It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter from the Whitehouse (so it begins)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
Ummm I'm sick and tired of the counter disinfo by the people not buying

into this. I'm just gonna go and say that you guys are the disinfo agents

and the bill is actually plausable because all I ever see on this site is

people bashing the healthcare bill. So in short, your the ones causing the

disinfo not the white house.

-Joker

Another "Well informed" voter making a very well thought out decision on "What is right"

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well Prison Planet and ATS send out emails too. You just do not see people posting thread about dis-info they get from that side.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
WOuldn't this be a violation of the Paper Reduction Act? Goodness, Obama isn't so green afterall! And to cut down all those trees for the means of Mind Control in order to sway the public's opinion *tsk, tsk*. I think we may have a lawsuit on our hands.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Deny ignorance, Afterthought!

Did you even read the first sentence?

I just got my first email from the white house today. Telling me not to believe in the hype, not to buy in to the disinfo.

It's an e-mail. Not a letter.

[edit on 10/8/09 by Mak Manto]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
WOuldn't this be a violation of the Paper Reduction Act? Goodness, Obama isn't so green afterall! And to cut down all those trees for the means of Mind Control in order to sway the public's opinion *tsk, tsk*. I think we may have a lawsuit on our hands.

The letter in question is actually an e-mail. Have fun suing...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

They're out there. Go find it yourself.

You missed the point of my response. Read it again.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Whoops! My bad. I read the thread, then got a phone call & remembered it later as a letter. It's late. I'm probably too tired to be blogging anyways. But another thing to consider is that not everyone has the internet. I have come across many a people in my day-to-day slavery that don't have internet. How would the govt. reach them? In all common sense, they would be targeted after the internet group.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

No, I didn't.

Your point was that event organizers are shouting down the protesters. I asked for evidence, and your not willing to look to validate your point.

My point is this: if you're going to have protesters screaming and ranting when others are trying to have a civil discussion, who do you think you are trying to put down the White House on fighting back?

You also brought up about the Black Panthers, which Obama didn't support, and which has nothing to do with health care reform!

Stay on topic, man.

The White House has every right to say that the health care form is a good thing, and if anybody on here believes they're evil or wrong by sending out e-mails on this, then what's the point of it all?

Are you going to only allow the protesters to have their say, or is everyone allowed the right to debate on this?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
this is unbelievable. they must think we're as dumb as animals. the storm is brewing and they want to double chain the fences around the sheepfarm.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
We all know they're gonna shut 'em up. It is HOW they shut 'em up that will tell the truth.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Honestly.. The reason they couldn't send out e-mails like this before is because the internet wasn't as popular! Now it seems almost everyone has a e-mail account. The reason they are sending it from the white house is because if they report it to the media, they will screw up the story like they always do. I think this side is good because it actually allows us to see the real points on it instead of the points the media and online sites like this one always claim are the points.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

This is just a thought but have you sent out any emails to people on your email list about the health care bill?

Do you remember when the white house put out that web addy flags something.com to send fishy emails and fishy rumors to?

Maybe someone forwarded them an email to that site and they took your addy off of it. It might of even been someone that someone you sent it to sent it to them if they didn't clean up the forward your addy would of still showed you as forwarding it at some point.

After all we don't know what they were going to do with the info they collected off that web addy.

I might be way off base since no one else has posted the idea though.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Some people don't want to wake up, as they have come to love the dream they are in.....They have everything they have ever wanted and everything society deems respectable......They don't " need" anything else nor do they want change..

They have spent their entire lives busting their ass to get where they are and we expect them to just throw it all away because none of it is real?

I agree with you that people should wake up, but from what I have observed, not many people will wake up.....

The children are more easily persuaded, and right now intelligence and truth are losing out to our younger generations......

The people in power of us are VERY good at controlling ....That is there SSSpecialty

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

First off can you show me an instance where they have assaulted anyone? Second, these people come to town halls to listen to these politicians provide answers to their questions about this bill and they politicians either shut them down or wont answer the questions at all! I know ive been to a few...what do you think is going to happen when people start ignoring the concerns of everyday working class individuals?

I have answered this question in the thread once already.....

I dont think theres anything wrong with anyone presenting their point either side......

What I DO find wrong, is what they are doing in conjunction with the emails....you know, slandering anyone who disagrees with it, stating that the people at these town hall meetings who are generally angry are only agents of the GOP....once again MAKING PAID ADVERTISEMENTS FUNDED BY THE WHITEHOUSE, to demean and marginalize the genuine anger by the American people to how this administration is treating them......telling these same angry people they are on "Thin Ice".....

