It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter from the Whitehouse (so it begins)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

i didnt dream anything up in my head, i read , i research etc.......the problem is the facts arent exactly as they are presented..... and are a lot of half truths....

Also what they OMIT from their explanations has just as much to do with being honest about this bill as what they TELL you.......not to mention what they TELL you contradicts any common sense.......

As far as shutting down any outside views.........well when they have videos on there that take the concerns of people who have looked through this bill and downplay them, i find that troubling.....

and really why should we trust the websites provided by the whitehouse when they are CONNECTED to the whitehouse? these arent objective counters to the concerns......these are people trying to help push the "agenda"

If all these questions about the healthcare bill were unfounded then we wouldnt be in the position we are now with it, there wouldnt be the concerns.....

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Well , looks like it has begun people....

I just got my first email from the white house today. Telling me not to believe in the hype, not to buy in to the disinfo.

People need to wake up and realize what exactly is going on here. NEVER in recent history has an administration actively sent out emails to try and dissuade people from listening to an opposing side of an issue, this is unprecedented!

mandbehindthemask

President Bush:

"We must speak the truth about terror. Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories concerning the attacks of September the 11th; malicious lies that attempt to shift the blame away from the terrorists, themselves, away from the guilty."

Unprecedented? Nope. Overreaction Fail

Politicians actively combatting the arguments of their opponents? Yeah - never seen that before except in the newspaper, TV, telephone, and internet throughout my entire life.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

Ronald Reagan

Never has that statement been more applicable and frightening...

Semper

LOL I do not want to get into a debate about Ronald Reagan, but I laugh whenever I see this statement, as I reflect on what type of a Govenor he was for California during the 60's. He was ALL about shutting people's free speech down back then. He didn't like people who stood up to their govt.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

Im sorry i dont remember the Bush administration sending out emails to people to try and disuade people from listening to conspiracy theories....Neither have i seen the media repeatedly try to demean, marginalize and discredit anyone who had opposition to it...

Never did the Bush administration come out and make the statement that people like Rush, or his liberal equiv....that they were on "thin ice"

Or plant people like the SCIU and ACORN in town hall meetings. Then have the Whitehouse its self come out issuing ADVERTISEMENTS that these were just GOP operatives stirring up nonsense........sorry.......NOT EVEN CLOSE to the Bush administration...

In fact, the uprising within the common sector of the US is unprecedented, that should tell you something....

Did i leave aything out? im sure i did

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

And this is the same house that snuck in a few learjets in a defense bill and now wants to increase that.

This Congress and Administration suck...thanks Woodrow Wilson.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Is it so hard to believe that agent provocateurs are at work?

No, I'm sure everyone understands that there are probably SOME agents on both sides.
HOWEVER, I believe that the vast majority of people are just citizens expressing outrage, not just over the way health care is being rushed through, but the way Cap & Trade was jammed through, the Bailout Bill was jammed through, Stimulus 1 was jammed through, and now they're looking to push a Stimulus 2, even though most of the money from Stimulus 1 either never got there, or did little good.
People are just plain FED UP with the government, not just Democrats, but the entire crooked system.
Is that so hard to believe?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I did get a nice pamphlet from his Daddies office years ago telling me all the horrors that were to come should Clinton reach office. Did you know all those crazy Gays were all going to get married and be allowed to adopt children if Clinton was elected! Shocking horror!

That glossy mailing opened my eyes and I spat upon the Fearmongering.

I wish to this day I had kept that pamphlet.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Couldn't agree more. This doesn't feel like a democracy anymore, maybe it hasn't been in a long time. Maybe it's all been pretend. But with the way they're 'rahming' things through, it reeks of an agenda and not that which a Republic should honor.

The 10th ammendment could not be more appropriate at this time.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Just say "NO" to Obama Government Health Care!

Just say "NO" to Obama forced vaccinations!

Just say "NO" to Obama "Gun Control"!

Just say "NO" to Obama Global Warming scam and "NO" to the GIGANTIC NEW TAX INCREASE SCAM called, Cap and Trade!

Just say "NO" to Obama's broken promises:

1. Make Government Open and Transparent
2. Make it “Impossible” for Congressmen to slip in Pork Barrel Projects
3. Meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public
4. No more secrecy
5. Public will have 5 days to look at a Bill
7. We will put every pork barrel project online

PLEASE Wake up People to what is going on here!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

i didnt dream anything up in my head, i read , i research etc.......the problem is the facts arent exactly as they are presented..... and are a lot of half truths....

