Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What President Obama Can Teach America's Kids

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Now here's a very nicely written article about how Obama can be an inspiration to America's youth. The author says a lot of positive things about Obama, nothing negative at all.

Who's the author you ask? Why, none other than Bill O'Reilly.

Read it and see if your opinion of BillO has changed somewhat.

article

As has been widely chronicled, Barack Obama had a tough childhood filled with instability and loneliness. However, that did not stop him from rising to become the most powerful man in the world. His breathtaking achievement presents five important lessons for all children.

Like I said, nicely done ...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I didn't really want to read that article because i felt it would have made me depressed. Good find, though.

[edit on 8/10/09 by CSquared288]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSquared288
I didn't really want to read that article because i felt it would have made me depressed.

Not depressing at all. It's a very good article talking about the President as a person and not his politics.
Great advice in there

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
That was really good. I can't say my view of Bill O'Reilly has changed because of it, but I definitely see a side of him that I didn't know was there. I'd like to see more of it. Then, who knows?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I watch all the MSM Channels. Mostly to get a clear cut view of everyone's propaganda. Bill O has actually been quite fair and measured toward Obama since he took office.

He's still someone I take with a grain of salt, just like everyone in the MSM, but articles like this proves that if nothing else, we can find common ground within the left/right paradigm.

That said, I don't subscribe to the left/right paradigm anymore. And any good example Obama has set as a model for "success" has, to me, been overshadowed by his continuance of Bush policies that I deem unconstitutional and down right despotic at times. "Success" like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Being a Constitutionalist, it is very difficult for me to reconcile his success story with his continued support for the raping of Americas financial future and the potential for the degradation of our freedoms.

This kind of thing has to stop. I would sooner use Ron Paul as an example of what a true success story really is. Or Adam Kokesh.

President Barack Obama will be my Commander-in-Chief starting in October when I leave for the Army. I hope against all that I know that Obama will measure his responses to crises, and not abuse what I put on the line for the American people.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
That was really good. I can't say my view of Bill O'Reilly has changed because of it, but I definitely see a side of him that I didn't know was there. I'd like to see more of it. Then, who knows?

Hey BH, nice to hear from you. It's been awhile since I've seen any of your posts.

If people actually watched his show or read his columns instead of just deciding he's "bad" just because another person said so (or just because he's on Fox), then they would all have seen this "other side". On his show, he shuts down conservative mouthpieces just the same as he does the liberal ones. He's also started having Alan Colmes on his show a lot more.

The commentators on all the networks have become too shrill and too biased for me, so BO is the last commentators I'll watch - if I watch one at all.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Centurian, I agree 100% I find Bill O'Reilly to be very refreshing in this age of severe of partisianship. I think he flogs both sides equally and really is just after the truth, whomever's mouth it comes from.

I really don't understand when I hear people like Bill Maher or Janeane Garofalo slander him and then you hear it parroted around like fact. I don't always like or agree with what I hear on Fox news...but when it comes to Bill, I have listened to him long enough to know he's just after the truth.

Partisianship be damned.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

My complements to Bill O'Reilly for the article and to Centurion1211 for starting the topic .
Admittedly I nearly didn't open this thread because I was fearing the worst of partisan spats . I hope that a member of the boards staff has given the OP some deserved applause.

new topics

top topics

join