It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter from the Whitehouse (so it begins)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I admit that I haven't been actively participating on ATS for very long but in the short time I have been on here, I noticed a trend. There are four groups of people that almost all ATS'ers fit into. The "providers of thought and discussion" which give the very thought provoking, seeds for debate that make ATS so successful. Then there are the flocks of MSM tainted followers that get on ATS and don't really provide much to a thread but spew out what they heard from the news or read on a political leaning website and eventually break into name calling. The other group are the ones that scream and hollar for someone, anyone to do something to stop the country from the nose dive it is in but have no desire to be apart of the action, essentially the "crowds on the bleachers". The last group are the tin-foil hat wearing "paranoids" that believe everyone, everything and everywhere is out to get them. Only a select few (of which I am not including myself) are the rare breed which make this site truely great and inspire those that read their threads to learn and research more on that topic. I would name those that I feel fall into this group but I would be fearful that I wouldn't name them all as I haven't been apart of this site long enough to find them all.

I bring this up because I am increasingly frustrated why some people on ATS are so afraid to be apart of challenging the government on decisions they make. This thread about the Letter from the Whitehouse is by someone I have come to respect as they fall into that "rare breed" on ATS. It makes you want to learn more about it, to get involved and do something about it. To right the wrong, protect our rights and the rights our children should have but may not if we stay seated and wait for someone else to fight our fight.

Maybe I am too passionate about this how great this country SHOULD be and how great it has been. Enough rambling. If you want to be apart of challenging the gov and the horrible decisions they are making, start with the Swine Flu Vaccine Petition that has been started on here and help make our voice heard before you end up receiving a letter from the White House about another topic you aren't "educated" about.

Online Petition Draft

OP, great work as always. I'll look for you in the holding cells.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Roadblockx]

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Do you think that may be a bit "shallow" to say there's just four groups?

I'd like to think that while many people on here agree on certain issues, each and everyone of us is a unique member of ATS.

That's why I love this site. There might be people on here who agree with one another that health care reform is bad, but disagree that Obama was in Kenya.

I like that. I don't think that we're in groups and that's where we stick.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

As always thanks for your input Roadblockx

I agree, whether you believe anything that was posted on this topic, or any of the other topics its important that you educate yourself and BE ACTIVE, you may think you dont make a difference but you DO, Even if you do not agree with my points of view, still BE ACTIVE and educate yourself.

The people in D.C need to know that whatever our viewpoints are WE DO CARE, and we are the PEOPLE, and we will stand up and take back our country from the bureaucrats, and special interests groups in Washington....

Roadblockx hopefully when they round up all us ATSers they can put us in an area all to our own the "ATS Wing", atleast then we can keep ourselves entertained!

In the mean time people , Stay alert, stay informed, and stay active!

*Mask out*

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

One: Thats the point of the people on welfare, if you can't work to pay the taxes for the free healthcare then your welfare should be cut substantially to pay for the taxes. I think welfare should be abolished anyway but thats another matter. Two: if your not currently a US citizen and/or don't have a green card your not getting any healthcare anyway. Three: if the governemtn can't control national healthcare in your eyes, who can???

[edit on 12-8-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Ahh are you not aware of the situation on this bill in regard to illegals?

please read ....

thehill.com...

take it for what its worth man......way too risky for my taste

As far as current healthcare reform, Id say start with Tort reform and work your way up, you odnt have to have socialized healthcare to get the job done

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I can agree there are other ways to go... definently. The problem is that I

think this bill is going to pass no matter what anyway, and I can definently

see the problem with that; nothing should be an absolute. I have

absolutely no problem paying for my own healthcare either since I have

for so long it doesn't really make a difference to me. I have gotten some

of the canadian perspective on the matter and truthfully I don't think it's

as big a deal as it's made out to be. My problem with the protests is the

tones of nazism/facism and those ideals being directed toward our

president. I truthfully mean "our" president, I was the exact same way

when Bush was in office, although I didn't agree greatly with what he did

in office I still stuck by the man through think and thin. In the end we're

all Americans. They're not trying to abolish our constitutional rights... at

least not yet. At that point you can sign me up for whatever protest

necessary although I hope that time never comes. The talks of

them "making" us be vaccinated and otherwise seem to be false at least

from the Canadian perspective. I do respect your stance but I don't

respect the way most the protestors are going about it. I understand

people are angry but that doesn't mean you have to be arrogant/ignorant.

