It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter from the Whitehouse (so it begins)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

This is true, the final bill is not finished. I think the fundementals are in place, its just a matter of adding pork, pet projects and special exemptions to bring votes on board. The letter is just reaffirming the fundementals.

If it were just saying "but reform IS needed" no one could disagree .. my main objection is the white house is a public office, and tax funds are being used to push these messages.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I think the final bill was finished, but they got caught with their pants down when people started to read the damn thing. Like I said, this bill was introduced (already written) in November of 2008.
They have had this planned for a looooong time.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Oh indeed, whether hillary or obama won the same bill would have been presented, just as cap and trade.. they had the backers from the start. Just as the gop had investors with ideas lined up... sad this is what politics devolvs too .. but perhaps through all of history the process has never truly changed, but has been refined.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Agreed. And I'm not making this a rage just against democrats. If McCain was elected, the same bill would've been there as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Yes, I can. I can show you an example.

www.cbsnews.com...

Do you honestly believe that this is being peaceful?

What will happen if universal health care is brought into our country? Will protesters start killing?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Wow, some strange posts here.

Yes the White House has the right to send these out. No problem there. Do they have the right to lie?

Why do I say lie? There are multiple versions of the Bill right now and a final is still in the works. Nobody including the White House has any idea what the final would be or how it will impact anyone...

Actually I heard someone speak to this the other day. Evidently, Obama is learning from Clinton in so much that he will let congress bat it back and forth and listen to all the arguments before coming in with something they want to rally around.

It's not as disingenuous as it appears.

link   
reply to post by napayshni57

Actually i have, and I didnt think about that....someone could have done something like that unknowingly, or hell even knowingly lol ya just never know these days!

Honestly too, its not that hard to register someones email for things such as this, it could have been anyone.

The thing is i know other people who have gotten this too that didnt sign up for the alerts, so its a mystery to me!

Good call tho!

link   

I'm all for health care reform and I think most people are. I'd love to see a plan where I could give my own employees good insurance. I'm a tiny business though and if it's expensive and mandated, I'll be OK but my staff will be layed off immediately.

I just flat don't trust them. Left or Right, I don't trust them anymore.

I've seen Obama contradict himself so many times on camera that I don't see how anyone could trust him now. He always does something other than what he says and his plans are not working. Now he has Unions inciting violence which scares the crap out of me. I've seen the tapes of them getting their instructions. Gives me the chills. Corrupt Unions in partnership with a corrupt White House should scare everyone.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Your right nothing to see here at all! Move along and don't worry we have your best interest at heart! In fact we are going forth with the public option because we have the majority in the house. And after we push this threw and cram it down you respective throats we will socialize education and cram that down your throats to! Why not because you can't stop us! And we will get as much done before 2010 that we can because we want to and you can't stop us!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I could be mistaken, but I believe if these emails were in fact sent unsolicited, they could be in violation of this:

THE PRIVACY ACT OF 1974
5 U.S.C. § 552a

As Amended

§ 552a. Records maintained on individuals

www.usdoj.gov...

If the current administration also follows through on their proposed plan to collect the names of individuals not following the "official" facts of the Health Care Reform' that seems to me to clearly violate this act.

By my understanding, this act generally says that any federal agency can not keep records on an individual that is just exercising free speech.

I also think it is interesting that this same statute contains this:

Sec. 7(a) (1) It shall be unlawful for any Federal, State or local government agency to deny to any individual any right, benefit, or privilege provided by law because of such individual's refusal to disclose his social security account number.

But then perjury, malfeasance, and corruption are the norm of modern politics.

Perhaps we could try a true democratic vote on these issues. One citizen = one vote, to determine if the majority really desire these measures.

I think the representative part of our representative constitutional republic has been lost in the politics.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
well kings and queens lived well.....there modes of transportation was slow.......they didn't have A/C ....although they had slaves fanning them.....they could have food provided and cooked for them....but we just have to run to the local store (publix) for me and we have a much greater variety to choose from.....(nevermind the chemicals in it).....I would say we have a long life span on average than they did........and also they probably had a great deal of stress that someone would Yell "off with their heads" soon......or perhaps they drank so much wine and had so many wives that they just enjoyed the time they were on top......but hey i just like mixing things up sometimes and seeing things from a better perspective......it's like when your on a sinking ship .......why not sing as it went down like the titanic.

