It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter from the Whitehouse (so it begins)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose

Originally posted by semperfortis
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

Ronald Reagan

Never has that statement been more applicable and frightening...

Semper

Ha... that's the exact same way I felt about the Bush administration. I guess it must be a "perspective" type view.

I can remember when some here stated it was unpatriotic or treasonous to question the POTUS... and now they are doing the same thing.

It's just your perspective guys... we know, we went through it for 8 years!! You will feel better once the GOP comes in power again... and it will. Just hang in there, and try not to start a civil war ok?

We are Americans... we are better than this... we are bigger than this.

If there is a civil war it will because liberals were to scared and blind to accept the truth so they made up imaginary fun worlds where everything is a ok .

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
This whole thing smells like a hoax trying to make the US Government look bad.

This may sound a bit strange coming from me, but I simply refuse to believe that whitehouse.gov would send out unsolicited bulkmail.

Why?

Well for one thing it is illegal to send out unsolicited bulk email. They could be sued by the recipients. Either these mails were not unsolicited or this smells like a fake message. You may want to check the headers on the messages to determine the originating smtp server. If it is in the .gov domain, well, I would be surprised to say the least.

Other than that, I totally agree with the masked one.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth4hire

well my friend I hope you are right, here is the email address it came from ...i dunno maybe some of you are more technically savvy and can figure out if this email is legitimate

"David Axelrod, The White House"

Hah last name sounds kinda fishy, but you never know I had a friend named Robert Wiggle once.....yeah........so its its possible, if anyone finds out anymore please dont hesitate to let me know!

Thank you by the way to everyone for your input, those who agree and disagree alike, Im glad we could keep this thread civil and objective on both sides (for the most part, but theyre will always be exceptions)

Thanks again Fellow ATS members

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

It is most definitely from the White House. David Axelrod is a top Obama advisor and basically ran his presidential campaign.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by milesp

Haha, so? Anybody could write that. If anyone got the email, please post the header for analysis.

On the topic of Health Care Reform, I don't know which side to pick. On one side you have to insurance companies charging outrageous rates, on the other you have cheaper, government sponsored health care. Has there ever been a time where the government helped us? Sure they have. How many people here have actually read the bill before they agree with the outlandish claims and possible dis-info coming from the opposition? I myself don't have the time or strength to read such a big bill.

EDIT: Just saw Protester on Fox: Pelosi 'Thugs' Came In 'Middle Of The Night,' Health Care Plan 'Sentences Our Families To Death' www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's some pretty horrifying stuff
I just don't know what to say..However the "thugs" in the video could be regular citizens so this just gets worse everyday. Please link me to some hard evidence that this bill will euthanize the old and handicapped.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by the Great Gull]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I don't wanna see this baseless political fearmongering here on ATS anymore. You are another of these neocon trolls, probably paid by big corporations or the GOP to brainwash ATSers into thinking that Obama's public healthcare plan will be sopmething like the beginning of the Rapture or whatever... But no, sorry, there are still a lot of intelligent and informed people here who not only never gonna buy that manipulative, faith-based fearmongering, If you have some serious arguments against this healthcare plan, or about that letter from the Whitehouse (that you simply could ignore like the tons of spam you receive everyday, btw), then share it with us. If not, then go make your cheap propaganda somewhere else.

Mods, please take action against this member.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This came from this website. Someone probably put the OP's address in somewhere knowing he would react the way he did.
Just becuase the whitehouse is trying to back up their plan does not mean that big brother is out to get you.
Has anyone ever caught on to this on ATS? When ever the whitehouse says anything they are spreading dis-info or trying to scare you into not leaving your house, but when people like alex jones spread ideas like this they are in NO WAY fear mongering. Kinda strange.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I wonder when Obama will make an ATS thread. Oh, hello Mr President, didnt notice you were reading this thread.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by milesp

It is most definitely from the White House. David Axelrod is a top Obama advisor and basically ran his presidential campaign.

That does not mean anything.

I could send you an email from Barack Obama himself without you knowing the difference.

The email headers are what count. So, did anyone look at them?

EDIT: Plus the fact that if a third party subscribed the OP there is always a countermeasure for that as well. In the email it should read somewhere:

"You received this email because you are subscribed to ....
If you received this email in error, please contact ..."

If that is lacking, OP has grounds to report the sender, which, if it turns out to be .gov is the U.S. Government. OP will then have to report the Government to... the Government.

Good luck

Edit2:

Just report .gov to the usual blacklists, you have grounds OP.

That'll teach 'em.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Truth4hire]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I am glad that a bit of sanity has crept into this thread by the end of it. Honestly, looking from the sidelines here in Canada you'd think that someone has put something into the water down there in the states that is making everyone act like blooming maniacs.

Never have I seen so much exaggerated and extreme rhetoric about something that is intended to help the average Joe. So many of you have gone to the extremes of irrationality on this subject.

