It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tamiflu 'harmful to children'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Tamiflu 'harmful to children'

uk.news.yahoo.com

Experts say children should not be given the swine flu drug Tamiflu because the negative effects could outweigh the benefits.

The study found that Tamiflu caused vomiting in some children, which can lead to dehydration and complications. Other research found that children given Tamiflu preventatively reported side-effects including nausea and nightmares.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well, we have known this for several months already, but now it has hit the MSM.

I have seen this in the newspapers and on TV news today.
This is obviously going to cause a bit of a stir in regards to what we are told is good for us and what is not.

It is another slap in the face for the governments and the drug corporations.

Three cheers for independent study...hip hip....

Any man made drug that gives anyone, especially children, nightmares should be made illegal or banned immediately.
Sometimes the psychological damage of a nightmare lasts a lot longer than physical pains from vomiting etc.

I am pleased that there are those out there who are awake and do all that they can in order to prevent massive messes like Tamiflu being forced upon us and our kids.

Ban Tamiflu now...

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I, for one, love it when stories like this come out...

It makes me grin and giggle to think "See, you stupid, terrible, careless parents should have done a little research before giving your children poisons from BigPharma".

I think this drug should stay on the market, just to make a point- just because something is legal doesn't mean it's safe.

These terrible parents who gave their kids poison might now wake up and realize that typing "Tamiflu" into google (which takes less than 1 minute) might have saved their children from harm.

My point: it's not the drug companies that are wrong in the end, it is the moronic populous whom they cater to.

My sub-point: taking things off the market is not the solution. That will only further induce the false feeling of security that consumers have, that Uncle Sam is "watching their back". And if we took Tamiflu off the market, we'd have to take Coca-Cola, McDonalds and XBOX off the market, too, because their side-effects are much worse than "nausea and nightmares". Keep America a free market, and just teach the people how to think for themselves!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I also love things like this so I will STAR AND FLAG your post like a good boy.
It's hard getting people to believe things like this but a lot of the people in the world listen to Yahoo due to its mainstream nature. I'll show a few friends this.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Yeah it is rather disconcerning that this is happening and still many people decide to allow their children to be vacinated which is causing problems in children, however this is a bit old news.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninecrimes

It makes me grin and giggle to think "See, you stupid, terrible, careless parents should have done a little research before giving your children poisons from BigPharma".

I think this drug should stay on the market, just to make a point- just because something is legal doesn't mean it's safe.

These terrible parents who gave their kids poison might now wake up and realize that typing "Tamiflu" into google (which takes less than 1 minute) might have saved their children from harm.

My point: it's not the drug companies that are wrong in the end, it is the moronic populous whom they cater to.

My sub-point: taking things off the market is not the solution. That will only further induce the false feeling of security that consumers have, that Uncle Sam is "watching their back". And if we took Tamiflu off the market, we'd have to take Coca-Cola, McDonalds and XBOX off the market, too, because their side-effects are much worse than "nausea and nightmares". Keep America a free market, and just teach the people how to think for themselves!

Hey hey hey, Give the parents a break? Majority of people dont want to harm there children with drugs anyhow but what choice did they have? The media has bombarded them with "Swine-flu kills" blah blah blah, so there only real option was Tamiflu or take a risk - And you know why tamiflu won.
Think you're being a little harsh on parents. They obviously trust the doctor prescribing the drug, the companies that make the drug are not thought of until articles such as this are published.

Star and flagged.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by ninecrimes

Hey hey hey, Give the parents a break? Majority of people dont want to harm there children with drugs anyhow but what choice did they have? The media has bombarded them with "Swine-flu kills" blah blah blah, so there only real option was Tamiflu or take a risk - And you know why tamiflu won.
Think you're being a little harsh on parents. They obviously trust the doctor prescribing the drug, the companies that make the drug are not thought of until articles such as this are published.

Star and flagged.

Yes, because I have very, very little tolerance for stupidity.

Sure, the parents might not have WANTED to hurt their children, but they didn't TRY HARD ENOUGH to NOT hurt their children.

Also you say "they trust the doctor prescribing the drug". Well, last I checked, doctors give out Amphetamine and Opiates for common disorders, why in god's good name would anyone trust a doctor?!

The facts about Tamiflu have been around since before the drug was hugely popular. If these parents cared about their children, they would have researched the drug for themselves before sticking into their kids' bodies.

I'll tell you this much, I would NEVER put something into my children without researching every ingredient it contains. If you don't know what you're feeding your kids, you're a bad parent. It's really that simple.

My point, again, is that people need to stop trusting the heroin-dealing doctors and start trusting themselves and their peers to do the proper research to make informed decisions.

