It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing Civil Unrest In England

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vantelli
Personally I don't think it matters what colour, creed, religion etc etc you are from or believe in, if we don't all come together against the nwo and the governments, military etc that have created all this in the first place (thinking outside the box), then frankly this world is stuffed and you are all still repeating history to a T and doing exactly what they want, negativity and hatred to continue

You are denying reality.
You fail to see that it is exactly as I said above.
TPTB know this and they are playing it to their favor.
This is the divide and conquer game.
Truth is multiculturism DOES NOT work.
The races/tribes will NEVER love each other.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
The historic perspective gives it all away.
When there is an socio-economical problem, who goes down first?
The weakest in a society:
Handicaps (Disabled)
Gays
Minority groups

and so forth. We act like this haven't happened before.
It doesn't take more than 2 minutes to check Germany or any other country during WW1 and WW2.

You HAVE the option to don't let that happen again.

In the UK, although the Muslim community is by definition an "ethnic minority" they are far from being "powerless". To suggest such is to display absolutely no knowledge of the current situation. One of the primary reasons for the current racial tension is because the Muslim lobby seems to have a disproportionate amount of leverage with the UK government who are so politically correct they'd have a hard time stating their own ethnic background for fear of insulting anybody within earshot. The UK is slowly but surely turning into a Muslim state. We are a ways off yet, but it is most certainly leaning in that direction. What other helpless group of hard done by minorities has the ability to change the demographic of a nation in a few decades? The UK might very well be the next "Palestine", I'm pretty sure that's irony.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by quackers]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

I find that hard to believe that different race or tribes cannot love one another. If that was the case then people from different countries, religions and racial backgrounds would not be married or in relationships or have families with one another

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Vantelli]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The racism is strong in this thread.

Curious that when english people speak of immigrants in their country, they never mention the thousands of them living in portugal/spain/italy/france/greece, etc.

It's somehow always the immigrants that come to steal their jobs, etc.

Those evil muslims that have been living in britain since the time of the empire, remember, when you guys went to their countries ? Now they are giving you trouble? And i can imagine, this all happened without provocation, im sure that those nice hooligans wouldn't provoked anyone, they have always been really nice whenever they go anywhere in europe,

Anyway, how many muslim attacks was there before england invaded iraq?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I consider myself fairly left wing, but can understand the frustration of the white underclass of the UK.

I used to consider myself quite left-wing and used to attend left-wing demos. But the situation has changed so much that it caused me to re-evaluate my utmost concerns. I certainly don't consider myself 'right-wing' but rather beyond left and right.

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Seriously the problem lies with many of our politicians and the police.

EXACTLY! Though there are a percentage of the immigrant population who genuinely do wish to strip this country of its 'Britishness', many are pawns in the game as much as we are. It is the politicians who deserve the blame, hence why I believe this English Defence League do not intend to protest directly against the Muslim community itself, but rather to make their voices heard by the government the only way they know how.

Originally posted by butterflycatcher
At my first year of college I was called a Guri Kuti, white dog, and spat at by asian boys.

Did you report this? Imagine if you'd sunk to their racist level and called them 'brown pigs' or something.

Originally posted by Solomons
It's a good thing for governments when people quarrel with each other...can't see the wood from the trees.

GREAT point! I was going to bring this up. My theory is that the global tyrants know how unlikely it is that multiculturalism will work, but that's not the point. It's a tool for destabilisation and distraction.

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
Also wasnt this supposed to be the summer of riots in Europe, has that happened I have not seen it anywhere on the MSM or the net?

Yes but I always knew it was fearmongering. The real riots won't happen this summer, but they will soon. And the subject matter of protests most likely to turn nasty are the ones perceived as race-related. Any assertions of patriotism or opposition to militant Islam will blow up.

Originally posted by Skittle
When there is an socio-economical problem, who goes down first?
The weakest in a society:
Handicaps (Disabled)
Gays
Minority groups

That's true, but not applicable in this case - not anymore, in this country. If the English were frustrated due to the economic downturn, it'd probably be eastern Europeans, or 'immigration' in general that they'd be demonstrating about. This is a separate issue. This is about the clear Islamification of Britain. Everyone can see it, but the media and politicians refuse to talk about it. Besides, as said before, these demonstrators weren't directing their action AT Muslims, but were rather just making a statement of "this is England - love it or leave it".

Originally posted by OhZone
Why is it that instead of seeing the imbedded video, all I see is a black square with a red & blue symbol on a white background in the upper left hand corner? Did they not imbed or is something wrong with my computer?

Perhaps because it's age-restricted? Can you follow the link at the top? It'll take you to youtube login where you need to verify you're over 16. Appears fine for me, don't know about anyone else.

