It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing Civil Unrest In England

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Broonie
Two of my friends were jailed for assault. I dont condone this at all but because the guys they were fighting with came from Iraq their charge changed to aggrevated racial assualt and somehow the fact that the Iraqi pulled a knife on them got overlooked, where's the justice?

I wish the liberal police institution would understand that injustices like this are precisely what is fuelling the wider frustration.

Oh give over. Here you go on about British culture and values and don't even realise that you are making this comment based on HEARSAY which is fundamentally ruled out in English and Scottish law.

Get a grip.

Lets tell you something else as you need to be clued in - This nation, the UK (Not its constituent parts so forget that nonsense as well) was built on blood, sweat and tears of people from all around the world, of all colours, creeds and religious beliefs.

"They" are AS ENTITLED as you or anyone else to express their values and identify. THAT is what being BRITISH is all about.

I'm a white, working class person who is PROUD of the mixed culture our country has and i'll be damned if i'm going to sit here quietly whilst small minded racists (and they can dress it up any way they wish) divide this nation.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001
things like this will be getting more fimililar

just give it time

people are angry

People do not know their own history and listen to the bigots as it makes sense in their little communities.

They need to get out and learn about their country, the world and history.

Misplaced anger is just dumb. End of story!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103
I'm a white, working class person who is PROUD of the mixed culture our country has and i'll be damned if i'm going to sit here quietly whilst small minded racists (and they can dress it up any way they wish) divide this nation.

Does that include racists from another culture?

White people are NOT the only racists in this country amigo.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by butterflycatcher
reply to post by Broonie

Your not wrong there! My mate got stabbed in a drunken fight with a Asian, and spent 2 weeks in hospital. Then he got charged with afray!

Hearsay, no facts, no evidence. For all we know your friend started it. What do you want people who are rational to think based on one sentence? Of one persons "friends" side of a story?

The criminal justice system wouldn't accept that and nor should we.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
The historic perspective gives it all away.
When there is an socio-economical problem, who goes down first?
The weakest in a society:
Handicaps (Disabled)
Gays
Minority groups

and so forth. We act like this haven't happened before.
It doesn't take more than 2 minutes to check Germany or any other country during WW1 and WW2.

You HAVE the option to don't let that happen again.

Quite right. Instead of acting like Neo Nazi's these people should be welcoming the different groups into their community, getting to know them and their problem with it would disappear immediately.

They get whipped up into a frenzy by sensationalist tabloid headlines and loud mouth racist rabble rousers and before you know it, they think they know everything.. never once stopping to think for themselves - even though they believe thats exactly what they're doing and its everyone else who is in the wrong.

And all through our lives we're reminded to learn the lessons from history.

Lest we forget.

Sadly, many have.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by milesp
I'm not 100% up on British politics, but from what I've read the BNP is an extremely far-right political group, at least by your standards. In America, we call them Republicans...

Anyway you slice it, a political organization that gains traction and power by blaming the country's problems on minorities is not a good thing.

Republicans are bad but the BNP are worse. They advocate "repatriation" of people based on skin colour.

They're scum but thankfully, very few people vote for them. Those that do are of questionable intellect and responsible for a higher proportion of criminality and benefit sponging that they'd care to admit.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
reply to post by milesp

This has nothing to do with the BNP - other than the fact that the media/UAF have done exactly what you've just done and tried to link it to the BNP when it was clearly stated as being anything but.

They and you can state whatever you like. Their goals clearly aren't that dissimilar. I'm disgusted at the mentality being displayed by fellow countrymen. I'll tell you this, it isn't what countless MILLIONS died for in WW1 and WW2. Many of them will be ashamed.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by milesp

I'm not 100% up on British politics, but from what I've read the BNP is an extremely far-right political group, at least by your standards.

In America, we call them Republicans... Anyway you slice it, a political organization that gains traction and power by blaming the country's problems on minorities is not a good thing.

I suggest you read up on WHAT these Muslim extremist are DOING. Like stoning to death a girl because she got herself raped etc. I am part Lebanese and I am horrified by the "shari laws" that are now common in parts of England.

The issue is not racism it is about the complete change in the laws of England from laws of justice to laws of hatred.

The fact that leftists quickly play the race card is CAUSING this problem. As a leftest you agree that women should not be allowed out of the house without a male member of the family. That she should have her privates cut off. That she should be married without even meeting her husband first. That a husband has the right to beat his wife up to and including cutting her head off as was done by an extremist in New York state USA.

That is what these people are protesting about, those type of "laws"

What a disgraceful assertion. There are laws against those things in this country irrespective of religious belief. You cannot claim that someone supporting integration accepts those things by default.

What an ignorant person you must be.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

Well said.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

Originally posted by NatureBoy
To suddenly switch from being a progressive forward looking nation to being a closed, protective nation would be catastrophic for us!

What's 'progressive' about Islamification? What's 'progressive' about England being transformed into something else, culturally, spiritually and genetically?

I see what you're saying, but I really don't see why Britain and the world cannot move forward, prosper and co-operate successfully across nations without forsaking each nation's national identity.

The UK has always evolved culturally and thank god for that.

I suggest you learn some history, the more i read in this thread the more ashamed i become of these small minded ignorant bigots who think they represent me.

NOT IN MY NAME.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Does that include racists from another culture?

White people are NOT the only racists in this country amigo.

I can't deny that, there are racists from every background but lets not pretend that many are being forced down this route by people thinking as this group do.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

Ok but answer his question:

What is progressive about the islamification of the UK?

I think it's a good question and one that is hard to dodge.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by phoenix103

Ok but answer his question:

What is progressive about the islamification of the UK.

I think it's a good question and one that is hard to dodge.

The UK isn't being turned into an Islamic state. We have secular laws which apply to everyone.

