It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Raids New Orleans Police Department

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I know this is an event that happened long ago, but to those who still live in New Orleans, the excessive and deadly violence which NOPD officers used in the week after Hurricane Katrina is not far from people's minds.

Justice may be slow as well as blind, but she always comes a knockin'...

FBI Raids New Orleans Police Department

According to the paper, FBI agents this week raided the New Orleans Police Department’s homicide unit, seizing files and computer drives connected to the so-called Danziger Bridge incident of September 4, 2005. The bureau is investigating the episode, during which NOPD officers loosed a fusillade of bullets on a group of civilians as they walked over the bridge, killing Ronald Madison and James Brissette, and wounding four others.

The FBI, with new evidence, is also closing in on those responsible for the near-fatal shooting of Donnell Herrington, who was allegedly attacked by a group of white vigilantes in the Algiers Point neighborhood, and the murder of Henry Glover, in that week after Hurricane Katrina.

New Evidence Surfaces in Post-Katrina Crimes

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well that is refreshing to know they seized the records. My next question would be why. To further cover the evidence, or to hold the officers responsible?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Well that is refreshing to know they seized the records. My next question would be why. To further cover the evidence, or to hold the officers responsible?

Considering that there is a Grand Jury in session over these incidents, it appears that the FBI believes that the internal probe conducted by the NOPD attempted to cover up wrong-doing in these three separate events that occurred during the same week in New Orleans. I know it's hard to believe sometimes that the big bad Alphabet Soup Agency is looking out for the little guy, but considering how far up the chain this goes, it's going to make them look good busting a Police Commissioner and Internal Affairs Detectives for multiple indictments.

The FBI has been hitting Police and Political Corruption hard this year. They've focused the majority of their resources on Corruption cases. Corruption indictments made by the FBI have gone up 40% a year consistently since 2005. Among the thousands of indictments, they have brought indictments against 2 U.S. Congressmen for Accepting Bribes, and numerous City Mayors and Police Chiefs.

Not only does this make the FBI look good both to their bosses and the American people (who pays their Payroll), but it seems that they haven't lost sight of the fact that the biggest criminals are those in Public Service who are abusing their positions to the tune of tens of millions of dollars, more so than the average Joe who robs a local Bank Branch for $5000.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

That is great information. Hopefully, one day the truth will be told to the world.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Call me cynical but it sounds like a turf war to me. Kind of like the Crips (?) muscling in on the Bloods. Both are criminals and gangsters but the stronger gang sees the profits to be made and wants it's cut.

The FBI has proven that it is not a friend to law abiding citizens. I don't trust them anymore than I'd trust the local law enforcement or New Orleans or anywhere else.

I'd like to believe that those in positions of authority who abuse their position of power to gun down citizens they're supposed to protect and serve would receive their just deserts. I'd also like to believe Santa Claus is going to get me a new car this year.

top topics

join