I await your response since I've surely given you a deeper backround of

me. A joker at heart but one loyal to his country and the ideals it originally

stands for, I just think many have lost site of that and something like

national healthcare may cause much more good then it would harm. If it

doesn't... you get the picture.

P.S. I'll read up and respond on the illegal situation when I have more time.

-Joker

[edit on 12-8-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This is a compilation of President Obama's own words regarding The Healthcare Bill. Obama is trapped by his own words!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Ahh are you not aware of the situation on this bill in regard to illegals?

If these so-called illegal immigrants are in fact working their asses off in your country, for much less money than the average legal worker; then why in hell should they not also receive the same health care as anyone else?

People are people. Everyone deserves the same. You (not personally but as a group) are happy to exploit their sweat, but then want to hold their status against them when it comes to their health.

Think about it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Because they are ILLEGAL! lol they arent "so-called"...they ARE....we arent talking about immigrants that came over the legal way and did the paperwork etc etc.... I dont understand why thats hard for people to grasp? Because they arent here legally and they are breaking the law, since when do we decide to reward criminals?

People b*tch all the time about how the court system is better for the criminals than the victims........then you want to turn around and reward people who are breaking the law with free healthcare thats coming out of our pocket?

BTW a huge percentage of the illegals working here, dont pay taxes

As to JOKER, Yep i pretty much agree with everything you posted in your post above....its just that nationalized healthcare to me with our politicians is just way too much of a risk to take.........but I feel what youre rollin it

[edit on 13-8-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

OMG, I just got one today!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Friend,

This is probably one of the longest emails I’ve ever sent, but it could be the most important.

Across the country we are seeing vigorous debate about health insurance reform. Unfortunately, some of the old tactics we know so well are back — even the viral emails that fly unchecked and under the radar, spreading all sorts of lies and distortions.

As President Obama said at the town hall in New Hampshire, “where we do disagree, let's disagree over things that are real, not these wild misrepresentations that bear no resemblance to anything that's actually been proposed.”

So let’s start a chain email of our own. At the end of my email, you’ll find a lot of information about health insurance reform, distilled into 8 ways reform provides security and stability to those with or without coverage, 8 common myths about reform and 8 reasons we need health insurance reform now.

Right now, someone you know probably has a question about reform that could be answered by what’s below. So what are you waiting for? Forward this email.

Thanks,
David

David Axelrod
Senior Adviser to the President

P.S. We launched www.WhiteHouse.gov/realitycheck this week to knock down the rumors and lies that are floating around the internet. You can find the information below, and much more, there. For example, we've just added a video of Nancy-Ann DeParle from our Health Reform Office tackling a viral email head on. Check it out:

8 ways reform provides security and stability to those with or without coverage

Ends Discrimination for Pre-Existing Conditions: Insurance companies will be prohibited from refusing you coverage because of your medical history.
Ends Exorbitant Out-of-Pocket Expenses, Deductibles or Co-Pays: Insurance companies will have to abide by yearly caps on how much they can charge for out-of-pocket expenses.
Ends Cost-Sharing for Preventive Care: Insurance companies must fully cover, without charge, regular checkups and tests that help you prevent illness, such as mammograms or eye and foot exams for diabetics.
Ends Dropping of Coverage for Seriously Ill: Insurance companies will be prohibited from dropping or watering down insurance coverage for those who become seriously ill.
Ends Gender Discrimination: Insurance companies will be prohibited from charging you more because of your gender.
Ends Annual or Lifetime Caps on Coverage: Insurance companies will be prevented from placing annual or lifetime caps on the coverage you receive.
Extends Coverage for Young Adults: Children would continue to be eligible for family coverage through the age of 26.
Guarantees Insurance Renewal: Insurance companies will be required to renew any policy as long as the policyholder pays their premium in full. Insurance companies won't be allowed to refuse renewal because someone became sick.
Learn more and get details: www.WhiteHouse.gov...