If people wish to deal with civil issues in accordance with their own beliefs then that is their perrogative just as it is with any group. Arbitration and the like have existed for many decades.

Criminal law applies to us all equally.

I fully reject the premise of Islamification, it is simply something used to scare people into joining a cause to suit another agenda.

Its a dangerous precedent and if you consider history, it can lead into a nightmare situation. This is a self fulfilling prophecy if enough people think in such a way.

Well i won't and i'll challenge those who do. That is my right and my duty as a British citizen. It is also yours if you are but you have the freedom to reject that and believe as you wish, so does everyone else.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I'm going to read the rest of this thread but i truly hope you aren't trying to defend these scum.

This isn't about the character, it's about the cause. So what if they're football 'hooligans'? What matters is that their intention is non-violent, non-racist protests against EXTREMIST Muslims. Do you have a problem with protesting against extremist Muslims? The British have a duty to drive out fascism in all its forms. This also means we're going to have to drive out the UAF at some point - the most fascist organisation I've seen emerge in my lifetime.

This nation, the UK (Not its constituent parts so forget that nonsense as well) was built on blood, sweat and tears of people from all around the world, of all colours, creeds and religious beliefs.

No. It was built by British people, with minor input from peoples encaptured within the British Empire. To suggest that indigenous Britons are not predominantly responsible for the (once) greatness of British civilisation is hugely offensive. But then, I suppose you're a globalist and prefer the fantasy that all countries worldwide were built by one people - the 'human beings'.

They're scum but thankfully, very few people vote for them. Those that do are of questionable intellect and responsible for a higher proportion of criminality and benefit sponging that they'd care to admit.

1 million doesn't seem like 'very few'. And regarding your presumptions about criminality and sponging being any higher among BNP voters than others - care to provide evidence, or is it all made of the unsubstantiated lies so commonly used by pro-globalist 'liberal lefties'?

it isn't what countless MILLIONS died for in WW1 and WW2. Many of them will be ashamed.

And flag-burning, churches being converted to mosques, violent fascist groups like the UAF, anti-white racism and the death of free speech (aka political correctness) were not what MILLIONS fought and died in two world wars for either. I agree. Our forefathers would be utterly ashamed at what we have allowed Britain to become.

I suggest you learn some history, the more i read in this thread the more ashamed i become of these small minded ignorant bigots who think they represent me.

I suggest you pull your head out of the sand and stop watching BBC news. And I don't represent you. I will never speak out for people so anti-British that they happily erase thousands of years of history.

I fully reject the premise of Islamification, it is simply something used to scare people into joining a cause to suit another agenda.

And what agenda is that? When a small group of people become sick of a growing totalitarian regime, and are faced with people like you who DEFEND that totalitarian regime, they have an 'agenda'? Is freedom-fighting reserved for the extreme left? Are conservatives, by default, fascist?

I'll let you in on a little secret. The terms 'fascism' and 'anti-fascism', in true Orwellian style, have become interchangeable. By the definition of the word - ie forcing people to believe what you believe - it is only establishment-funded groups like the UAF who are genuinely fascist.

Also, why do you keep throwing the "R" word around? What exactly is racist about this group - the 'English Defence League'? They include people of all races, are not affiliated with any political party, and oppose EXTREMIST Muslims only. Or did you not realise that Islam is a religion, not a race?

[edit on 21/8/2009 by Cythraul]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There's no England any more

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If you folks want to know how the Leftists of Britain are destroying the country, I recommend... and dont think for a second that the Left is only damaging the UK.

Londonistan by Melanie Philips

and

Reflections on the Revolution in Europe by Christopher Caldwell

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974
If you folks want to know how the Leftists of Britain are destroying the country, I recommend... and dont think for a second that the Left is only damaging the UK.

Melanie Philips is widely regarded as a crackpot.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
This is not the only unrest here, remember the G8 'protests'? If there's thugs & racists among us, I'm going for the police as the number one perpetrators & instigators of unrest. Nobody has the perfectly legal right to peacefully protest here anymore. Every protest here, wether it's against animal testing, arms manufacturing, immigration, or the government it's self, is brutally crushed by the police.

Every situation is twisted, if a muslim man and an English man have a fight in a bar over a spilled drink, 9 times out of 10 the English man will not only find himself arrested for affray, but for a 'racialy motivated attack' too.

The fact remains we ARE being made a minority in our own country. As much as a lot of the Easten European migrants are decent, hard working people who do contribute to the country, there are just as many crawling in who don't have those intentions. Take the latest influx of Islamic extremists, allowed to stay in Britain because sending them home would violate their human rights.

However, we're still letting Gary McKinnon, who did nothing apart from walk right into an open and insecure computer network, be extradited to the US to face trumped up 'charges' that he did this & that. Another example that being English in England won't gain you any civil rights or protection from this government.

Chances are if Gary had been another race or creed, we would have cried racism on the US's part & stopped the extradition straight away.
The US don't seem to care about the fact he has Aspergers (which I also have) and that locking him up in a supermax jail would undoubtably either kill him, or kill his mental state.

Where's Obama in all that anyway? I thought he was sposed to be the face of a new & fair America? Extraditing a disabled UFO guy is hardly fair now is it. I had really high hopes & expectations for him, but he's yet to prove every one.

I'm personally worried I might see the next English civil war in my time, I think if Brown makes it through the next general elections, we will be seeing a lot more of what the OP is talking about.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

No kidding. If she was listened to , UK would not be having the problems it does.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

No kidding. If she was listened to , UK would not be having the problems it does.

Most people in the UK find her views pretty reprehensible.

Like a slightly less mental Ann Coulter.

Division only exists because of those who want there to be or due to lack of education. Most people are more than happen to share this country and why shouldn't they be?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join