Theres nothing wrong with presenting both sides, if that is INDEED what you are doing........but heres the problem ........the whitehouse isnt doing that, they are lying about whats in the bill, hell Obama said himself he wasnt sure what all was in the bill.......give me a break!

They arent trying to defend anything, they are trying to railroad a bill down the United States' throat , DESPITE what WE the PEOPLE want......

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by iknownothingiswear
this is unbelievable. they must think we're as dumb as animals. the storm is brewing and they want to double chain the fences around the sheepfarm.

with good reason they think we are dumb animals.....they control us pretty dang well thru mindless consumerism......MSM propoganda.....and two generations of crap education..........only in the last 5 years have the younger generations woke up.....i'm not sure about the old generation but i have an idea they know how the game is played and they just are glad to be breathing and not put down. (although with health care passage un-protective workers .....)

but let's face it people ......what happens in other country's .......like south american country's when people get older........what type of health care system do they have (i am ignornat of this knowledge) but that is the living standard america is going toward......america over the next 15 years will see the biggest population of high wage earners retire....or be replaced....or close their businesses......

everday i think it is a freak'n miracle that with all the corruption that there is a semblance of rule of law in so many country's around the world....some people harp on this corruption ( i do as well) but every now and then i take the time to say damn......with all the issues out there...all the corruption it must be a miracle that most people today live better than kings and queens did of century's ago.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Well , looks like it has begun people....

I just got my first email from the white house today. Telling me not to believe in the hype, not to buy in to the disinfo.

People need to wake up and realize what exactly is going on here. NEVER in recent history has an administration actively sent out emails to try and dissuade people from listening to an opposing side of an issue, this is unprecedented!

Since when do we try to actively shut down an opposing view DIRECTLY from the white house?

Since the Iraq war of 2003.

However, I don't quite see it the way you do. I don't see it as the admin trying to shut down an opposing view. There is no opposing view to reality.

It is simply trying to clarify the lies which so many have been spreading.

What's wrong with that? It's one thing to say you don't want the gov healthcare, it's an entire other matter to spread lies.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I don't trust anything the two parties try and pass.

I sure as hell don't trust 1200 page bills the two parties conjure .. from the patriot act to the bail outs via bush, to obama's bailouts to heakth care.

The most damaging bills in recent history have been massive, and have been shoved through the process as fast as possible.

The white house issuing emails isn't surprising .. disturbing for sure, but imo no worse than a congress person issuing such an e-mail. The fact is, this is a major, major issue.. and few people expected it to be sprung on them so soon and so fast.. obama only has him self to blame for his policy blitzkrieg.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Wow, some strange posts here.

Yes the White House has the right to send these out. No problem there. Do they have the right to lie?

Why do I say lie? There are multiple versions of the Bill right now and a final is still in the works. Nobody including the White House has any idea what the final would be or how it will impact anyone...

...UNLESS, the White House has the final Bill in hand even though it has not been voted on yet. That is worse than a lie! That would mean the White House and the Democrats have done an end run around the process! That would mean they no longer are bothering with the process of Committees and Votes. They have decided that non-Democrats no longer exist as far as they are concerned!

If that's the case and I think it is, They may as well just tell everyone in Congress who is not a Democrat to take a long vacation with pay. Heck, send the Democrats home also and give Obama signature stamps then they could all fly around the world on imaginary government business with their families and friends.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Do we really live better than queens and kings of centuries past? We might have the latest plastic gadget, but does that bring happiness? I don't think it does, in fact, I would say we are a generally more depressed than at any other time.. anyways, I think you gave me a good idea for a thread..

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kords21
Maybe someone can help me understand this. There is no final version, just the house version, which from the thread discussing it I think is a nightmare of a bill, so how can the White house dispute things if they don't have a final version of the bill and they can definitively say "This is in the bill, this is what people are saying and this is why it's false". Does this strike anyone else as odd? Wouldn't the white house look stupid if they were touting one part of the bill that got sacrficed as a concession to the Republicans?

They are saying that now as an excuse for not reading it. They are saying that now so they can cover their butts when the final version comes out. They got caught with this outlandish bill, and instead of standing up and saying that this is what they want, they are now using excuses.

This bill was written in Nov of 2008. Look at the dates!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join