Any one of us can be one on one friends with just about anyone of any race. But the group/tribe will never be friends with any other group/tribe.

Interesting theory. At times I tend to agree, sadly. Humans have tried to deny their tribal instinct, but it will always be there. It doesn't mean we hate groups unlike ourselves, just that we are naturally drawn towards asserting our own group's values.

Originally posted by Vantelli
doing exactly what they want, negativity and hatred to continue

Yes. But when people aren't listened to, what do they do? Shut up, in the interest of keeping the peace, and thus allowing the government free reign to transform the country against your will? Please, tell me what they English should do - and don't say "nothing". Besides, I don't think the English protesters professed any hatred, did they? They just called for an end to Islamic extremism. Do you support Islamic extremism?

Originally posted by quackers
The UK is slowly but surely turning into a Muslim state.

Clear to everyone who doesn't have their head in the sand.

Originally posted by madeioo
The racism is strong in this thread.

Where? Remember - Islam is a religion, not a race.

Curious that when english people speak of immigrants in their country, they never mention the thousands of them living in portugal/spain/italy/france/greece, etc.

a) What relevance is this? Are the English in England directly responsible for the decisions made by people who decided to emigrate?
b) Thousands? There are MILLIONS of immigrants in Britain.
c) This discussion is about protestors against ISLAMIC EXTREMISM - not immigration in general. Are there English extremists in Spain, seeking to totally supplant Spanish culture?

Those evil muslims that have been living in britain since the time of the empire, remember, when you guys went to their countries ? Now they are giving you trouble? And i can imagine, this all happened without provocation, im sure that those nice hooligans wouldn't provoked anyone, they have always been really nice whenever they go anywhere in europe,

When "you guys went to their countries"? I wasn't active in the Empire, or do you take the belief that we're responsible for our fellow countrymen's disdemeanours? Stop tarring all of England with the same brush.4

Anyway, how many muslim attacks was there before england invaded iraq?

What does this have to do with anything? Myself, most Britons, and most probably the English protestors themselves do not support the illegal invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan. A large part of this protest is about the government not listening to the indigenous people and this includes our opinion on the wars.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I'm not 100% up on British politics, but from what I've read the BNP is an extremely far-right political group, at least by your standards. In America, we call them Republicans...

Anyway you slice it, a political organization that gains traction and power by blaming the country's problems on minorities is not a good thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
While the white underclass of Britain may feel unsatisfied with immigration, I think your post was strongly opinionated. You use the term 'over-sensitive muuslims', where clearly the muslims involved in this riot were marching for very similar reasons to this new english group formed.
And while you state this group isn't racist, but made up of football hooligans who JUST dislike Islamic extremism, then you really have to take a step back and listen to yourself.
If your a man who's finding it hard to get a job, while there are many immigrants walking 'straight into' his country and taking available work, then that man is clearly going to join the group that chants
'England, England'.
I feel that racism will creep into this small group, leaving it void from any respect or authority.
Yet on that point, what authority would a group thats 'against Islamic Extremism' even have? Surely everyone is against alleged men murdering innocent people, but marching through a town shouting patriotic slogans is by far the worst logical idea, at ending islamic extremism.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by milesp

This has nothing to do with the BNP - other than the fact that the media/UAF have done exactly what you've just done and tried to link it to the BNP when it was clearly stated as being anything but.

Originally posted by ThinAir
While the white underclass of Britain may feel unsatisfied with immigration, I think your post was strongly opinionated. You use the term 'over-sensitive muuslims', where clearly the muslims involved in this riot were marching for very similar reasons to this new english group formed.

Too damn right I'm opinionated on this issue. Anything wrong with that? I used the term 'over-sensitive Muslims' because what else should they be called when they turn up in mass to attack a group of people of all races who have stated that they're opposed to MILITANT ISLAM. Surely if those hundreds of Muslims in Birmingham are moderate, then they should be standing by the anti-extremists, shouldn't they? (Because, by the way, moderate Muslims were apparently invited to join in the peaceful demonstration against militant Islam) But no, instead, they all turn on the anti-extremists. Which begs the question: If they're against anti-extremists, does that mean they're pro-extremist?

And while you state this group isn't racist, but made up of football hooligans who JUST dislike Islamic extremism, then you really have to take a step back and listen to yourself.

Are you suggesting anything I've said is racist? Please point me to where. And remember, Islam is a religion, not a race.

