It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Bank Holiday August 25-26?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
As i posted on BAN, i saw the following information and decided to post it, although i am not too sure about the reliability of the information.

Harry Schultz newsletter

Conclusion: Stand by for a possible bank run & bank holiday on Aug 26th, after the news breaks on the 25th. (FDIC 2nd Qtr. Report)

This is in line with the HSL prediction of a US bank holiday in Aug/Sept.

If you live in the US, get 3 to 6 months household expense money out of banks now.

jsmineset.com...

Could this be the reason why the Feds, and the government in general is telling us they are robbing us blind, as in trillions being lost into a black hole that noone can find and they don't care?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
To tell you the truth, I had no idea who Harry Schultz even was, so I made a search and found the following.

to the

International Harry Schultz Letter

HSL was named "Newsletter of the Year" by Peter Brimelow of Market Watch in 2005 and 2008. HSL was also ranked #2 among the Top 10 most profitable newsletters (for subscribers :-)) in 2005 by Hulbert Financial Digest.

HSL (International Harry Schultz Letter) is the world's premier international investment, financial, economic, geopolitical, privacy, sociological and philosophical newsletter. HSL is now in its 41st year with subscribers in 71 nations. In addition to decades of money-making investment advice in all major world stock, bond, commodities, and currencies markets. Based in Switzerland, HSL is one of the few truly international investment newsletters.

"I wouldn't want to do without HSL. It's a must for global outlook and investing."
- Ron Paul
U.S. Congressman

www.hsletter.com...

[edit on 10-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The webbot people are predicting some obvious economic problems to appear on or around August 22.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It could happen like this:

• (August 21/22) Late Friday/early Saturday some large bank closures are announced. Roughly 3100 branches (including ATM's) have closed since the IndyMac closure last year.

Following recent news regarding FDIC's financial status (the FDIC currently covers each dollar on deposit with a trivial 2/10ths of a penny) the media starts asking serious questions about the safety of savings/checking accounts in banks across the country.

• (August 25) FDIC 2nd Quarter Report is released and it contains very bad news. Media coverage causes mass panic and bank runs.

• (August 26) White House orders national bank holiday. Banks close.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well, a bank holiday doesn't happen that quick.
First there has to be a major incident that will cause the banking system to bleed....
Then measurements will get implemented for damage control which will take at least a couple of week.
After that, if things still get worse without any improvement in sight or even another incident....THEN a bank holiday will get implemented.

Everything seems fine and quiet now and it's already the 11th of August, so, very unlikely that a bank holiday will happen in less than two weeks.

My opinion.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatobserver

For the most part I agree with you, it don't think it will happen.

However, I would guess that with everything that's happened since October, someone in charge would've had emergency plans drawn up and ready to go in case a "major incident" occurred. Who knows, maybe those in charge are already aware of some major problems that are about to become public (on or around the 25th) and made preparations for a possible bank run.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kadugen

Well, I guess a lot of weird things are happening right now...so who knows.

In my opinion it is just extremely unlikely.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
star, and flag for you.

I cannot say the reading/writing was all that good, but the information was appreciated, and on par with many other experts regarding late Aug, or Sept.

My heart goes out to all who are unprepared

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Thanks, i do hope this is wrong though, but I still recommend to everyone to get prepared just in case.

Have some money, and make sure that you have stored food, medicines, any prescriptions your family or you need.

It is more important to have stored food and the necessities than have only money in hand, but if you have stored food for at least 2-3 months if not more, and you have all other essentials, then have some money in hand, and don't keep it all in your bank.

If you can it is also a good idea to have some silver, and/or gold.

You still have time to prepare for your family and yourself.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Have some money, and make sure that you have stored food, medicines, any prescriptions your family or you need.

Cool.

I guess I will just go down to Walmart and take what I need. They probably won't mind.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
you, know -- the end of this month a whole bunch of nasty stuff comes to ahead.
the fed today or tommarrow will be talking about a exit strategy... ok, they destroyed everything that was working... and they are exiting..?
we have the schocastics on the S&P500 rolling over after a prop up.
and this being the Weekly Schocastic...
just about every business Iam familiar with is already on business plan going concern status. (it means the BP is not working according to plan - when it stops functioning the way it should the clock starts ticking) and going concern, is about 90days from closing the front doors.
so, rescue the economy.... yea - right... right after they made sure it couldnt survive without them... and now they are exiting... with all the money... I must have just fell off the turnip truck... and you guys if you havent listened to me... you are really vulnerable at the moment and your balance sheet is full of FAKE DEBT... I hope you liked your HUMMER... its gonna be your home.... you cant afford gasoline so it aint moving till the tow truck comes and gets it...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

thats why if you look at the handicap spots... you will locate Two Emergency Vehicle parking spots.. that are closer to store than the handicaps... I guess they thought of ShopLifting...

[edit on 12-8-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatobserver

They have been preparing for this for months at least, and probalby for years. It is not something they just came up with.

I don't think it is a coincidence that $9 trillion dollars were "lost into a black hole and noone knows where it is".

The Feds are robbing us blind for a reason, and they don't care if we know anymore, which means something will happen that will squeltch all opposition to this robbery done to Americans.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

new topics

top topics

join