It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Letter to the White House's new Reality Check Web Site on Health Care

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

Gnarn scum! Long live the Centari Republic!

Who are you? What do you want?

Nothing like having the Warlons and Shadows manipulating and fighting over you.

Another left/right argument it took Lorean to straighten out.

Which ultimately just says you have to have some kind of dictator to settle these arguments that has real power over everyone.

The Centari seemed to live a much better life of luxury and indulgence than the humans did.

The Mombari had reached a higher state of evolution than the Gnarn, Centari, and Humans but only through intense self discipline, but they were divided into three classes themselves that didn't always get along.

Religious, warrior, worker and it was always the religious and the warrior clan fighting for dominance with the workers as usual getting screwed!

The Warlons believed in evolution through baby sitting and indulging. The Shadows believe in evolution through war and fire and natural selection.

Remember though always if you go to Z'a dum you will die!

I can see Obama now...and the Shadows need to open up Z'a dum and allow for democratic elections and laugh out loud, blah blah blah.

In the end the Warlons were every bit as warmongering and tyranical with the preemptive war concept of the planet killer as the shadows were and it stoped being about protecting the younger races they supposedly loved and wanted to nurture and guide and just one upping the shadows.

G'kar was great though, I loved it when he helped Landeu assissinate the Centari emperor.

The weakened chains on his stocks Landeu promised him had been replaced with the strongest ones the emperor could find, ruining their plan, but G'kar found the strength in him to tear them assunder.

That's what it is all about in the end of the day, finding the strength in you to stand up for your freedoms and to be free no matter how strong or tight the chains that try to bind you.

I think the most important part of the story was Sinclaire stuck in a loop of time, destined to play it over again and again and again forever.

To bad I never caught an episode huh!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I guess the Apollo Alliance could be the shadows and Obama Mr. Morden with "What do you want?" Great show with a lot of themes that play out today. Espeically the Nightwatch angle.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kords21
I guess the Apollo Alliance could be the shadows and Obama Mr. Morden with "What do you want?" Great show with a lot of themes that play out today. Espeically the Nightwatch angle.

Let us not forget how the good Mr. Girabaldi rejected Sheridan after he returned from Z'a dum and became secretive and demi-god like in is desire to do the ultimate good at all costs.

Girabaldi represented authority but moral authority not government authority, and when Night Watch came in he rejected it like Sheridan did, but when Sheridan took himself above the democratic process Girabaldi rejected him too.

Michael was pretty much just an average guy, but one with a heart, and his own strong moral compass, and willing to fight for right and wrong, even if it was his friends, even if it was his enemies.

G'kar heavily identified with him, in part because Girabaldi always stuck by him even when the political pendulum swayed and robbed Gnarn of it's independent status and relegated G'kar to little less than a space station bound resistence figure head.

In the end though both G'kar and Girabaldi were eaten up by their angers and resentments even though they were both good. Sheridan cut short his life trying to save the Universe, Sinclaire basically gave up any life trying to save it.

I doubt people will ever realize we all loose, all the time, when we choose to fight, even when we win the fight.

It's a crazy universe my friend!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks, that is the problem I have with the government and their bills, they leave "options" open "part of the bill" hard to read and wit double meaning, all those are the loopholes that later will come back and bite us in our arses after they pass their bill.

That is what government is good at.

How can I fight the corruption of the private health care system when I have to fight the corruption of private interest in Washington too.

Because lets face it none of the bills in congress are written by congress people themselves, that is what their hordes of lobbyist and law interpreters are for.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Thanks, that is the problem I have with the government and their bills, they leave "options" open "part of the bill" hard to read and wit double meaning, all those are the loopholes that later will come back and bite us in our arses after they pass their bill.

That is what government is good at.

How can I fight the corruption of the private health care system when I have to fight the corruption of private interest in Washington too.

Because lets face it none of the bills in congress are written by congress people themselves, that is what their hordes of lobbyist and law interpreters are for.

You are very correct Marge very often the lawfirms that the lawyers are selected from to run for congress have their special interest clients bills already drafted for the newly elected rep to start pitching and selling.

Congress is just a vehicle for the corporations to get their lawyers into policy and law making positions to feed them what they want in the law that serves the corporation.

The government has ceased existing for the people a long time ago. It exists for the corporations, it exists for the wealthy, it exists to perpetuate and constantly expand it's own power.

Government by the corporations for the corporations is a terrible thing.

Big star, thanks for the wise words!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hey proto, so you haven't recieved a response yet, but people who have never petitioned any correspondance with the white house are getting letters, pretty odd I think.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

I've said it before, I'll say it again. This is detracting from the much bigger issue of having an illegal alien in the White House. And when he is finally exposed and imprisoned, every action he has taken as President will be null and void. Go ahead and pass your stinkin communist bill. It won't be law as soon as you are proven an illegal alien. (Sorry to all you fans of the Kenyan, I know he speaks real good. So did Hitler.)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
here's a better video of the exchange between Gibbs and Major Garret. I think Baghdad Bob had more truthful answers than this Joker, I'd love to see a picture of Gibbs as the Joker or his sidekick "Harlequin".

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Letter I just sent in response to the e-mail I got from the WH this morning.

Dear Sir,
I do not want to hear any more of the Whitehouse Rhetoric.
IF the current Administration want's Me to believe Anything they have to say, then what I want, is a Link to the Bill(s) with reference to the specific area of the bill(s) that would refer to whatever concerns I might have.
I No Longer Believe what the Whitehouse or anyone else in this administration, has to say to me.
I will no longer Follow where my representatives want me to go, rather I fully Expect them to follow where the majority of the people of our country Want Them to go, as is the obligation of our Elected officals.
The simple fact that the Administration Believes that sending out this E-mail is necessry, is proof enough to Me that this Country Does Not Want This Bill to Pass!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Iseekthetruth!!!!!!!!

An outstanding letter to our representatives! I commend you Sir!

I highly concur and agree with the sentiments you shared with them.

Job well done. My respects and thanks to you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join