8 common myths about health insurance reform
Reform will stop "rationing" - not increase it: It’s a myth that reform will mean a "government takeover" of health care or lead to "rationing." To the contrary, reform will forbid many forms of rationing that are currently being used by insurance companies.
We can’t afford reform: It's the status quo we can't afford. It’s a myth that reform will bust the budget. To the contrary, the President has identified ways to pay for the vast majority of the up-front costs by cutting waste, fraud, and abuse within existing government health programs; ending big subsidies to insurance companies; and increasing efficiency with such steps as coordinating care and streamlining paperwork. In the long term, reform can help bring down costs that will otherwise lead to a fiscal crisis.
Reform would encourage "euthanasia": It does not. It’s a malicious myth that reform would encourage or even require euthanasia for seniors. For seniors who want to consult with their family and physicians about end-of life decisions, reform will help to cover these voluntary, private consultations for those who want help with these personal and difficult family decisions.
Vets' health care is safe and sound: It’s a myth that health insurance reform will affect veterans' access to the care they get now. To the contrary, the President's budget significantly expands coverage under the VA, extending care to 500,000 more veterans who were previously excluded. The VA Healthcare system will continue to be available for all eligible veterans.
Reform will benefit small business - not burden it: It’s a myth that health insurance reform will hurt small businesses. To the contrary, reform will ease the burdens on small businesses, provide tax credits to help them pay for employee coverage and help level the playing field with big firms who pay much less to cover their employees on average.
Your Medicare is safe, and stronger with reform: It’s myth that Health Insurance Reform would be financed by cutting Medicare benefits. To the contrary, reform will improve the long-term financial health of Medicare, ensure better coordination, eliminate waste and unnecessary subsidies to insurance companies, and help to close the Medicare "doughnut" hole to make prescription drugs more affordable for seniors.
You can keep your own insurance: It’s myth that reform will force you out of your current insurance plan or force you to change doctors. To the contrary, reform will expand your choices, not eliminate them.
No, government will not do anything with your bank account: It is an absurd myth that government will be in charge of your bank accounts. Health insurance reform will simplify administration, making it easier and more convenient for you to pay bills in a method that you choose. Just like paying a phone bill or a utility bill, you can pay by traditional check, or by a direct electronic payment. And forms will be standardized so they will be easier to understand. The choice is up to you – and the same rules of privacy will apply as they do for all other electronic payments that people make.
Learn more and get details:
www.WhiteHouse.gov...
www.WhiteHouse.gov...

8 Reasons We Need Health Insurance Reform Now

Coverage Denied to Millions: A recent national survey estimated that 12.6 million non-elderly adults – 36 percent of those who tried to purchase health insurance directly from an insurance company in the individual insurance market – were in fact discriminated against because of a pre-existing condition in the previous three years or dropped from coverage when they became seriously ill. Learn more: www.healthreform.gov...
Less Care for More Costs: With each passing year, Americans are paying more for health care coverage. Employer-sponsored health insurance premiums have nearly doubled since 2000, a rate three times faster than wages. In 2008, the average premium for a family plan purchased through an employer was $12,680, nearly the annual earnings of a full-time minimum wage job. Americans pay more than ever for health insurance, but get less coverage. Learn more: www.healthreform.gov...
Roadblocks to Care for Women: Women’s reproductive health requires more regular contact with health care providers, including yearly pap smears, mammograms, and obstetric care. Women are also more likely to report fair or poor health than men (9.5% versus 9.0%). While rates of chronic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure are similar to men, women are twice as likely to suffer from headaches and are more likely to experience joint, back or neck pain. These chronic conditions often require regular and frequent treatment and follow-up care. Learn more: www.healthreform.gov...
Hard Times in the Heartland: Throughout rural America, there are nearly 50 million people who face challenges in accessing health care. The past several decades have consistently shown higher rates of poverty, mortality, uninsurance, and limited access to a primary health care provider in rural areas. With the recent economic downturn, there is potential for an increase in many of the health disparities and access concerns that are already elevated in rural communities. Learn more: www.healthreform.gov...
Small Businesses Struggle to Provide Health Coverage: Nearly one-third of the uninsured – 13 million people – are employees of firms with less than 100 workers. From 2000 to 2007, the proportion of non-elderly Americans covered by employer-based health insurance fell from 66% to 61%. Much of this decline stems from small business. The percentage of small businesses offering coverage dropped from 68% to 59%, while large firms held stable at 99%. About a third of such workers in firms with fewer than 50 employees obtain insurance through a spouse. Learn more: www.healthreform.gov...
The Tragedies are Personal: Half of all personal bankruptcies are at least partly the result of medical expenses. The typical elderly couple may have to save nearly $300,000 to pay for health costs not covered by Medicare alone. Learn more: www.healthreform.gov...
Diminishing Access to Care: From 2000 to 2007, the proportion of non-elderly Americans covered by employer-based health insurance fell from 66% to 61%. An estimated 87 million people - one in every three Americans under the age of 65 - were uninsured at some point in 2007 and 2008. More than 80% of the uninsured are in working families. Learn more: www.healthreform.gov...
The Trends are Troubling: Without reform, health care costs will continue to skyrocket unabated, putting unbearable strain on families, businesses, and state and federal government budgets. Perhaps the most visible sign of the need for health care reform is the 46 million Americans currently without health insurance - projections suggest that this number will rise to about 72 million in 2040 in the absence of reform. Learn more: www.WhiteHouse.gov...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Wow...

