It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter from the Whitehouse (so it begins)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...nothing skeery there - just links to info... no one was threatened... no one is forced to read the explanations or accept them as fact...

I just got an email from the Bush administration, telling me what they say about the Iraq war is lies and that I should only listen to them.

Somehow, I doubt the response would be the same.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I found this quote from then Senator Obama, on his desired goals for healthcare

Obama, speaking at the SEIU conferencre in September, 2007 had this to say about your insurance received through your employer. "But I don't think we're going to be able to eliminate employer coverage immediately. There's going to be potentially some transition process. I can envision a decade out or 15 years out or 20 years out where we've got a much more portable system."
url

[edit on 10-8-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
i don't think the letter is a bad thing. it seems to me that it's simply a white house that is actively looking to support it's side of the argument with sources rather than just trying to change minds through statements to the media and repetition in rhetoric. i'm cool with it.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I get all those letters as well. I occasionally send the president my thoughts on things, and show my support, so I guess I am on his email list. Unfortunately, we haven't had the opportunity to Twitter yet.

I don't mind getting the emails but they have gone a bit overboard with it. I get something at least every other day. I appreciate him staying in touch, even if it is a bit excessive, but I hate the fact that many of his emails continue to ask for political contributions. I support Obama's policies so far, although the verdict is still out, but I am truly dissapointed in the way he has handled the biggest obstacle to getting this country back on track. that is allowing politicians to accept money from their constituents and corporations. Until this changes, nothing really changes.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The problem is that it hasn't been a true Democracy for years. Your vote doesn't count. Your voice will not be heard. Your elected officals , get this, weren't elected by you. Someone with a lot of money paid to have every person that sits in a position of power where they are. So no, we don't live in a democracy. You too can buy a politician if you have enough money. It's been that way as long as money has been around. You can't change it without total destruction of the current political system and rebuilding it from the ground up. Ooooo no I'm a terrorist! lol

[edit on 8/10/2009 by pwrthtbe]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
they are sending email's. ect

cause they ALL know if they pass it there is gonna be alot of fighting American's over it.
Otherwise they wouldn't be getting mad now BEFORE HAND...

+ it doesn't help the gave obama all those trillions of dollar's and not read one ounce of it.
They are gonna do the exact same with this bill.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
i refuse to read your post because you put in the title (and so it begins). reminds me of godlikeproductions

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
(This is to the creator of the thread)

So, let me guess this straight...

If protesters of health care reform are allowed to yell, scream, call in death threats to representatives, and assault people who want health care reform, you're going to get angry that the White House is going to say that they're wrong?

So, the opposing side is allowed to say what they want, but when Obama and the White House do the same thing, they're bad and wrong?

What the hell is going on here, ATS? I mean, seriously!

I don't care if you disagree with the plan, but are supporters not allowed to defend theirselves?

Are they not allowed to speak up for what they believe is right?

This is ridiculous!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

You're right, they want us to buy into their hype. Sorry.

The only disinfo I have seen as of late has been coming from the WH.

Also, to respond to the above post. I, and I don't think any other person against this *particular* version of health care reform believes that shouting down or violence is the correct response. However, if when in an open forum, the individual hosting the event shouts down someone with an opposing view, then there is no democracy. I don't believe I have heard one person advocate violence who is a part of the MSM.

I do believe that the UNIONS sent in their own whose sole purpose was to intimidate and rough up the dissenters. Of course, this wouldn't be the first time that union goons were used in this fashion. Maybe the black panthers can show up at the next town hall to prevent spirited debate much like they attempted to intimidate and block voters from entering a Philidelphia voting precinct. Oh yeah, Obama let them off the hook.

That speaks volumes to me! How about you?

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

I just got my first email from the white house today. Telling me not to believe in the hype, not to buy in to the disinfo.

Anythoughts are welcome.......no flaming thnx!

mandbehindthemask

The country will drown without reform. Medicare B is a black hole, oversight is needed. Without the social services in this country one should expect to have shanty towns and large parts of the populous living in the dirt. Medical care should be a god given right for the betterment of our country and its people.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Except that it hasn't been the case, has it? You show me a video where the individual hosting event shouts down the people protesting.