Every single case of a child getting sick from Tamiflu could have been avoided by a 1-minute Google search.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Sure, the parents might not have WANTED to hurt their children, but they didn't TRY HARD ENOUGH to NOT hurt their children.

Also you say "they trust the doctor prescribing the drug". Well, last I checked, doctors give out Amphetamine and Opiates for common disorders, why in god's good name would anyone trust a doctor?!

The facts about Tamiflu have been around since before the drug was hugely popular. If these parents cared about their children, they would have researched the drug for themselves before sticking into their kids' bodies.

I'll tell you this much, I would NEVER put something into my children without researching every ingredient it contains. If you don't know what you're feeding your kids, you're a bad parent. It's really that simple.

My point, again, is that people need to stop trusting the heroin-dealing doctors and start trusting themselves and their peers to do the proper research to make informed decisions.

Every single case of a child getting sick from Tamiflu could have been avoided by a 1-minute Google search.

Its great that your so aware of what these drug companies are capable of but the sad and simple truth is simply that others are not. Here in the UK we live in a bubble, under the impression that our laws protect us from misdoings by such companies. Now i suppose if your American you maybe should have looked into it merely for the reason that drugs seems freely available over there (correct me if i'm wrong) And so its easier to get unsafe products onto the market, but in general i wouldn’t put all the blame on parents. Maybe this will aid in some of them to waking up to what the hell is and has been going on for a hell of a long time now.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Its great that your so aware of what these drug companies are capable of but the sad and simple truth is simply that others are not. Here in the UK we live in a bubble, under the impression that our laws protect us from misdoings by such companies. Now i suppose if your American you maybe should have looked into it merely for the reason that drugs seems freely available over there (correct me if i'm wrong) And so its easier to get unsafe products onto the market, but in general i wouldn’t put all the blame on parents. Maybe this will aid in some of them to waking up to what the hell is and has been going on for a hell of a long time now.

Why not place the blame on the parents? In my opinion, alleviating them of the blame is to ignore the problem (that they fed their kids poison, because a doctor told them to), which in turn fuels the tank of ignorance.

Sure, the doctors prescribed the drug. But the doctors (obviously not 100%) are only recommending based on the information provided to them about the drug.

It is up to the drug consumers to monitor what they are ingesting, always. It is irresponsible to blame anyone but the consumer for what they ingest. And in this case, since it's a children's drug, the blame lies with the parents who fed them the poison.

The cause may be the doctor or even the drug manufacturer, but the blame falls in the lap of the parent in my opinion, because the information about this drug was so damned easy to find. It is just stupid, in my opinion, to feed your kids anything that you have not researched thoroughly.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Why not place the blame on the parents? In my opinion, alleviating them of the blame is to ignore the problem (that they fed their kids poison, because a doctor told them to), which in turn fuels the tank of ignorance.

Sure, the doctors prescribed the drug. But the doctors (obviously not 100%) are only recommending based on the information provided to them about the drug.

It is up to the drug consumers to monitor what they are ingesting, always. It is irresponsible to blame anyone but the consumer for what they ingest. And in this case, since it's a children's drug, the blame lies with the parents who fed them the poison.

The cause may be the doctor or even the drug manufacturer, but the blame falls in the lap of the parent in my opinion, because the information about this drug was so damned easy to find. It is just stupid, in my opinion, to feed your kids anything that you have not researched thoroughly.

So...Hypothetically...If your child caught swine flu you would rather risk there life then risk there health on a drug?
No parent WANTS to harm their child, but what else are they to do? It seems like a lose-lose situation and thats why i feel parents cannot take ALL of the blame.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So...Hypothetically...If your child caught swine flu you would rather risk there life then risk there health on a drug?
No parent WANTS to harm their child, but what else are they to do? It seems like a lose-lose situation and thats why i feel parents cannot take ALL of the blame.

If my kid caught the "swine flu", he/she would be in bed with HOME MADE orange juice and chicken noodle soup, just like I had when I was a kid.

I do not rely on my government to tell me what to do- I rely on mother nature.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

If my kid caught the "swine flu", he/she would be in bed with HOME MADE orange juice and chicken noodle soup, just like I had when I was a kid.

I do not rely on my government to tell me what to do- I rely on mother nature.

And because other people wouldnt do the same they are bad parents? I think the key part of your statment is "Just like i had when i was a kid"
You know for many people, when they got sick as kids they were given things like flu tablets or whatever was needed, not soup and orange juice. Tamiflu is just generalized as a "Quick fix" to a problem that can turn serious within hours. I dont fully blame the parents that give there kids Tamiflu there isnt really any other choice. Going against the perscription of the drug could result in death and who could live with that on there mind for the rest of there lives?

[edit on 10-8-2009 by SearchLightsInc]

new topics

top topics

join