It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd animal behaivor....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
How about demons if you believe in them? They say animals see things we don't see. The bible speaks of demons going into swine.

Some think the demons of the bible and the aliens (ufo kind) today are one in the same.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I have an American Bulldog that does the same thing. He is still technically a puppy, about a year and a half old, but he's a BIG boy (about 125 pounds) and I think he was being raised to fight also. When we got him about 6 months ago, he was terrified of everything. Scrawny and in generally crappy health, even after being with the humane society for over a month.

Within a week or so, he was mostly as normal as any other dog, but when he was left alone for any length of time outside, he would get frantic and try to get inside again.

Tuffy is not scared of people in the slightest. He's made more than one person defecate in their undies by running at them full speed like he's going to attack, then stopping last second, sitting down and begging for pets. He also will not growl but visibly tense up if he feels me or any member of my family is threateded by someone he does not know.

He is, however, terrified of stupid little things. Once he was out in the yard and a squirrel fell out of a tree. It fell about 15 feet and made a hollow thud. Instead of running for it like a normal dog he made that wide eyed "HOLY CRAP" face that I'm sure you and any other bulldog or pitbull owners here are familiar with. He turned around and ran faster than I had ever seen him move into the back door, through the kitchen, over the gate (There is a 3.5' tall gate seperating the living room and dining room to keep the dogs out of the room during dinner or in the kitchen at night), through the living room, over the gate at the bottom of the stairs and disappeared. I found him 15 minutes or so later under my daughter's bed at the far end of the upstairs.

Another time was almost the same reaction, but instead of a falling squirrel it was what I think was a dead branch that had fallen off the tree and landed in some lower branches where it was swinging back and forth in an admittedly strange way.

He's also afraid to be alone in the dark, afraid to go into the garage and won't cross a street unless I carry him.

So anyway, maybe it's small things that a person would never make a connection between that trigger the strange reactions. Or maybe bulldogs are weird. Or aliens.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

You know, reading your reply I couldn't help but think of our indoor dog, a little Shiatsu(sp?) that is terrified of butterflies. Especially the little blue ones!

Anyway, thanks for the reply! I feel a little less concerned knowing that someone else is having this happen. I still think it's strange, and I wish I could figure out what it is that is terrifying the poor pooch. I really don't want him inside, since he's big enough to do some damage to the house furnishings without realizing it. And it's just too hot in the South to sit around with the door closed.

Have you ever kept your bulldog inside? One of the things I thought was weird was that Ox has never been inside our house (or any other house) before... at least since we had him.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Yeah, he's lived inside since we got him. If we leave him outside he uses his as a battering ram on the back door. I think he was left outside while they were trying to train him and because of that he had a skin condition on his lower back that has since cleared up. I only say I think he was left out because I had a Staffordshire that had the same problem after being left chained to a picnic table in someone's yard for 6 months before I got him.

Oh and I forgot to mention he's also afraid of cats and the basement.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
our neighbors cattle, which have never gotten out ever since my mom's grandparents ad had that land, escaped their pasture this past week. normally, i would not worry about this, but one thing kindled worry.
after we drove up to them (the part they got out was on a road with another pasture on the other side), they ran like crazy, and CLEARED A FIVE FOOT FENCE! we drive by them every day and they just graze. it really freakeed me out.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You might find this story interesting. They say you are more likely to be hit by lightening than killed in a dog attack.

Even though these were wild dogs a man down the road from the couple that was killed had been feeding them and said they never had been agressive towards him.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This is good, that means it's not just happening in eastiern N.C. The family that owns all the cattle in my town recently had to put down over 20 of them because they kept killing the other cows. In total tehy lost about 50 head. But my dogs have been acting strange too, and not a little strange, REALLY strange. This morning when I went to get my paper from my mailbox, all my dogs started howling and yanking on their chains (I have too many to put in pens) and when I went around to see what was wrong they were very protective. One dog wouldn't even let me leave her spot til I held her collar and walked slowly out. And later that same day I decided to go for a ride on my ATV and some deer started running behind me. Not charging, just running. I decided to stop and let them pass, they stopped with me. Something big is gonna happen, and it's close.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I didn't realize it until my son came in and asked me what I was reading one night. I told him about this thread. He looked at me and said maybe thats why henry changed where he's sleeping.

That's our over grown house dog. Around a month ago he stopped sleeping on the floor at the foot of my bed at night where his dog pillow is and now sleeps on the floor between my bed and the window.

I think it was Redneck that said his dogs were under his sons window. It would be about the same time frame.

The window our dog is sleeping under faces south. It's also unusual that he would pick that window because it don't have an air conditioning vent there either and he likes to lay his head over the vent when the air cuts on.

Has anyone else dogs or cats changed places they sleep and if so which direction is the window facing?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I feel something is truly going on......I have sensitive hearing I hear a

hum all the time, run a small fan next to me at night so I can sleep.

My Cat has become extra clingy, she is attached at the hip so to speak,

I feel she senses something, but don't know what.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Here's one... My fiancee's cat jumped out the kitchen window the other day. Sounds normal enough, except it's a 40+ foot fall from that window. No injuries, either. He hid under the back porch until I went down to the basement to get to the stairs to the storm cellar where he had decided to hide. When I opened the door he ran inside and hid under some old tables. Totally out of character for him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join