It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter from the Whitehouse (so it begins)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Well , looks like it has begun people....

I just got my first email from the white house today. Telling me not to believe in the hype, not to buy in to the disinfo.

People need to wake up and realize what exactly is going on here. NEVER in recent history has an administration actively sent out emails to try and dissuade people from listening to an opposing side of an issue, this is unprecedented!

Since when do we try to actively shut down an opposing view DIRECTLY from the white house?

What happen to this administrations policy of TRANSPARENCY and OPEN TALKS, about issues that we dont agree on? Why instead of having these issues talked over, are they instead trying to assassinate the integrity of people who have opposing views?

So instead of the regular debates that we use to have......the White House is actually ACTIVELY spreading propaganda through mass emails and the MSM? I can think of one time in history this happened.......and it didnt turn out well........

Wake up people, this is getting way to damn scary, and we are walking a thin line......we have to stop this, we have to get a hold of our local politicians and work our way up, this cannot go on any longer.........

This may look innocent, but the undertone of this email to ME is clear. Its not so much the "innocent" nature of this email that bugs me, but what it signifies.....we have to have some foresight when we look at things like this, and see the bigger picture......

Make no mistake, this isnt just a friendly email from your "neighborhood" White House, just trying to get out the "good word". This is proof of an active internet and media campaign to try and undermine anyone trying to get the word out on what is exactly in this health care bill!

Anythoughts are welcome.......no flaming thnx!

mandbehindthemask

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I heard somewhere in the muddle that the health care bill we have been discussing is still in transition. That the language and content have not reached a final form for passage. Is that true?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
...nothing skeery there - just links to info... no one was threatened... no one is forced to read the explanations or accept them as fact...

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Well done! Yes...so it becomes obvious. This will be a hot summer to say the least!

When Arlen Spector urged the "fast" passage of legislation you know something terrible is being put on the American people!

They were hoping that this could be jammed through before the American people have had time to dissect this behemoth that is nothing more than a huge waste of tax dollars, and possibly the largest threat to individual sovereignty we have ever faced perpetrated by our own governement!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm wondering here... what even gives the whitehouse the RIGHT to know my email address? I am choosy about who I give it out to in order to avoid spam.

And speaking of spam, if I get one of those emails I hope it will go directly to my junk mail folder!

+33 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

Ronald Reagan

Never has that statement been more applicable and frightening...

Semper

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

You have to see the broader scope of things rather then just look at it as "just an email with links"

Did you read my post?

There hasnt been a time in recent memory when the whitehouse has gone out of its way to actively email (or snail mail) people to press their agenda.......they want this healthcare so bad they can taste it........and when politicians are salivating, my gut tells me to do the exact opposite.....

This administration is actively pursing avenues through email, internet and TV,to counter any information coming out about this bill that doesnt support there agenda, going so far as to slander these people who are concerned for their rights, and having press conferences speaking out against anyone who doesnt agree with their agenda......there is something WRONG here.

now is not the time to be short sighted

[edit on 10-8-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Maybe someone can help me understand this. There is no final version, just the house version, which from the thread discussing it I think is a nightmare of a bill, so how can the White house dispute things if they don't have a final version of the bill and they can definitively say "This is in the bill, this is what people are saying and this is why it's false". Does this strike anyone else as odd? Wouldn't the white house look stupid if they were touting one part of the bill that got sacrficed as a concession to the Republicans?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kords21
Maybe someone can help me understand this. There is no final version, just the house version, which from the thread discussing it I think is a nightmare of a bill, so how can the White house dispute things if they don't have a final version of the bill and they can definitively say "This is in the bill, this is what people are saying and this is why it's false". Does this strike anyone else as odd? Wouldn't the white house look stupid if they were touting one part of the bill that got sacrficed as a concession to the Republicans?

I appreciate your input here as it answers my question.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If this thing passes, the next email we'll receive from the White House is one that will instruct us on what we CAN and CAN NOT eat.
All in the name of saving the government a little cash.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Felt this was an appropriate addition

link   
I have an idea... if the administration is so driven to 'educate' us 'common folk' about a health care plan that isn't even in it's final form yet...

Publicly broadcast all debates and briefings, day or night, at any time;

disclose all persons present during deliberations and drafting,

disclose the full agenda of all health care plan meetings, along with attendees and how to contact them.

This is supposed to be a PUBLIC plan....

how about stopping the Madison Avenue approach and start simply reporting to the American people exactly who wants what in the bill....

WE can figure out why for ourselves....

... sorry ... you got me riled on this one (starred and flagged)

link   
reply to post by Kords21

Its not odd at all........why? because they can go back in and fill in the gaps at their leisure and no one will know the difference....

If they can get enough people to accept this thing, who just buy into the stuff they are spewing out and dont understand it like we do, then they are set!

Those people wont know its not "final" and then what happens?

When its all said and done and those people that supported the whole thing are screaming foul the goverments reply? "its all in the bill, here , read it, heres where it was added, you agreed to it deal with it"

This is why people need to wake up, and see what is going on here. So far this administration has snuck in things left and right, and screwed up everything they have touched, why people think this healthcare plan will be any different i have no idea.......they werent honest about anything else they have done, why would they now.

GREAT point Kords im glad you brought this up!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Just to make sure, is everyone able to view the documents i posted?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

Ronald Reagan

Never has that statement been more applicable and frightening...

Semper

Ha... that's the exact same way I felt about the Bush administration. I guess it must be a "perspective" type view.

I can remember when some here stated it was unpatriotic or treasonous to question the POTUS... and now they are doing the same thing.

It's just your perspective guys... we know, we went through it for 8 years!! You will feel better once the GOP comes in power again... and it will. Just hang in there, and try not to start a civil war ok?

We are Americans... we are better than this... we are bigger than this.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I absolutely agree there!

Want transparency thats the way to do, and its the way to get OPEN discussion and have everything out there where everyone can see it...

Sounds so simple doesnt it? Only problem is, if our politicians operated like this......the government would actually be working FOR the people instead of doing things inspite of them........

ahh that would be utopia wouldnt it?

Also to add, I have NO idea how they got my email address or if this was just a massive SPAM mail........which, by the way....Isnt it illegal to send out mass unsolicited emails?

Didnt someone get prosecuted not to long ago for that?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I just think it's funny that all the hardcore supporters of the Healthplan just because it's "Healthcare reform" they don't care what it is, just as long as it's being done are the same people who were highly critical of the gov't (albiet different adminstration, but it's more the same in a lot a of ways) about messing up 2 wars and wasting a lot of money. When you look at the intricate nature of something as healthcare and something as relatively simple as fighting a war in comparison and after how much money and time have we wasted on that? Now, the gov't will get it's act together and this is going to be the best thing since sliced bread? I really wonder if it's really a desire for healthcare reform for its sake or Obama supporters deep down desire to not be as wrong as they're starting to think they are about Obama being someone who is going to deliever on what he promised.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hi MBTM. Thanks for the thread. I was wondering if you have any idea how they got your email addy. Had you opted in to something before? Have you corresponded with the white house via email before?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

You have to see the broader scope of things rather then just look at it as "just an email with links"

[edit on 10-8-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

Have you signed up to receive emails on Health Care Reform, from the DCC, or the White House?

Was this email sent to you unsolicited?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
For those who cannot see the emails , the following posts are the imbeded images.......

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1cd47a20df32.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join