I'm afraid you may have misinterpreted my comment. My apologies. What is "dreamed up" is the idea that this letter is telling you not to listen to opposing views. If a person says, "Listen to what I have to say," that's not the same as saying, "Don't listen to them". See what I mean?

and really why should we trust the websites provided by the whitehouse when they are CONNECTED to the whitehouse?

I'm not suggesting you should. I'm not even suggesting that you should believe the email you received. All I'm saying is that the email did NOT try to oppress other views, dissuade people from listening to an opposing side of an issue or try to actively shut down an opposing view, as you claim in your OP. You dreamed that up in your head.

By the way, if you don't want to receive emails from the White House, why don't you request to be removed from their mailing list?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
We have been talking about this exact same thing happening but no one knew WHEN it would start.

ATS: WH violates free speech

No one can begin to say that the muzzle bho and his sheeple are trying to put on those that don't agree with him is anything like what Bush did.

Give me Bush any day and you can keep your Change.

Hopefully the gov groups the ATS'ers together in the "re-education camp" so I can meet some of you. I would probably strangle myself if I get lumped in with a bump of sheeple who strayed to far.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Americans deserved this. You guys chose your own form of government and who's in it.

If China does something wrong, their government takes the blame, because the Chinese didn't choose their leaders.

Works or not, I think this is inevitable.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I just wish to set the record straight as to how people ended up on the email list, based upon what I know.
First of all, some people did sign up for newsletters. Others ended up on the list because they worked for the Obama campaign, or some other Democratic candidate, and gave them their email.
However, a great many people ended up on the list because they sent an email of some sort to the WH.
For instance, I sent several emails to the WH protesting the way that bills were being passed without the 5 days that Obama promised for citizen debate.
I certainly never asked to be on the list, but since I sent an email, that gave them implicit permission to send me emails.
Actually, I don't have a problem with that. Although I disagree with just about everything that the current administration has done, I WANT to know what they are sending their constituents. I'd rather get that in my in-box, rather than have to rely on someone posting it on the net. That way I know it is first hand information.
Make sense?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by Hazelnut

Is it so hard to believe that agent provocateurs are at work?

No, I'm sure everyone understands that there are probably SOME agents on both sides.
HOWEVER, I believe that the vast majority of people are just citizens expressing outrage, not just over the way health care is being rushed through, but the way Cap & Trade was jammed through, the Bailout Bill was jammed through, Stimulus 1 was jammed through, and now they're looking to push a Stimulus 2, even though most of the money from Stimulus 1 either never got there, or did little good.
People are just plain FED UP with the government, not just Democrats, but the entire crooked system.
Is that so hard to believe?

That is exactly what I believe. And our voices are being drowned out by a concerted effort. We are being demonized and wrongly labeled. WE are not being heard. Therefore, we must find common ground despite our political differences. What will WE do? Will we recognize who the opponent really is? Its not one other.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This thread creates fear in people.

People create what they think. In this case, what they're afraid of. (placebo affect and many many other examples of this out there)

A nice side affect of fear is that people can be controlled in that state.

So if I had an agenda to A) control people and B) take over the USA, I would use fear propaganda (much like this thread) as one of my main weapons.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
A "copy and paste" version of this supposed E-Mail into this forum would sure be nice.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Are there not laws concerning unsolicited email? Are political position ads sent through email exempt? If not then isn't the White House showing us the way to also make political position statements?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

reply to post by andrewh7

....Neither have i seen the media repeatedly try to demean, marginalize and discredit anyone who had opposition to it...

Never did the Bush administration come out and make the statement that people like Rush, or his liberal equiv....that they were on "thin ice"

[snip] You do remember the washington drumbeat during the Bush administration where anyone questioning the war or the reasoning for it was considered anti-patriotic? The Media included.

Like no administration before them the Bush Whitehouse bullied and controlled the media. War reporting was run via the Pentagon through the "embedded" program where reporters were effectively under the control of the military.

Personal attack removed

[edit on 10/8/09 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
A few weeks ago, a young college looking kid rang my doorbell. I opened the door and expected to give directions or deal with some Jehovah bs. The fella asked me what I thought about the health care reform in Washington. I thought for a second and said" I think everything coming from Washington is CRAP". He thanked me for my time and walked quickly away. I think now he was one of Obammmas brainwashed sheep... haha

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join