Did you guys realize that Glenn Beck called the American Healthcare system a nightmare after his personal experience?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Letter I sent in response to the WH e-mail I received this morning.

I No Longer Believe what the Whitehouse or anyone else in this administration, has to say to me.
I will no longer Follow where my representatives want me to go, rather I fully Expect them to follow where the majority of the people of our country Want Them to go, as is the obligation of our Elected officals.
The simple fact that the Administration Believes that sending out this E-mail is necessry, is proof enough to Me that this Country Does Not Want This Bill to Pass!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Iseekthetruth!!!!!!!!

Did you ever believe?

I think it's hilarious the amount of people who "no longer believe" yet never voted for them to begin with.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I did Vote for Him.
BUT this is NOT the Change I signed on for!
I have to say that this has been the Worst mistake I have EVER made.
I am now an EX-Democrat.

I bought a Bumper sticker last week which says:

O ne
B ig
A ss
M istake
A merica

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I thought this country was based on freedom...freedom to think, act, and feel anyway you want....now we have the White House emailing people telling them THIS is the right thing to believe, and THAT is the wrong thing to believe,....wtf???? said it before and ill say it again, this whoe Obama campaign is a JOKE!!!!.....but the funny thing is,....we are not laughing with him!!!!! >:/ One of the worst mistakes "they" have made was putting him into office, and by "they" i mean the people behind the curtains, because we all know by now, our votes dont count for $h!t....its all about who "they" want in there....and to be honest they are doing a good job at making him a "fall man" for "their" plans.....

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by M0bstar
I thought this country was based on freedom...freedom to think, act, and feel anyway you want....now we have the White House emailing people telling them THIS is the right thing to believe, and THAT is the wrong thing to believe,....wtf???? said it before and ill say it again, this whoe Obama campaign is a JOKE!!!!.....but the funny thing is,....we are not laughing with him!!!!! >:/ One of the worst mistakes "they" have made was putting him into office, and by "they" i mean the people behind the curtains, because we all know by now, our votes dont count for $h!t....its all about who "they" want in there....and to be honest they are doing a good job at making him a "fall man" for "their" plans.....

I agree, I still have to live with the fact that I marked my card, even with the red flags.
But I am amazed to see the depths they are going to with this.

One thing you should look at is the fact that the cap and trade bill is now on the Senate calendar and this bill will do Much more to take away our freedoms than the Health care bill will.
I am wondering if all this media attention on the health care bill has been to cover the tracks of the cap and trade.
I encourage everyone to read it asap. This is a Bill That Must be stopped!!!

thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.2454:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
How do we stop criminals? Don't reElect them!!!!

It's gotten to the point though every election... you try to vote on the lesser of the 2 evils... *sigh*

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
All I have to say is that its nice to know that this "isolated incident" or as some people called me on this thread "Fear mongering" is actually getting some legitimate coverage......

To all those that said I faked this, or that i was just trying to spread lies and propaganda and this was all untrue.......

Tell me, how does it feel to be proven wrong on something because you CHOSE to bury your head in the sand on issues with this current administration?

Its time to wake up people, Deny Ignorance, take up the cause of the common American, and stand up for our rights, and against the violations there of!

Way to go for the media actually covering this........and of course Major Garret

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

If this thing passes, the next email we'll receive from the White House is one that will instruct us on what we CAN and CAN NOT eat. All in the name of saving the government a little cash.

People may laugh at this but I think this may actually be planned. I receive an HR news letter where this sort of thing was discussed for overweight people in your company.

Al Gore's buddy Maurice Strong was complaining Americans eat too much meat. We may see that rationed as it was in WWII.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Why we need health care reform!

This cost $140,000.00 US

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join