It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The heart of revolution is music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What we really need now, and in the near future (2010s), is a new music movement.

The music of the past ten years is exactly the kind of music that promotes NWO takeover - it keeps people ignorant and stupid.

We need positive music, to compliment a movement toward a more positive world. Do you think that's possible? For mainstream music not to suck?

A shameless plug here, but I made a forum about a new genre of music that is emerging. It's called new urban music, it's basically a return to more positive sounding music with hope for the future.

Feel free to join it if you'd like: newurbanmusic.proboards.com...

Do you agree or disagree though, that revolution needs music in order to happen?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I also think that when Green Day started hating on the Bush administration, Americans stopped blindly respecting his policies just because 9/11 happened.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
what do you guys think? am i on to something, or is this a stupid idea?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You're absolutely spot on the mark.

Hence all the current chart music encouraging materialism, disrespect, sexual looseness, depravity and such.

Music is power.

break free.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
A perfect circle has a song about the nwo,and Tool has songs about the end....not only are they very talented musicians,but their songs have meaning.Pretty much anything on the radio these days is watered down trash...but thats just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
Do you agree or disagree though, that revolution needs music in order to happen?

As I approach 63 , that's certainly the way I remember cultural revolution DD.

Duffer Gil gets-it in 2009

Thanks Gil

[edit on 11-8-2009 by OBE1]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
if you want to hear some political / enlightening hip hop check my thread here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'd like you all to review my link:

www.jstor.org...

Basically Theodor w Adorno states that:

Thus, although the culture industry undeniably speculates on the conscious and unconscious state of the millions it is directed, the masses are not primary but secondary, they are an object of their calculation; an appendage of the machinery. The customer is not king, as the culture industry would like to have us believe, not its subject but its object.

Never a truer word spoken.

Everything is calculated. We are the end result of a bombardment of information. If the current trend lends itself to our current beliefs then the machine has already won.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Music has been so crappy for so long, it's nice to see it (hopefully) improve. I hope the new urban stuff takes off and we don't relapse into more Pearl Jam wannabes and gangsta rappers.

top topics

join