It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Irish media is to blame for 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

'Let us be clear about this. The Irish media, in general, bear their share of the responsibility for what happened in the United States. For far too long in this country there has been a prevailing view, which denigrates and condemns and even vilifies American foreign policy. Many of these venomous falsehoods - such as claims that hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians were killed in the Gulf war - have continued to spill out over Irish airwaves this last week. The hatred of America, which drove the suicidal terrorists, doesn't flourish in a global vacuum.' --Retired American diplomat George Dempsey

Dempsey, who served as a senior US diplomat in Dublin between 1988 and 1992, singled out the Irish Times and RTE in particular for what he described as 'witless pandering to Arab irrationality and intransigence'.

The ex-diplomat claimed that the Irish media were dominated by 'an invasion of the body snatchers from a planet peopled by time-warped 1960s radicals and Marxist revisionist historians'. Dempsey said this domination led to coverage that was more favourable to dictators like Saddam Hussein than the United States. observer.guardian.co.uk...

Finally, we know where to place the blame for 9/11! I never would have dreamed that the Irish media represented such a huge threat or that the terrorists made a habit of reading the Irish Times.

Is it just me or does anyone else find this a bit preposterous?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Some Irish also swear they discovered America. Maybe it has something to do with too much whiskey or guinness?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel

Is it just me or does anyone else find this a bit preposterous?

That is pretty lame. Everybody knows that the only way they could have been involved in 911 is if they had been conspiring with Bush & Co. errr i mean 'terrorists'.
Duh

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
ya.... Bush and the rest of the administration is also responsible for the Madrid bombings....in fact....the American administration is responsible for every terrorist act in the world....they are even responsible for all the illiteracy, hunger, torture and suffering that is happening all over the world.....

BTW, just in case someone takes my sarcasm the wrong way, it is "sarcasm."

The U.S administration had as much to do with 9/11 as el partido popular in Spain had to do with the Madrid bombings.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Looks like we got one of them there Bush sympathizers. We don't like your type 'round here. Damn traitors the lot of em.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This is so silly.

Regarding the Iraqi body count, there has never been any official numbers, so pretty much anybody is free to make up whatever number they want. If you want to avoid speculation, don't leave open the opportunity to speculate.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
preposterous indeed.
There are none so blind as those that refuse to see.
For those of us that dont refuse to see, the painful truth is evident.
Irish media? ABSURD
Islamic extremists? Equally absurd.
Inside Job poorly done with enough holes in the official story to strain spagetti thru it?
You be the judge, but only after viewing all the evidence from an objective point of view.
As far as 'bush supporters' go, time will bear witness to the fact that bush makes nixon look like a saint.
His lies will be exposed in time, they always are.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Althou i tend to be more towards the republican side, I have many different views from republicans. I disagree with Bush on the environment, but because i disagree with his views on the environment i don't make it my purpose to bash him and blame every problem there is on the world on him or the administration...

I have said it before, if it was Clinton, even thou he did a #ty job I would back him up too. The information that i have seen makes me think that the administration had no idea exactly when or where 9/11 would happen, all the administration bashers have is wild allegations and nothing more. And the administration definitely did not stage any demolition of the WTC.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Sure aware...I guess noone else in the world got attacked by these "non-existant" Islamic extremists...

BTW weren't you the one to post the exagerated thread on CNN renting a whole office and was debunked?

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Yeah, sounds like crap to me. I think the guy got tunnel vision working over in Dublin for too long. Or maybe he's a kook.

I am going to try to remember this though...

"...'witless pandering to Arab irrationality and intransigence'."

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Yeah, sounds like crap to me. I think the guy got tunnel vision working over in Dublin for too long. Or maybe he's a kook.

I am going to try to remember this though...

"...'witless pandering to Arab irrationality and intransigence'."

My personal favorite was, "... an invasion of the body snatchers from a planet peopled by time-warped 1960s radicals and Marxist revisionist historians"

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Another reminder that propaganda is more alive than ever. Ireland being apart of 9-11, yeah and the IRA loves the queen.

new topics

top topics

join