Surely everyone is against alleged men murdering innocent people, but marching through a town shouting patriotic slogans is by far the worst logical idea, at ending islamic extremism.

a) You'd think everyone's against extreme Islam (which, by the way, can be about more than murder and terrorism) but men like Anjem Choudry have been allowed to call for the Islamification of the UK. THAT is extreme Islam. No-one seems to be doing anything about men like this, certainly not the government. Therefore demonstrations seem justified.
b) What's wrong with displays of patriotism? How else can Islam extremism be countered when the government have made it clear that they intend to do very little about it? Your suggestions please.

[edit on 11/8/2009 by Cythraul]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by milesp

I'm not 100% up on British politics, but from what I've read the BNP is an extremely far-right political group, at least by your standards.

In America, we call them Republicans... Anyway you slice it, a political organization that gains traction and power by blaming the country's problems on minorities is not a good thing.

I suggest you read up on WHAT these Muslim extremist are DOING. Like stoning to death a girl because she got herself raped etc. I am part Lebanese and I am horrified by the "shari laws" that are now common in parts of England.

The issue is not racism it is about the complete change in the laws of England from laws of justice to laws of hatred.

The fact that leftists quickly play the race card is CAUSING this problem. As a leftest you agree that women should not be allowed out of the house without a male member of the family. That she should have her privates cut off. That she should be married without even meeting her husband first. That a husband has the right to beat his wife up to and including cutting her head off as was done by an extremist in New York state USA.

That is what these people are protesting about, those type of "laws"

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
For anyone who still thinks this demonstration was about race:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

...... then that man is clearly going to join the group that chants
'England, England'.

WTF is wrong with singing 'England, England'?
WTF is wrong with singing the name of one's country?
Why is it when Scots, Welsh, Irish and any other nationality for that matter display any pride in their national identity it is lauded and commended yet when any display of English Pride is shown it is deemed moronic and even racist.
Complete and utter bollocks and hypocrisy, (and even posssibly just jealous!).

Still, I digress.

Civil unrest in England?
Possibly.

England is under attack from all side's.

We have continental Europe dominated EU whose agenda seems to be to systematically dismantle England by turning us into a continental style nation.
There is little or no investment in anything in England when xompared to that in Ireland, Wales, Spain, Greece, Poland etc where it is far from uncommon to notice developments funded by the EU.
The only way the EU effects England is by it's anti-English directives which appear to have little concern for the interests of English people.

We have a government system which is outdated and has failed us on every level. This governmment system is staffed, managed and ran by people whose primary concern, if not only concern, is personal gain and advancement and where corruption seems endemic and second only to the EU behemoth.

Unlike the other countries in our great union we lack a government body which looks after English matters and we are dictated to by a government body whose primary concern is maintaining the status quo and where the other British nations have say on English matters yet we have very little say in their's.
English cares and concerns are seriously under-represented.

We live in a country where our every movement is monitored and very soon so will our thoughts and beliefs.

The 'have's' and 'have not's' appear constantly opposed with MSM constantly feeding the envy of the 'have not's' by force feeding the belonging's of the 'have's' down their throats.
The gulf between the two is ever widening and more and more apparent.

We live in a country where a process of openly dumbing down it's populace is ongoing and brain washing our children through the 'fact' driven National Curriculum is occuring.

Our fears are prayed upon every day with MSM terrorising us with stories of feral youths running amok and so we ask the government to take away our rights and civil liberties.

We live in a country where English skilled workmen are actively prejudiced against in favour of other European nationalities for vacancies in England.
This practice is still going on with a seeming news blackout being placed upon this by MSM.
(It is worth stating that English workers were staunchly supported by other Brit workers during the wild cat strikes earlier this year).

English, indeed British culture, is being eroded every single day by PC driven nonsensical policies which pay total disregard to British culture and heritage and impose anti-British beliefs upon us.

England, and Britain, has a long and proud tradition of immigration and welcoming different cultures.
We have absorbed them into our own culture by taking the positives they have to offer and adapting them to the 'British way of life'.
This has allowed Britain to continue and develop.

Unfortunately we now have a brand of immigrants who have nothing positive to offer England and Britain, who refuse to even attempt to integrate, who insult our armed forces and who exploit our freedoms to show their disgust at our system of free speech and who openly state their desire to change Britain into an Islamic nation under Sharia law.
No other immigrant group has ever stated a desire to overthrow us.
Why would they?
And the rights of these people are given precendence over English and British peoples.

What the intention of all this is I don't know but it is clearly affecting a large proportion of both English and British populations and seems as if confrontation is inevitable.
Is that what TPTB want?

I honestly don't know, but I honestly think it's inevitable.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Thanks for your input Freeborn. Always insightful.