I think the big surprise over the next two years .....will be the One time overnite devaluation of the dollar probably in relation to the Yuan (chinese currency) and maybe others.......this will hurt savers and probably help certain asset classes as well as income's and aid a bit in debt relief....the other large issue is will the federal reserve ever be able to step out of the capital credit markets which they are supporting...........many industry's CRE corporate's and banks are carrying a large amount of debt that needs to be restructured......that is why no lending is occuring or WILL until that is cleared......clearing it will re-start lending..........a devaluation will take care of this.....when will the best time for this be? i dunno sometime during a global epidemic this winter or next..or possibly after the banks load up on shorts prior to the 4'th quarter earnings coming out.......then when stocks look their worst and will be ....the devaluation will send them right back up....fun times ahead

[edit on 11-8-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
From your source.......CBS news

reply to post by Mak Manto

There it goes again........first 912 is not an activist group.....read up on it....

Second its not republican , its made up of every political party......

"The insurance industry and … Republican activists are manufacturing a lot of these phony protests,'' Castor said, according to the St. Petersburg Times.

3rd that quote is more disinfo, they say this like i said, to marginalize and discredit what is going on...

They arent phony protests, they are generally angry people who arent being heard by their representatives and being fed a line of B.S.

An unanticipated crowd of several hundred people turned out to the Bernard Middle School gym in south St. Louis County, the Post-Dispatch reported, due in part to the local Tea Party Coalition, which urged members to attend the forum and subsequently spurred Democrats to boost their attendance as well.

Look at that, these "republican fake demonstrations" are asking democrats to actually join them and help us speak out about the wrongs that are being committed by the administration......like i said this cuts across party lines.....if it was a "republican organized" protest, dont you think they would be too busy running down these said democrats, instead of asking them to come with them so that THEY could have their voices heard?

One liberal attendee who was arrested told the Post-Dispatch his 51-year-old female friend was sprayed with mace by police officers after attempting to takepictures of the scene.

And they wonder why the people are pissed.....are you failing to see this here? The administration, and the agenda they are pushing shines through.....looks to me like supression of freedom of speech to me.....sprayed with mace for trying to take pictures? Yeah Id be outraged too.....and they wonder why these gatherings turn out the way they do....

These people were trying to take pictures and they got maced.....wonder what else they did that incited people to get out of hand?

Am i the only one seeing what is going on here?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

It's a circus. Sad to say but the USA is becoming a circus, and the level of hyperbole, the accusations about Naziism and Hitler and the like - it's insane, and way WAYYY over the top.
Looking in from the outside and well, it makes you wonder about what's become of the USA. The hyperpartisanship and the vitriolic attacks, the finger pointing with the exclamation of "EVIL!" reveals much about the American psyche.
What the hell is wrong with you people?

Does this have anything to do with the fact that the Dems have 60 seats..?

[edit on 11-8-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Yes, Man, the protesters are innocent little people who just want their voice heard, and the liberals are the big baddies!

Is this what you want to be said?

Well, there you go.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Not a flame but didn't it occure to you that perhaps they are just try to assuage peoples fears? I mean look at the attempts *by any means necessary* to like this plan and Obama to Hitler and Nazi. The Replublicans are tapping into some pretty low tactics this time around. But of course you have your right to think whatever you wish but I honestly think you are jumping the gun.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I think people need to be thinking about a new viable third party in the USA for 2012, somehow..

The GOP and Right Wingnuts have knocked themselves OUT.

However, there still needs to be a counterbalance capable of representing the interests of the people, and it sure aint the likes of Sarah Palin or Newt Gingrich.

THIRD PARTY!

You need it USA, to restore sanity. This left/right two party duality isn't working. It's bring out the very worst in people.

It's quite disgraceful what's going on, and an embarassment once again for the USA.

You've just got to look at this thing from the outside looking in.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

So, what will you policies be for the economy, foreign policy?

How about social policy?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I think this post is not in accordance with the current release
of the NewSpeak guidelines.

en.wikipedia.org...

This post obviously came from some thoughts that you must be
having and you will need to be questioned by the thought police.

en.wikipedia.org...

Big brother has spoken via his email message.

Big Brother

Do not think your writings have not been seen by Big Brother,
room 641a hears all.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

The all seeing eye of the pyramid of new social structure sees all.

Like I have said in many other posts, it is far far too late.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPC_D
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Your right nothing to see here at all! Move along and don't worry we have your best interest at heart! In fact we are going forth with the public option because we have the majority in the house. And after we push this threw and cram it down you respective throats we will socialize education and cram that down your throats to! Why not because you can't stop us! And we will get as much done before 2010 that we can because we want to and you can't stop us!

For the most part, education is already socialized. They did that a long time ago because they realized that it would give kids a shot in the world that they otherwise wouldn't have if they couldn't afford private tuition.

They also teach proper homonym usage in the public school system...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
What I have always tried to do is take what information (or disinformation) the PTB want you to believe and subject it to research. I look into what they say and try and find the truth.

9 times out of 10 the PTB are full of horse manure. This is one of those times. The Obama plan for health care won't work. It is a disaster waiting to happen.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join