Lol, though, there is plenty of evidence of people screaming down the event organizers.

You can't have people screaming in these things. If they want to protest, they can go outside and protest.

These are supposed to be civil discussions.

CIVIL! NOT YELLING, LIKE THIS!

IMAGINE, FREENRGY, IF ALL OF ATS POSTED LIKE THIS! IT WOULD BE KIND OF ANNOYING, HUH?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

you shouldn't trust the MSM or the government,

but of course.....a lot of people don't take that advice.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymouse11
arent there laws against spam ???

The residents of Hawaii would be very upset if there were laws against Spam.

I'm just saying.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Suprised someone hasnt sent in a virus

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
(This is to the creator of the thread)

So, let me guess this straight...

If protesters of health care reform are allowed to yell, scream, call in death threats to representatives, and assault people who want health care reform, you're going to get angry that the White House is going to say that they're wrong?

So, the opposing side is allowed to say what they want, but when Obama and the White House do the same thing, they're bad and wrong?

What the hell is going on here, ATS? I mean, seriously!

I don't care if you disagree with the plan, but are supporters not allowed to defend theirselves?

Are they not allowed to speak up for what they believe is right?

This is ridiculous!

Bingo. This IS ridiculous. Surely the fact that this topic is being so hotly debated proves that the "system" is working just fine. I really don't see the problem with this e-mail at all

This clearly isn't some shady government carpet bombing of spam....I haven't received the e-mail and, AFAIK, nobody else I know has either.

This is a none-story

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy
Pelosi has said that the Healthcare protesters are

"UN-AMERICAN."

www.foxnews.com...

This is the kind of word-twisting and false information you get from watching MSM. It's simply not true. If you would look beyond your hatred, you might actually find the truth. Even your source says:

Pelosi and House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer claimed such behavior is "simply un-American."

And it is. Organizing disturbances of the peace to prevent people from having discourse with their representatives is un-American. The behavior is un-American. Not Healthcare protesters... :shk:

I can't believe I'm "defending" Pelosi!
But the truth is the truth. And what you say is not the truth. Look beyond the FOX headlines...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well part of being a citizen of this country of ours is our right to free speech. That does not mean right to recieve only what i think is right. If Alex Jones and David Icke have the right to say whatever the hell they want with little to no proof. The white house also has the right to put it's two cents in on any argument it wants.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And it is. Organizing disturbances of the peace to prevent people from having discourse with their representatives is un-American. The behavior is un-American. Not Healthcare protesters...

So then, would you say that what the original Boston Tea party people exhibited behavior that was not acceptable? When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary....etc. etc.
Don't you realize that people believe that our way of life is being threatened, and don't you agree that the people that are supposed to represent us, have decided to IGNORE us? They pass bills in the middle of the night, they push through bailout bills that almost no average citizen wanted, or could pay for, they allocate millions for extra private jets they don't need,........and on and on and on.

What recourse do they have?
Many of us peacefully wrote our representatives. The vast majority of the American public was against the bailouts, but they ignored us.

Maybe, just maybe, they need a wakeup call to see how serious we are?

Peaceful petitions got nowhere, did they?

Besides, is it American to send SEIU union thugs to beat up people that don't agree with the health care plan?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I fail to see what is so earth shattering about this e-mail...

Political mailing lists have been around for a long time. They're a means of getting the word out for parties and politicians. It's a non-issue.

And as far as I can tell, the content of the e-mail is sound. Much more so than the rumors of forced euthanasia and the like.

A lot of the people who are up in arms about this need to take a breather and realize that this is an effort to derail Obama and the Democrats from taking a step in the right direction on healthcare. Why? Because they know that a government option is popular with a large part of the public and that if it succeeds, it will be harder to unseat them in congress in 2010.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Ummm I'm sick and tired of the counter disinfo by the people not buying

into this. I'm just gonna go and say that you guys are the disinfo agents

and the bill is actually plausable because all I ever see on this site is

people bashing the healthcare bill. So in short, your the ones causing the

disinfo not the white house.

-Joker

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join