What I'm more frustrated by than anything (and this thread has shown evidence of such) are people who say that the English are not allowed to be concerned - that we're overreacting or going about it the wrong way. That's part of the problem, that's what has led to street-confrontations. This is England, this is the homeland of the English. It is not the homeland of ANYONE ELSE. If the English feel their way-of-life threatened than surely they have the greatest right of all to voice their concerns without being told that 'they're going too far'. And when the politicians won't listen, and the media lie with every breath, what avenue is left open to the English and the British? Start up a political party to represent the indigenous British? Well, someone tried that and look what happened .

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

The problem my friend was that to foster the idea of The Union, England had to give up the notion of conquering England.
As a result the very idea of England as a seperate identity / nation fell into mis-use.
But with the current rise in Englisn nationalism and awareness the PC Brigade has deased upon it and deemed it 'racist'.
Other nationalities see it as a reminder of Colonialism.

Along with our fellow Brits, the English now feel threatened at the very same time that we are re-finding our national identity.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Along with our fellow Brits, the English now feel threatened at the very same time that we are re-finding our national identity.

It's a vicious circle. The 'left' wants to put halt to a resurgance of English patriotism by crying "racist" or engaging in violence. Everytime they do, the English feel more threatened and more compelled to strengthen the cause. It's going to result in clashes, no doubt.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Vantelli says: “I find that hard to believe that different race or tribes cannot love one another. If that was the case then people from different countries, religions and racial backgrounds would not be married or in relationships or have families with one another

****Note, that I did say that one on one relationships work out; that it is groups that do not. The larger the groups become the worse matters become. as you are witnessing. The more of them there are the more the tendency to take over.****

madeioo says: “The racism is strong in this thread.”
“Curious that when english people speak of immigrants in their country, they never mention the thousands of them living in portugal/spain/italy/france/greece, etc“.

****Racism is strong in all creatures upon this Earth. It is a built in survival mechanism. Culture can also be divisive.
Birds of a feather flock together for a reason...mainly survival.
When Islam gets thru with you, you won't even be in the history books.

Those “evil Muslims” were not a problem for you before when there were only a few of them, were they? Their increasing numbers makes them brave. This is another of those built in traits. You are rationalizing according to the manipulation that TPTB have put upon you. You are a nice obedient peon.
Note that your English people living in those countries you named are not causing problems there like the Muslims are in Britain. If they were you can be sure that they would be swiftly deported.****

Cythrall, I don’t think my problem is age related.
I can see the vid on you tube. I’ve been working with a cybertec on getting rid of “Relevant Knowledge”; maybe we deleted something we shouldn’t have.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Cythrall, I don’t think my problem is age related.
I can see the vid on you tube. I’ve been working with a cybertec on getting rid of “Relevant Knowledge”; maybe we deleted something we shouldn’t have.

Ah, I see
. Then there must be an issue with your browser's Flash plugin perhaps? Are you able to see other embedded youtube videos on this, or other sites? Nevermind - important thing is that you got to see the video.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
My very racist friend was telling about the EDF the other day, he said it was the only way to get the [racial slur] and the [racial slur] out of our fine nation, hehe he didn't like it one bit though when i said that was all well and good but only if i could chase him out for being a dirty dane who had come to my saxon homeland to steal jobs!!!

Basically they're just a bunch of ineffective small minded bigots with no real aim other that making life easier for their little genepool at the detrement of everyone else - well, of course i only speak for the 6 or 7 i've personally met

This tiny little island sends people all over the globe to do work,commerce, etc - we have a massive area of spain now little more than 'england in the sun' not to mention all our 'dependent' nations and special islands dotted all over the place, then consider that we make money for things made 'under licence' such as the AK-47 which is the most popular weapon in the world, even when made and sold in Africa some money gets sent back to H&K.... You could argue that the very reason that i can afford to sit typeing on a massively complex machine made the other side of the world which i managed to pay for from a single weeks work is because of the international nature of our counry.

The economic and political systems of the world are shaped largely by europe, england and the empire traditionaly playing a very large part in that. To suddenly switch from being a progressive forward looking nation to being a closed, protective nation would be catastrophic for us! Other nations would retaliate or copy our example, in a more closed protectionist global society areas with resources such as Russia, the Middle East and China would very quickly become much, much richer than us - their standard of living would shoot up and ours would plumet rapidly, heh i suppose though to most of the people involved in this sort of movement that doesn't really matter though -as long as everyones skintone's are the same everything will be alright.... lol, idiots.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
To suddenly switch from being a progressive forward looking nation to being a closed, protective nation would be catastrophic for us!

What's 'progressive' about Islamification? What's 'progressive' about England being transformed into something else, culturally, spiritually and genetically?

