys are the orginal terrorists.

Dear Goddd
WOW

We Have to attack Nature before it attacks us!!!!!

Let's see how that works out

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

www.cnn.com...

You got it!

It is always an honor to see you on the boards.

Good to know that there is power in prayer.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

So how high is a two foot tsunami? how much higher is it than the land?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hi, I'm sorry if this is a little off topic but has anyone noticed the number of airplane incidents that happened today?

RSOE link.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join