Get a grip.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I think that in time you all will come to terms with this. That the government has chosen to take full advantage of current technology in communicating with "the people" is probably a good and inevitable thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

It is no surprise to me what they are doing. They are Nazi's that want to have total control over everything we do and who want to spread the wealth. Everyday people are waking up and seeing just what is going on. Look at nancy pelozi screaming that if we oppose the healthcare bill we are un-American..... Isn't that what makes us American? Being able to voice our opinion when we are against something. Just wait and see, soon they will make it illegal to protest against this administration! It is only going to get worse.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

you are in canada and don't have a clue about some of the things in this bill. you stay in canada and we will stay here, mind your business and don't talk about something you have NO clue about!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
There could be misinformation out there about the health care bill but it is not relevant. Why? I am simply opposed to the bill.

With the baby boomers exploding into increased health care usage shortly, this is the growth industry, not the failing auto industry. The health care industry should be stimulated, more job growth, new products, and the list goes on.

Take a new look at the health care industry, it's one thing we do well. If we're good, we can import patients to cure and knock trade deficits down.

If this bill promised to make health care better and guarantees the best possible solution to your health issue no matter what your age, people will reassess it. Let free enterprise, not a careless government flunky come up with solutions.

The people opposed to this bill are afraid of the dumbing down of services so that everyone is covered. Rationing is inevitable to control costs, and that's not what people want, actually they want more services.

We already spend more than countries with socialized medicine. So it should cost next to nothing to get the uninsured covered. This is going to be a long term program, and if you want to see it work, you need to have the current opposition come to approve of a version.

If you can get someone like Newt Gingrich to say a new bipartisan plan is okay with him, these worried folks can go out and not worry so much.

You don't need us conservatives, so you can pass it now, but if the people vote you out of office in the future, you can kiss health care goodbye again.

You need a bipartisan effort on something that affects everyone like this does.

The email is pointless spam that won't persuade anyone opposed to this bill. Try again without the insults and with bipartisan input.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by A52FWY]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Victoria 1
reply to post by wayno

you are in canada and don't have a clue about some of the things in this bill. you stay in canada and we will stay here, mind your business and don't talk about something you have NO clue about!

It looks like not many of you have a clue what its all about either -- mostly just hyperbole.
I, on the other hand probably have more of a clue than you. I have lived with socialized health care my entire life -- and I can assure you that no-one is being euthanized in Canada because they are too old or too disabled.

Like I said, "Get a grip". There is a reason that 90% of the world has socialized health care. Your country will not lose its identity or character by joining them.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

You have to see the broader scope of things rather then just look at it as "just an email with links"

Did you read my post?

There hasnt been a time in recent memory when the whitehouse has gone out of its way to actively email (or snail mail) people to press their agenda.......they want this healthcare so bad they can taste it........and when politicians are salivating, my gut tells me to do the exact opposite.....

This administration is actively pursing avenues through email, internet and TV,to counter any information coming out about this bill that doesnt support there agenda, going so far as to slander these people who are concerned for their rights, and having press conferences speaking out against anyone who doesnt agree with their agenda......there is something WRONG here.

now is not the time to be short sighted

[edit on 10-8-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

So if I understand correctly this government is doing MORE in trying you to inform you about their activities and objectives? And they USE modern media to reach you?! And you are complaining about it.

That indeed must be a trap ...LOL..what happened to the US?! People are communicating. I admit that must be scary when you are not used to it.

In my country you can communicate with the government and with memebers of parliament fot a lomg time...and you know what...they are just people. Sometimes they are wrong and sometimes they are right. Not children of the devil. But I know, Communication is a bitch.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Health Care Reform Information

Information on the original bill and the amendments put before the house, which ones passes and which ones didn’t.
Original Bill Healthcare reform HR3200
thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.3200:

Referred to House Energy and Commerce
Amendments by the House
energycommerce.house.gov...:hr-3200-americas-affordable-health-choices-act-of-2009-markup-day-5& catid=141:full-committee&Itemid=85
If above link does not work try this one H.R 3200, America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 Markup, Day 5 Or this one energycommerce.house.gov... and click on the title above.

I'm new here so I hope I am doing this correctly.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
All i can say is that i feel sorry for every single american person. Honestly, the BS, the lies, the deception, the dis-info, the dis-info about the dis-info...man, i do not know how you all don't just turn around together as one and say, screw you mr power hungry selfish buggers, and force changes to be made. I am pretty lucky that here in Australia things seem to go pretty well...though i am dreading the day that American political influence will take its toll on our leaders, as it had started to with John Howard before he left parliment and his party got their asses handed to them after that.

These people that run our daily lives are but a few...we, the people are many...and when i last went to school, the many easily beat the few...who cares about law and bills...no body can enforce something else upon anyone that is inhumane and negligent...if only the subtle brainwashing that the world has given us over the last 100 years was as easy to reverse and have all peoples eyes unveiled to the truth as the rest of us here on ATS...well most of us at the moment any way.