I see what you're saying, but I really don't see why Britain and the world cannot move forward, prosper and co-operate successfully across nations without forsaking each nation's national identity.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

What's 'progressive' about Islamification? What's 'progressive' about England being transformed into something else, culturally, spiritually and genetically?

None of those things are going to happen, what makes you think they are? You are seriously worried that a massive tide of brown people is going to wash away all the Milton, Keats, Shakespear and More? That some neobronze age wizard worshiping is going to erase the Magna Carta from memory? going to pull down our evidence based legal system, democratic political model and our corporate capitalism?

The British Libary hasn't closed, the Science and Natural History Musieums are still standing (and free), Morris bells still tinkle from the village green - what of england are you scared will fall? meh, we already replaced all our green and pleasant hills with dark satanic mills can't blame the muslims for that.

I see what you're saying, but I really don't see why Britain and the world cannot move forward, prosper and co-operate successfully across nations without forsaking each nation's national identity.

I quiet agree, get our troops out of Iraq and Afghan! oh no, wait - i presume you still want Britain to remain a 1st world nation right? You only want white nations to keep their 'national identity' amirite?

The British National Identity is colosely tied to pith helmets, we got where we are and keep what we have due to the many evil things we did during 'Empire' - I won't start listing genosides, opium wars, etc i'm sure you know what i'm refering too. This county created a trade network and economic system which spans the globe, the early days of the East India Company were nothing compared to the vicelike grip lloyds of london were to develop on the global markets, this system created a massive advantage for western powers which is why we are all so rich and lazy these days compared to the rest of the world.

500 years ago the life of the average british person was fairly similer to the life of the average asian - fields were worked, bread baked, goods made etc. However look at the structure of the British Economy now, it's almost entirely service based - goods and produce are brought from Asia while we Bank or Middle Manage our way through life. Had i been born almost anywhere but europe or america in the same relative social position (poorest kid in school, lol) then i would not have been able to afford this laptop i type on now, this corner of the world is rich because of the international nature of our system.

Really when you consider the history of this island you gotta question what IS our national identity? When we were Roman? When we were Catholic? When we were 'The Empire'? Britain's character is changing and developing all the time, if anything that IS britains character - to change and develop with the times.

hehe oh and don't think this 'brown tide' is anything new, in shakespears day plenty of muslims visited and lived in england - even during the crusades it wasn't #very# shocking to see a muslim living in england - their belief in a slightly different form of monotheistic overlord didn't ruin our culture any more than giveing women the vote, breaking away from the catholic church or having a 100p to the poind did, although of course plenty of people were quiet sure that they would.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

A star for you.

You are correct in the vast majority of what you say.

For the last thousand years after The Norman conquest no significant influx of one particular ethnic group has influenced British society to the extent of changing the way the vast majority live.

Yes we have had immigration and these immigrants have integrated and have contributed in a positive way helping Britain to continue growing and developing.

But this current influx of Islamic fundamentalists openly state they wish to change Britain into a replica of the backwaterstan they originally came from and that they wish to impose Sharia Law upon us all.

Now you may say they have little chance of succeeding, but why even give them the chance?
Their interpretation of Islam allows them to use any means possible, including deceit in their dealings with kaffirs, to bring this about.
As part of this process their birth rates ensures that at some time in the future they could easily outnumber 'indigenous' Brits.

You state that this Green and Pleasant Land has already been replaced by Dark Satanic Mills.
Quite the analogy.
Unfortunately those Dark Satanic Mills have been empty since Thatcher's years and in most of those North Western towns, and plenty other places, they have been replaced with Mosques and their Imans.
That is why there are no-go areas for non-Muslims in amny of these towns. (Which the Police turn a blind eye to, imagine the reaction if there were no-go areas for Muslims!!!).
That is why there is positive discrimination against English / Brits in many parts of Britiain.
That is why the PC brigade bend themselves backward to 'assist' these people whilst ignoring the cares and concerns of English / British people.

Now I genuinely do not give toss about a person's colour or race.
But I take offence when someone comes to my country, tells me how crap my country is and how they are going to change it to suit them.
Over my #ing dead body!

I am sick of people telling me I am racist and I cannot show any national pride.
I am sick of the overpowering, PC driven Nanny State.
I am sick of corrupt politicians pandering to party line rather than the cares and concerns of normal English / British people.
I am sick of my personal liberties being eroded and my right to protest being increasingly restricted.
I am sick of immigrants wishes taking preference over mine.
I am sick of seeing our troops being openly insulted.
I am sick of being treat like a retarded, second class citizen in my own country!

I am a proud Englishman!
I am a proud Britain!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join