Good luck americans, your going to need every single ounce of it...i really do hope you are all able to get through these troubled times and lead a revolution into a better and brighter future for which you fought for years and years ago when your forefathers first established its civilization...good luck and may the people reign supreme.

peace, Ooder out.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Just to make sure, is everyone able to view the documents i posted?

My question to you is this: how did they get your email address? Did someone turn you in using that [email protected] program?

Apologies if this was asked and answered later on in the thread.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose

You will feel better once the GOP comes in power again... and it will. Just hang in there, and try not to start a civil war ok?

Anyone who would feel better because one party or the other is in power is totally and completely brainwashed. GOP is no better than the Dems, and the Dems are no better than GOP. Republicans and Democrats are all in the same party, they are just trained to act as if they are not. They both basically want the same agenda which is told to them by the power that controls their strings.

We are so busy fighting each other, that only a few people have stopped fighting and realized that there is someone else controlling everything. Until we stop fighting along party lines and take the blinders off, nothing will really change. Their agenda will pass one way or another either under the democrats or republicans. It really doesn't matter to them as long as the sheeple are following the agenda that is being pushed down their throats.

The democrats and republicans may do things just differently enough just so the facade can continue. Their ideas and what they talk about is just enough different that people will believe that they are two separate parties, when they aren't. It is all done to keep us in line. They will never know who the real power behind the government is.

Those of us who have taken off our blinders can get a glimpse of who or what that power is. Just enough to know that this person/organization is very large, has more power than the government, controls more than just our government, right now there seems no way to fight it. They can and will keep anyone from getting into a too powerful position that will actually try to change their agenda. They can and will destroy us all if we get too out of control. All they have to do is pull the plug on the economy, and make prices sky rocket through interest and the markets. They have the power.

Their power flows through the IMF, the world court, UN, and I imagine in many other places as well. Some may believe that the IMF is in control and it stops there, but does it? I imagine they don't just focus on the US, since I believe their goal is global control over every human as much as possible. They are happy the more laws that are passed that puts more people under their control. What their exact agenda is, we don't know for sure. People have already tried to guess at it, and some found hints as to what it is. I don't think we have a full grasp of it is, or the lengths they will go to obtain it.

All I know is that health care for everyone sounds good, if done properly. They won't do it properly. They may concede some minor points to the people, so the people won't suspect anything. Those points will be made up later down the line when they start adding to and subtracting from the law in a couple or few years.

Do we really have a choice? If the health care bill doesn't pass this year, they have a plan and then a back up plan. I suspect they will make the industry through economy, insurance, lawsuits, and anything else in their bag to make the health care industry even worse until it gets to the point where it will pass. The longer it takes, the less they will concede to the people, and the more liberties they will take to put us more in their control putting the choker, cuffs, and chains on us until we become their puppet slaves.

As long as we have any choice, they are not happy. The only choice they want us to have is the choice they give us.

To anyone who still believes we have a two party system, and that those parties are different, take your blinders off. If a third party wins a presidential election it still won't matter. Either that person will be under their control, or they will be eliminated in one way or another like JFK and Ron Paul were. Both were eliminated in two different ways. Those are only two ways.

Even a third party will not be any different as far as their over all agenda is concerned. They will allow a third party if they thought it would help them pass their main agenda. It would allow the sheeple to think they have even more choice, when they don't.

Their main agenda since Hillery Clinton has been to get the health care agenda passed. They were slowly working on us letting us get use to the idea of having a universal health care plan. What is interesting right now is that instead of their normal patience in waiting a little longer while brainwashing us even more, they seem to need to get it to pass quickly this time.

Why is this time any different? Why do they need to get it passed so quickly? What time line are they on that it needs to be done so soon? Will they actually fail if it doesn't go through?

Think of why other countries have universal health care. Is it because it is best for the people, or is it because they want most or all major countries to have it. If so, why? Why is it so important for the US to have it? Where does it fit into their plans?

Euthanasia?
Getting rid of those they deem not fit to live?
Depopulation?
Something more sinister?

If I could believe the government, then I would think this would be a good thing. I can't trust the government. I actually the government is saying one thing, but actually means another or the opposite of what they say. When they say we will be able to keep our private plans, don't believe it. When they say the decision would be between you and the doctor as to the best way to treat you, don't believe it.

Just know we are in an illusion maze made by them, so we will be totally confused. We will not be able to tell the difference between what they say and what they actually mean.

It would take something major to change to make me trust the government again. There was a time when we were able to trust our government, but not any longer. The powers that be seem to have become almost too big and powerful to fight. We can still win some battles, but more than likely never the war that we have been in for a very, very long time. The longer the war continues, the more power they gain, and the less we have.

Maybe the question then becomes how do we survive in the system we are being caged in, and chained to?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join